Never get out of touch

D

dozigden

Well I finally got round to using GOAs XML file - but i thought I'd try to do it a bit differently. So I've written a WAP page that gives the Prydwen Keep/Relic status, if people will actually use it I'll do one for Excalibur too.

So you can now view the server status anywhere on your WAP enabled mobile phone:D, just point your WAP browser here:-

www.savageconclave.com/pryd.wml

PLEASE NOTE - this will probably not work in your normal web browser unless youre using a really cool one like opera.

I'd appreciate any feedback people have on it - if you have problems please include what model phone you are using.

S

SFXman

Hehe... nice one mate. Unfotunately I do not own a WAP cell phone because I couldn't give a rats ass about the feature, even though I am from Finland I still don't have the latest and greatest Nokia.

J

Jupitus

Hehe - nice one:)

/em imagines hoards or Midgard's teenage population hassling their Mums and Dads for that new WAP-enabled Nokia so they can check the relics during maths :p

Only j/k kids!!!

;)

Grats Dozi, good job!

F

Fafnir

Nokia sucks..... Own one, have had a few, and always problem with them.....

S

Sortbane

Originally posted by Fafnir

hey man, get yourself one of those 5110's.. sure they lack some functions but I've had mine for a couple of years now and it's still as good as new (it have outlived a dozen other cellphones :) )

O

old.Cruel Heart

Originally posted by Fafnir

U dont know how to use them..:touch:

S

Seyrcim

do I hear a 'oh, my display is broken... AGAIN'-problem, anyone ? :rolleyes:

D

Damon_D

Hmm never had any problems with me nokia's , currently using a 8310 , but havent bothered to look how the wap works , cause why would I surf on me mobile when i got a 1024kb/s dsl line on my comp :confused: I do like its able to save msg's like a small recorder

D

dozigden

Possibly cos you cant carry a dsl line around with you?:D

K

kr0n

WAP aint Web. WAP is shite. WAP costs loads more than Web, WAP is slower, WAP doesnt have nice GFX, WAP services suck, WAP sucks.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Itzak Theron quickly checking the realm status, while ordering some gefillte fish...
cellphone.jpg

Thank you, Dozigden!

D

Danya

Tried it on my Samsung A300e, worked like a charm, nice one Dozi ;)

T

trigali

Great tool !

At last some use for the WAP functionality of my phone !

D

dozigden

WAP aint Web.

Yup theres 2 letters difference :D

WAP is shite.

No, incorrect, if youre a regular reader of www.theregister.co.uk you'll know that: WAP is Crap, it rhyms, see? :)

WAP costs loads more than Web,

True - but then playing DAoC cost loads more than playing quake - doesnt mean we all go play quake instead - everything has its place.

WAP is slower

Yup - Thats why wap pages are smaller ;)

WAP doesnt have nice GFX

Yup - The bus i goto work on doesnt have a spoiler or alloy wheels either;)

WAP services suck

Mine doesnt, who could ask for more than server status anywhere you want it? :):):)

WAP sucks.

See previous comment:)

PLEASE NOTE LARGE NUMBER OF SMILIES!!!

T

trigali

Kr0n, thank you for this useful post :D

Obviously I don't think having realm/relic status available on the wap is going to change my life either, but I do like the idea that I can know if I want to :D

I want to see the same for Excalibur !

F

Flimgoblin

wap is cool :)

shame it's crap :)

might try that wap server status though...

(and I use opera so I get the cool status from work too :))

S

SFXman

Well, the Communicator has a much better internet :p
Aint no WAP crap, tried it a short while ago.

Nokia rox, ericsson sucks and motorola (+other cheap-ass brands like panasony blablabla).

O

old.tRoG

im using a sagem mw3020 and i cant be bothered charging it so i can check the page ;)

why did i buy a mobile anyway? i never use it...

S

SFXman

How can you not use it? It is vital on weekends when downtown or at some festivals/concerts :eek:

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by SFXman
How can you not use it? It is vital on weekends when downtown or at some festivals/concerts :eek:

you think i live in a city? LOL

i live in NW Scotland ffs... the nearest thing we have to a town is council housing

and concerts... well some local bands play in the nearby hotel now and again - the hotel which is less than a mile away :)

and at weekends im usually at home being a nerd.

S

SFXman

Hahaha, I feel sorry for you! Bwhahaha... no but.. I have felt something like that... used to live in Kilkenny, Ireland (3 years) and am thankful that I am now back in Tampere, Finland.

D

Damon_D

Hmmm Doz im quit a big guy , and can carry alot of shid if I want to:D Nahhh but if im not playing the game, im prob having fun some other way..or working "sigh" , and well its not like I'll stop doing that cause something happend in DAoC ;) I do like the game , but thats what it is a game ;)

F

Flimgoblin

Pulp played in the middle of a forest near Elgin (bit far east I suppose for you :))

Now that was the middle of nowhere!

P

- Pathfinder -

Mobiles are a pain; constantly being phoned by this and that fool every weekend. Least it makes you look important ;)

Users who are viewing this thread