Nerf Thanes!!!!

H

Haroc

ok, we all know thanes was gimps before they never got any groups because of the lack of group ability, they do medium damage and slam which is great, but no determination and not to much hits even though they get ability to interrupt every 20 second from range. so now mythic saw this after about 2 years from where the game release, yes i know thanes was overpowered in the beginning with ae snare, but that was before BBs and Ae mess and CC and such. So they got nerfed...
Now after about 1 years of being gimps they will get love, the love we all be waiting for.
In 1.65 thanes will get 20% higher damage with pbaoe insta and ae hammer, also less power and end usage of spells, they also get MCL!!!!

So now i ask mythic please nerf thanes before they get fotm and make them be able to kill a cleric in 1on1 and maybe even a druid at times, and the chance of melee:ing a warden or a bard to death is kind of 50%.

So please mythic nerf them before albs give us the nerf screams as they allways have. i mean thanes will be truly overpowered with this MCL, they can cast up to 3 more insta dds when being out of combat and used MCL thats will truly give thanes the upperhand in rvr against champions and paladins with are the counterpart to Thane. And not to talk about how wanted they will be in group now when they will give so high dmg in melee and be able to do 60 instead of 48 damage with the insta pbaoe they can kill any char way faster than before.

ok they albs are also getting love in the pathes which are to come, necromancers with right eq and resistens and stats, necromancers will have 1800 hits and a dd which do about 400 in rvr and they get power from it with 2 second casting time.

Cabalist will also get love with the dmg of 300 with faster casting time then any other casters and get 60% life from it. thats nice but nothing compared to thane which now have MCL, and 20% higher damage with spells.

And not the talk about the Thanes RA i mean they are so good so they should be the only hybrid without AP imo and apparently mythic do too as they are the only ones. And Static Tempest is a first choice for any thane. Insta group heal and a nice PBAOE DD is way worse then a ae insta stun for 3 seconds imo and stun immunity for 1min

So please lets hope mythic nerf them as quickly as they made them overpowered

B

borim

ehh?

nerf em they are overpowerd imo :bazbeer:

H

Haroc

Originally posted by Tharion
Whats a Thane?

A Thane is a norseman/dwarf/troll that runs around in emain and get stealthzerged and you know those little lightning bolts which does about 80 dmg?, thats a thanes work, overpowered imo

B

Brynn

its the thingy that chain casts a spell and causes the enemy to lag- and even LD

fotm imo

T

Tasans

Hammers and melee are cliche, the new age thane carries a treb with him if he wants to do damage.

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by Tasans
Hammers and melee are cliche, the new age thane carries a treb with him if he wants to do damage.

Lol, used to bring rams with me when I went out dueling with my warden. Well, needed to damage somehow!

W

Whoodoo_RD

Well i have been looking forward to some loving that will make my mezz breaking, lightning making, slam botting, end using, hitpoint lacking Thane come out of retirement.

instead ill just find him a new OAP home.:sleeping:

J

j0ker

I'd re-sub my account and roll a Thane tomorrow if I could make a Kobold one.

R

rolf_erikson

LOOOL !!
First we are owerpowered?? dunno when that happened. Then we get a strange reputation of being mezz breakers, like choosing a Thane automaticly makes that and like no one else breaked a mezz without the whole class get e bad repp for it. :eek:

Then we cant hardly get a group in RvR cuse we dont add anything to it?????
We are to weak and gimped and you name it we have been called it. :(

AND now it looks like we gonna get some "love" atlast and even before we even get it you wanna "nerf" us??

Dunno what to say about that imo. im so supprised for that reaction but it seems like Thanes allways gonna have some strange bad repp on this server i really dunno why. :(

Annyway i really hope it works out and that we "Bad/gimped" Thanes gonna have a easyier time to get RvR-groups after the patch. :)

Happy hunting to all of you and remember Thanes are good in RvR-groups for sure. :)

Rolf Erikson
"rr8"
NoM

Z

Zoldot

I was very dissapointed at mythic when they said "in 1.65 thane going to get a boost, we gonna rebuild the SC line"
The only thing they done is to make the dmg 20% higher lol?
shouldnt the rebuild the SC line?
The hope is lost, Daoc never going to be balanced, and as it it now only det tanks/healurs and a few more classes can get grps
:(

Daoc will fall soon when many new MMORPG's come out,
Many ppls say daoc is the best MMORPG there is atm. maybe but I for one doesn't think so anymore, have been but not more.
atleast not for mids.
now you have sc equipmment, RA's, soon MA's. etc etc
Was much more fun when u worn dropped equippment etc.
Mythic practicly destroys the game by adding new things trying to balance the game.

However about thanes, really need a boost.
Even if they is going to give thane a boost in the future it will be too late :(

Now its all about farmage,items and RR.
Wasn't before and that was better times imo.

T

Tasans

Rolf you got the thread a bit serious imo.
And the only love thanes got was that they made farming easier and gave more enc to carry materials so you can properly equip more useful classes.

I mean ffs yesterday an rr5 minstrel evaded 4 slams and blocked another one, while i was fully buffed. Whats gimpier than that? Thanes cant even be proper guardbots if they cant hit anything.

R

rolf_erikson

That is bad imo. :(

But i hit kinda good i think. :)

but then im not shield specced. :)

All i want is that people dig up all their Thanes so we can show the realm that we really are good in RvR.

Regards.

Rolf Erikson

NoM

T

Tasans

Well yeah with 50 sword and AFS you cant go wrong. But thanes are still gimps.

Y

ye-roon

there is a reason why its called:

"The hammers of mezz Breaking"

B

bjaadi-

Thanes will always be gimp...

We give up alot of ws and hp for the ability to fart lightning...
But i love my thane and wouldnt trade him for any fotm :)

Was 2h thane 50 axe 32 parry 48sc to rr5+ im now 44 hammer 42 shield 46 sc tried out 50 axe 42 shield 36 sc 10 parry aswell but didnt like it.... slam and guard is the only thing i can offer to a group oh yeah almost forgot a dd now and then, insta interupt and ae interupt

A good player with a thane can do alot for a group.. but BAM theres the mezz your out for the rest of the fight... so is all the other non det classes but they got somthing to offer before under the fight speed buffs etc... sure with purge your viable once evry 30 min

i mean if i put together a rvr group id never pick a thane id w8 for a savage,warrior instead.. sad but true...

give thanes something to offer to a group rework sc line etc
some form of det or mezz shield like sorc got...

thane is a solo char in rvr as it is now...

O

old.Lythande

The thane/healer combo was overpowered back in beta when you still could chain-mezz/stun ppl used to go to rvr at lvl30 in grey gear and only mids had a highlevel dungeon that was itemized(spindelhalla) so noone had any resists and thanes are still paying for it.

W

Whoodoo_RD

OK, so they ramp up the SC line, we still cant acheive a decent spec, loosing out on one or 2 lines everytime.

46 or 48 SC means no 50 weapon, lower and its crap, might as well have rolled a warrior.
42 sheild gives slam, again we will never get 50 sheild to lessen the chance an RR1 mincer has of blocking every attempt.

The DD and AEDD lines both blow, they are either resisted, of work for about 40 damage and are damn slow to cast. The instas...dont even mention them.

Hit points, might as well have rolled a zerker.

Epic armour - laughable in all ways, stats, looks etc.

RA - Static Tempest, worst RA in the game, insta stun immunity, even from itself!

As for the comments about Mjolliner, well lets just say you certainly have not met a career Thane, as we all know the impplications of using this spell, so leave the comments about that at the door before we start on cave shammies and runemasters. Its old, and has been since 1.56 was here.

Even fully boofed, we still do much less damage than most, hunters outgun us, casters have root and mezz, seers can heal themselves - and full aug can fight better than us!

Fix most of this you have a viable class, for now, Whoodoo remains in the Knarr retirement home for Unwanted characters and gimps, whittling away at peices of other peoples old weapons.

F

-Freezingwiz-

1 skald
1 shammy
2 healers
4 thanes

the pbaoe killer grp :p

K

Kindar

Imo 20% seems ok so far, maybe its worth going 50 Stormcalling. Not sure how much more damage it will be, but i know ae stuff really breaks up hib pbae grps. And most albs just run around in zergs, so you hit like 40 of em in 1 cast.

I remember seeing the rp stats on some german? server. Had a rr10 Thane. Imo Thanes aren't bad if you know how to play em. And Thanes er good too in rvr, although they don't have Determ for mezz....but thats where the healers are brought in i hope.

Got no idea how many healers people can tag along in mid grps, just to spam some ae stun, mezz or whatever. Mids need to use the damn demezz ability ffs! The only place i see it would be in pve.
Maybe thats why the Thane hitted rr10. Cause they nominated a healer to demezz? Face it...not everyone can walk around with determ5, just so healers can skip the hard work.
Demezz is a powerful tool...so far i think hibbies are rather good at using it, but mids? Pfft...

H

hiban

Originally posted by Kindar
Imo 20% seems ok so far, maybe its worth going 50 Stormcalling. Not sure how much more damage it will be, but i know ae stuff really breaks up hib pbae grps. And most albs just run around in zergs, so you hit like 40 of em in 1 cast.

I remember seeing the rp stats on some german? server. Had a rr10 Thane. Imo Thanes aren't bad if you know how to play em.

Agreed! Spamming ae hammers for the win!

was this thread made in some sarcasm-rush? If so, i find it very amusing :D

X

Xaldrick

Originally posted by Haroc

Insta group heal and a nice PBAOE DD is ...

How on earth can you equalize those two RA's ?

Its like saying mastery of water is as good as determination

Users who are viewing this thread