Never complain about lag again....

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that this problem is being reported by the BBC will probably make Blizzard very happy.

Sure they will be unhappy that problems with their game are being reported so widely but on the other hand they will be happy that their game is deemed important enough to be reported by mainstream media.

Never seen any problems with DAOC reported by the BBC.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Gibbo said:
The fact that this problem is being reported by the BBC will probably make Blizzard very happy.

Sure they will be unhappy that problems with their game are being reported so widely but on the other hand they will be happy that their game is deemed important enough to be reported by mainstream media.

I emailed the BBC about the fact that WoW got such great coverage, and their reply was that Mark Ward is a WoWitte, and that they couldnt ignore the fact that WoW atracted 6 gazillion players in such a short time.

I felt like pointing out that DAoC in its time came out before mainstream broadband, super fast connections, in a time when gaming machines cost an arm and a leg and peoples dial up phone bills were horrendous. But the BBC is a snooty conseravitive regeime full of stuck up anally retentive morons who dont see the real world passed their 2 acre gardens and weekly colonic irrigation, far away from the average streets and people.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
But the BBC is a snooty conseravitive regeime full of stuck up anally retentive morons who dont see the real world passed their 2 acre gardens and weekly colonic irrigation, far away from the average streets and people.

Conservative???? more like loony left...

I agree with the rest though:worthy:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
ive emailed them as well regarding the fact that certain online games get massive free coverage alll the time.

looks like blizard slipped the bbc some love or somthing :p

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems daoc isnt know by anybody but the ppl that play it. Most game site i read, if they compare to a mmorpg its ALWAYS WoW, and then if theres a 2. its EQ. Just crap reading how ppl think wow was the founder of mmorpgs becous its the first mmorpg that attracted so many ppl.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
UO was the original decent scale graphical one
EQ was the original 3d one
WoW was the first massively massively popular one.

DAoC's just the best ;)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Ouch, half a second lag is noticable in rvr, can't imagine trying to play with several seconds lag.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Void959 said:
Ouch, half a second lag is noticable in rvr, can't imagine trying to play with several seconds lag.

I can, Prydwen 1 year ago or so :p

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Gibbo said:

probably because DAoC dont have 6 million subscribers :)

if they had i bet they would make BBC headlines to.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:

Mythic isnt owned by a media megacorporation such as Vivendi either. They likely make sure their flagship game product gets as much attention as possible.

The stonewalling and crap customer support is also typical of a supersized company - Blizzard most likely gets its modus operandi directly from Vivendi these days (you bet they have a keen interest in the product since its making them tons of money).

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Void959 said:

I was last week. About 2 seconds difference between button press and cast. Ping was near 900 mS. Fault on a submarine cable forced some traffic from Dubai to go via Singapore then Los Angeles, New York, London and finally Paris. Was fixed after I sent some traceroutes to ISP. No its back to 200 mS. Still more than 3 x what most of Europe see. Still rather live here though :).

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Heh, yeah. PLaying WoW made me feel sorry for all the pressure we put on GoA when we had +500ms lag spikes :-o.
Still, my deepest respect to GoA for sorting that out. The route to the servers is really smoooooth now.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:

DAoC in its time came out before mainstream broadband, super fast connections, in a time when gaming machines cost an arm and a leg and peoples dial up phone bills were horrendous.

At the timeafter launch, DAoC had more than any other MMO had, did the BBC mention that, noooooo. And does anyone else smell a back hander?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
old.Whoodoo said:
At the timeafter launch, DAoC had more than any other MMO had, did the BBC mention that, noooooo. And does anyone else smell a back hander?

was MMORPG's "big" back then? nooooooo, do i still smell a back hander? cant say i do.... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom