Nerfing and Enhancing a simple solution.....

L

Light

Mythic should start taking some kind of psychology lessons and instead of nerfing classes that are good, taking a negative approach, why don't they take a positive approach and improve classes that are clearly weak......

I know I know before u start people will start to complain that some classes are getting too powerful for them but it will just mean that people will have to adapt how they play to the new skills some characters have, it is far easier to adapt to an external factor than having to adapt to an internal factor, n.b external meaning other people's characters, internal obviously your own character.

Surely this is a better alternative than nerfing a character after 6months and then expecting people to change the style of play completely or dare I say it have to respec to make their character worthwhile?!?

Ideas welcome

A

Addlcove

what I don´t get is why people want "balanced" classes, I mean a healer be it cleric or friar is a support class, in my opinion they should take away smite from clerics and let them spec crush instead, that would make them a fair support class, as it is now Smite clerics specially have way to much power, I play a friar (obviosly) and I think the friar is one of the best fittet class in albion, they can what they are supposed to do and that´s it.

give clerics 1.5 spec points and take away their smite and replace it with a crush spec line.......

^^My opinion^^

G

Gef

give clerics 1.5 spec points and take away their smite and replace it with a crush spec line.......

Er dont get me wrong but would that not make them a variant of a Friar?

O

old.Zeikerd

About the cleric: they should remove the DD's from the smite spec line. Stun and mez are enough. Add some more things like debuffs and a castable damage shield.

A

Alrindel

Also I think they should let rangers wear scale, heal, PBAOE mezz, cast bolts and use large weapons. And they should put our buffs back to where they were pre-1.45. :p

T

Tigerius

I could go for timered DDs or possibly full removal if the replacement was strong. Not some silly damage shields those are always useless, and debuffs aint something to carry a whole specline of their own. You see you have to add something that makes the smiting line MEANINGFUL, not a bunch of reject spells of limited use.

O

old.CreepingDeath

spirit master Suppression line = couple of debuffs, a heal (life transfer), and a normal mez. a bit crap in other words.

I managed to take a cleric 1v1 the other day after he ran up behind me, was a very long and fun fight.
He seemed to insta heal 2 times, he used 2 dd's (took 50%), insta mezzed me which broke when he hit me.. luckily i got a mez of my own off and nuked some more.

The fact they can insta mez, dd's, can nuke for 450, have not bad health and insta heals, AND they have sword and shield!!
All sm's have is a nuke (which heals). but having so little health its often gone b4 i can do anything.

Imo quickcast should be changed.. make it take triple mana but no 30 second timer, even things up a little for all classes without insta's.
Or even make everyones quickcast an insta cast

O

old.chesnor

Nerfing makes more sense in software terms, as it is far quicker and easier to make a downward adjustment on 1 class rather than to adjust several classes upward. Also, smite Clerics were truly uber in RvR (face off against a insta-mezzing, stunning, insta-healing, self-buffing, chain wearing 'mage' in RvR and you'll see what I mean)

Take a look at the Cleric smite line, then look at the Shaman cave magic line. Now tell me what loving Mythic could give cave that would make that line even approach the power of smite ? It would mean a major rework of an entire spec line = lots of work. Then you have Healers, Friars, Wardens, Druids and Bards.

Nerfing, although a pain in the arse, if the most sensible way to do it. Skalds....beware.

S

Solid

the 2 things that made Clerics overpowered were the Smite Damage and Insta Heals, now smite has been toned down, their damage potential is more in line with Thanes, which is acceptable.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Gef

Er dont get me wrong but would that not make them a variant of a Friar?

eeh, no. it would make them better, as they can use a specline mace +shield AND wear better armour ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom