nerf

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
anyone know how to make thwe .bat file to go past the update server...i still can´t login...i have run a check on my comp now and everyting is 100% working even my connection but still i can´t get past patch window

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dwali said:
anyone know how to make thwe .bat file to go past the update server...i still can´t login...i have run a check on my comp now and everyting is 100% working even my connection but still i can´t get past patch window

generally not a good idea to bypass the update server (it's against the CoC for one).

Try RightNow with your problems?

Have you been able to connect before with your current setup?
have you installed any new hardware/software recently?
have you changed ISPs or the configuration of your home network at all?
Have you installed Windows XP service pack 2?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
i hate SP2...it screws up comp so i havent installd it...and i installd a new hdd and Ram last night and loggd on Daoc after and did ml3...workt like a charm...but today i can´t in som strange way....and i don´t think Rightnow can help me when i can´t access there homepage

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dwali said:
i hate SP2...it screws up comp so i havent installd it...and i installd a new hdd and Ram last night and loggd on Daoc after and did ml3...workt like a charm...but today i can´t in som strange way....and i don´t think Rightnow can help me when i can´t access there homepage

I take it you're getting a 201 error - cannot connect to the patcher?

Given you can't get to the goa webpages it sounds like it's not the patcher that's the problem - its your net connection, sounds like something went bad somewhere and you can't get to the GOA network.

get a command prompt (start->run type "cmd")
and type:
tracert 193.252.123.3

have a look where it stops working :)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
I take it you're getting a 201 error - cannot connect to the patcher?

Given you can't get to the goa webpages it sounds like it's not the patcher that's the problem - its your net connection, sounds like something went bad somewhere and you can't get to the GOA network.

get a command prompt (start->run type "cmd")
and type:
tracert 193.252.123.3

have a look where it stops working :)
its stops on step 11 when i do it...it gets out from my connection owner but then it stops

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Dwali said:
its stops on step 11 when i do it...it gets out from my connection owner but then it stops

possibly a problem with your ISP? can get to the website fine here (can't check the patcher though - not got daoc installed at work)

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
thnx anyway...calling my support now and asking them

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
almost sounding to me that ur firewall somehow blocked GOA's ip adresses.......

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
firewall is disable...why did it work last night and this morning then

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ctuchik said:

Tracert wouldn't have passed in that case, it's a problem somehow on the last hop that stops responding.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Gahn said:
Tracert wouldn't have passed in that case, it's a problem somehow on the last hop that stops responding.

Depends if the "firewall" allows ICMP requests, so it might work.

Its a longshot but it could be your ISP's DNS servers, although that shoudn't stop you pinging an ip address just doing a reverse lookup on its name.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
scorge said:
Depends if the "firewall" allows ICMP requests, so it might work.

Its a longshot but it could be your ISP's DNS servers, although that shoudn't stop you pinging an ip address just doing a reverse lookup on its name.

Then it'd have dropped dead at hop 2.
Imo, paste the traceroute here so we can have a look at it.

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
I have the feeling clustering gonna have the same faith than coop server, account splitting and ingame marriage.... :mad:

Hope not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom