Nerf zealots, they're overpowered

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf......whine...complains.....zealots....etc

Just thought I'd get in early :)

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...looks to me like another secondary healer with poor armor and offensive duties requiring them to do other stuff than actually being secondary healer...and having both flexible weapon and offensive focus spells sounds like redundancy...
To me it seems like Zealots can be either cloth healers, cloth /assist tanks or focus casters. Then again, until we've seen what abilities they get and what the spells look like we cant draw many conclusions. Just gave me the impression that the speclines were pretty much mutually exclusive.

Oh, and if you haven't read about them yet, clicky.

Dardalion

Fledgling Freddie
Camelot Vault: Are the "extra" classes being added to Hibernia and Midgard special in any way?

Matt Firor: Yes. Our current plan is to have one "standard" class per Realm in Catacombs, and then Midgard and Hibernia get one extra "special" class. These classes will be limited to females only and are, incidentally, two of the most-requested classes back when we were first designing Camelot that we never implemented.

Who played beta & remembers what classes where most requested ? :)

Frealaf

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm female only.

As a guess I would say a Valkyrie-type for Middies and perhaps a Dryad for Hibbies although not sure what abilities they would possess.

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
yes yes, who cares if its female, can it petspam? :)

nerfbbs

Fledgling Freddie
Judging by the number of juveniles joining the game at the moment the new female toons will probably be bonde with enormous tits.

Tho if i think about it the only thing I ver met that cud outbash a savage was my 5 foot tall landlady in Glasgow after a bottle of vodka :eek2:

Yerk 50 cab
Xerk 50 Reaver

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from a l33t mib:

'Oo look I can spam ae stun'

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
xenia- said:
yes yes, who cares if its female, can it petspam? :)

even if we do get a petspam class, itll be shite, no fop in pve anymore :E

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Please give the possibility to also do subtle changes to existing characters with their haircolor / face and everything now that new stuff also can be applied to new chars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gromnir

Fledgling Freddie
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Please give the possibility to also do subtle changes to existing characters with their haircolor / face and everything now that new stuff also can be applied to new chars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nah we'll all end up wanting to look like everyone else so we have something to whine about.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:

i think they were thinking of implementing a face respec but tbh not sure if it was just a rumour or if mythic said it, read it on a sight when catacombs was first anounced.

i want 2 look REALLY old, gray hair and gray beard with a scare across the eye and b like

"Gather round children, ive got a very short message to tell you, it concerns our vile enemies, those of Albion, <rips out his eye> see this? glass, made from the lava that flows through Muspelheim <points at a fury kind Valkyn> thats <thinks of a name> Daisy, my wife, she made this for me :), see, years ago, when i was fighting fit, like my son is now <points at mids new class> i was fighting back the plated scum that was marching on Odins gate, and in my haste, i attacked 4 albionians, 3 paladins, and what i can only describe, as a walking blue fish wielding two weapons, i did not know what it was, so i quickly kicked it in the chest and knocked it 2 the floor, while dealing with the paladins, they hit very weak, but have great defence, not much of a challenge, just requires some well timed attacks, any way, once i had slayed the vile paladins, i looked to the blue man, who looked at me slightly worried, i gave a small grin to him, and vanished as quickly as i had arrived, then i felt a small pain in my lower back, i turned around and SMACK i dagger thrown into my eye, i still dont know what happened the rest of that day, but i woke up here in aegir, with Daisy by my side, smiling, she told me i faught well, but had too much trust, now, having only 1 eye, i was terrified, and when i looked around i saw skeletons walking around cleaning up! Daisy just gave a quick glance to one, who swiftly moved over and pulled from his own eye what looked like a marble, just that moment the town healer came in, with a sad smile on his face, he stunned me, while daisy drew a axe, and here was when i panicked, un able 2 move, skeletons surrounding me, having only 1 eye, and a axe being drawn right infront of me, then...BANG daisy jammed the marble in my eye, i woke from the stunning spell and fell to the floor screaming, feeling nothing but pain, the old healer quickly moved to me and rested his ahnd on my forhead and all i felt was a soothing cold wrip up my spine and come flowing out of my new marble, I COULD SEE AGAIN!" ok so thats a bit long winded and if u just read that well, sorry for waisting ur time just bored :(

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Smurflord said:
Nerf......whine...complains.....zealots....etc

Just thought I'd get in early :)

aye, tbh give them no shield, block 2 much for a hybrid healer :(

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Frealaf said:
Hmm female only.

As a guess I would say a Valkyrie-type for Middies and perhaps a Dryad for Hibbies although not sure what abilities they would possess.

Apparently the new classes are Vampiir and Valkyrie for mid and Warlock and Banshee for hib - and zealot for albs.

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
stop giving us new classes so the essential players re-roll these new crappy rvr classes . make the ones we got Stronger!! tbh givf clerics CC and remove the zealot :worthy: :worthy:

These Zealots sounds like

Waheee I one-shotted there second healers....

Givf Zealots Plates , A huge shield , Cleric healz and some bolts , then u have a good new class. Its our turn to get an overpowered class dont u fink ?

flame all u want tbh thats just my view

Meh-> :twak: <- Mythic

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Zealots don't sound that great
Probley going to stay in leather..

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Matt Firor: Yes, we are planning on adding new character slots - two more, for ten total. You'll have to purchase Catacombs to access the extra slots.

Pwned :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Can't understand why they give more classes when some never get groups hardly(armsman, wizards, necros, mentalists, valewalkers, champs, animists, thanes, skalds, bonedancers, reavers)

If you look at the list, you see five SI classes, i wonder if catacombs classes will be left out in the cold too :(

Albion could of done with a healing/cc class mixed in one but we never know what a zealot is going to have, i am guessing it's going to be a bit like a shaman at least i hope so :p

Ivan

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Albion could of done with a healing/cc class mixed in one but we never know what a zealot is going to have, i am guessing it's going to be a bit like a shaman at least i hope so :p

i bet its gonna be a frigging mix of VW and Friar :(

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Can't understand why they give more classes when some never get groups hardly(armsman, wizards, necros, mentalists, valewalkers, champs, animists, thanes, skalds, bonedancers, reavers)

If you look at the list, you see five SI classes, i wonder if catacombs classes will be left out in the cold too :(

A good hibgrp should have a mentalist tbh. STT > theurg and other pet classes.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Ctuchik said:
cloth acually....

Bah
I thought since they were Acolytes to start off with they automaticly have leather, i guess that makes albion have a Cloth CC and now a cloth Healer :)

Sounds like a Mix between a Mentalist (mentalisam spec) and a Valewalker :p

Anyone else see the incoming problem :p

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
Bah
I thought since they were Acolytes to start off with they automaticly have leather, i guess that makes albion have a Cloth CC and now a cloth Healer :)

Sounds like a Mix between a Mentalist (mentalisam spec) and a Valewalker :p

Anyone else see the incoming problem :p

Valewalker have cloth and plate absorb so dont count em out yet :)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Chimaira said:
Valewalker have cloth and plate absorb so dont count em out yet :)

Not to mention they block more of my arrows then a full shield warrior

Someone got pwned .. oh wait it was me

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
They will probably have leather, people at mythic genraly no nothing about the game anyway, especially the people that give info, i know, i have experiance dealing with them. After all whats easyer, keep them in cloth or write all the code to have there leather ability removed and add the AF and Abs buffs. On top of that you have the fact if they require self AF and ABS Buffs they won't be able to make us of the stand buffs all other classes use.

Albion really doesn't need another Nukers, we have too many spec nukers as it is. Give Zealot speed, instent group Haist, ability to instently drop an group out of speed at 1500+ range (instent stun/mezz/root or even instant AOE disease at 1500 range, 2min 8sec recast), they gonna need some kind of instent lifetap seeing as they have weak armour and no pets too keep them healed, or maybe they will have an undead pet, that would be nice.

Valkyrie maybe a cross between warden/frier, no 3rd spell line but can spec self buffs and large shield or maybe spear.

Also guessing that mids and hibs will gain some of the abilities they don't currently have, such as power transfer and maybe even power tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom