Neutral/Hostile.......any difference? n/t

O

old.Gombur Glodson

its the look in their eyes...

O

old.Tycho

This might might be completly right, but from my experience it seem to be the case.

If a monster in neutral and you attack it other neutral monsters in vicinity will ignore you (unless it BAF's) - If it's hostile, although it wont activly aggro you it will join in if you attack it's mates.

D

Danya

Also you can talk to neutrals (if they're humanoid and have something to say), you can't talk to hostiles (they give you a dirty look).

O

old.Organ-Grinder

Originally posted by Dannyn
Also you can talk to neutrals (if they're humanoid and have something to say), you can't talk to hostiles (they give you a dirty look).

i talk to hostiles all the time 2they dont speak back"
but my ussual comment to them r "fugg off goback over there and stop hitting me"

O

old.Gombur Glodson

like I said its the look in their eyes...

G

Gimly

Originally posted by Organ-Grinder

i talk to hostiles all the time 2they dont speak back"
but my ussual comment to them r "fugg off goback over there and stop hitting me"

hehehe

I have managed to piss off the Yarleys!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Gombur Glodson
its the look in their eyes...
lol, this cracked me up.

But yes... hostiles "defend their buddies and shout foul words at you" whilst neutrals just stand there next to their dying friend thinking "Bahahha, poor bastard".

O

old.Elui

so what your actually saying is

neutrals= lazy unfeeling gits happy to watch friends die

hostile = awwww! caring for mates

lol

O

old.The McScrooges

From my Keltoi farming experiences.

Hostiles only join in if their mate asks for help. So two hostile keltoi initates stand next to each, you spectacularly kill one...

Then sit next to his buddy recover your endurance, point at the mess and tell him he's next.

Mob replies 'Huh?'

This of course may be different for different types of hostile mobs?

W

Wibbler2

This isn't quite as clear cut as you think.

Myself and the mrs were out in Pennines, killing NEUTRAL orange con Spiders, when one shouted for help and a red con added and killed us both... :(

We had been there all day killing them btw, so maybe this was a very rare occurance, but I'm not sure :|

We're now looking for other orange mobs to kill...!

S

SFXman

I would say that even neutrals may shout for help... but hostiles will help even without being asked to do so.

O

old.Lianuchta

Some neutrals call for help, like the water beetles in Hib (way to break in the newbies, have two red cons agro on them as they beat up a blue con collector).

Don't think hostiles add until the one attacked asks for help, not sure though. Grovewoods do funny things when they call for help, like one roots you, the other poisons you and the last one heals his mates. They are good fun to fight but you die invariably after about 15 kills or so.

O

old.cerebus

That Ice Giant is hostile and I had my weapon drawn to avoid getting a critical hit, unfortunatly I selected him from a distance.

bye bye cerebus

:D

F

Flimgoblin

Maybe they're just the same...
But hostile means 'you piss off this faction any more and we'll kill you' and they won't trade with you?

whereas neutral means you have a bit of leeway :) need to kill a few in the faction to get aggro :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by cerebus
That Ice Giant is hostile and I had my weapon drawn to avoid getting a critical hit, unfortunatly I selected him from a distance.

bye bye cerebus

:D
rofl :D

V

Vell

I saw a post by Sanya some time ago when she was explaining this.

Basically, Hostile mobs will never become Aggressive.

Hostile and Agressive are the same 'level' of hate, but hostile creatures are docile, whereas Agressive ones are... ummmm... agressive. Agressive will attack on sight, Hostile will not.

So the difference between Neutral and Hostile, is that Hostile mobs hate you, whereas Neutral mobs are... ummmm...neutral to you.

You can have a conversation with neutral mobs (for example the svartalf vendors outside Atla) but if they turn hostile then you can't.

In terms of baffing, calling for help, and other combat related differences - there aren't any.

S

SFXman

Vell, well... then hostile mobs are just plain useless...

O

old.CreepingDeath

ppl seem to have it right..
I was once in varulv down where the Quixors are.. all around me were hostile. I attacked 1 and after about 5 secs all around agro'd me :)
I have also been attacked by a hostile without attacking it or any nearby.. but its quite rare.

As for yelling for help.. Thats mob dependant, even friendly mobs can yell for help making all nearby come and attack u :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom