Never give up on DAoC

eatsam

Loyal Freddie
Dunno if this link has been posted, but never the less it's worth a repost IMO.

Dark Age of Camelot : Jeff Hickman on WAR, DAoC and the Future - Dark Age of Camelot for PC at MMORPG.COM

It is great when an Executive Producer says, what would you do with Dark Age of Camelot? Well I explained that maybe a sequel would be the way to go. Or perhaps revamp the game with an updated engine, new graphics and art, and keep the world in its old form with game play very close to the way people remember it. Jeff smiled, smirked is more like it, for a very long time. Jeff said that they are hiring right now on the Dark Age of Camelot team. We can only hope DAOC will see a rejuvenation back to its old awesome PvP self.

In short there seems to be plans brewing at Mythic about some revision of the game. Maybe back to its old self pre-ToA but on a new engine.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
Meh.

Got to say I'm getting bored of daoc, ywain is zerged to hell and back, and it's pretty dead here :(

Meekx

Fledgling Freddie
As Random said, atm theres nothing better..

But seriously, a revamped DAoC, and perhaps even DAoC 2 !?

Think I just saw a pig fly by my window, the lady next door sing (aye, she's fat) pink elephants dancing outside, heard teh Angels sing and Devil-dude scream 'cause hell froze over.

I allmost popped a vein trying not to get to exited, since I've been kicked in the sack by Mythic before. But if they for once! just keep a promille of what they "say" or if you like "insinuate" Then they are gonna make millions, and many young men are gonna turn grey from lack of sun.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
Think the only way daoc 2 could ever work would be to set it in the distant past so we could get rid of alot of classes

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Think the only way daoc 2 could ever work would be to set it in the distant past so we could get rid of alot of classes

i quite like having alot of classes to choose from, being an altoholic.

only problem this game has with that is that not all classes are as viable in rvr as others.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
That interview is from September 2009, I know that's only 6 months ago - but everything can change in such a short time. Back in November 2009 EA announced 1500 job cuts, I can't seem to find the exact numbers of Mythic cuts (apparently it was a bunch of testers, QA and support people) - but it's hardly a sign of a prospering company.

The game is constantly switching producer. Christopher Rabideau until Feb 2009, Lori Hyrup until November 2009, Mark Davis until Feb 2010, now we've got Stuart Zissu. Having 4 producers in just over a year doesn't really give much confidence if the people working on it and leading it are constantly changing.

Both games are showing no signs of being in anything other than maintenance mode. DAoC is probably getting a huge amount of effort being put into it just to get all the Euro servers patched up and transfers working, but apart from that we're not going to get anything other than tweaks for patches. I doubt they'll even put in any real juicy content - just the occasional silly quest at various times of the year along with a new MoH quest to keep people happy.

If you're happy with the game as it stands then great, the game will probably run for a long time as it currently stands - but I certainly wouldn't be optimistic for the game to be rejuvenated, I seriously doubt Mythic have the staff to do it.

Nate

FH is my second home
haven't they always said they are recruiting in daoc?

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper, even though I could see what you're saying, I'd like to say that the future of daoc might be somewhat more positive than that. ;)

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC needs to be revamped and marketed in europe and american 'again' to attract new players to the up to date game. I would also suggest old frontiers again, I was running through Cathal the other day and I can honestly say the design like old Emain was really nice and just felt so natural.

I don't think classes should go but I certainly think some need to be nerfed or unnerfed.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
yup sums it up for me. If I go back to Eve though it will be under complete anonymity and with a completely new project in mind.

Oo what naughty things did you get up to there sharky?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom