Games nerdish rpg games?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I have been craving some nice rpg games lately... Can anyone recommend a newer game with crazy advanced gameplay, lots of stats skills and so on that you need to read a thousand pages to understand? Preferrably a fantasy universe.

I really liked the old nwn game and other dnd games. What I find boring is the lack of costumization of skills and stats as for example in Diablo 3, Skyrim and these new titles. They seem too simple tbh... Dont get me wrong, they are excellent and entertaining games, but I wanna do some number crunching! :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
wow NWN...not played that in a good while 0o

Afran

Part of the furniture
Yeah those.. Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, NWN are your typical go-to's. Mine are The Last Remnant, Disgaea etc.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks for the suggestions, but im looking for something a little newer :)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Witcher 2 maybe but its a bit lacking in customisation

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Drakengard is newish and similiar to old style rpgs

pikeh

Resident Freddy
How about the Adventure mode on Dwarf Fortress? its still beta-ish but its free to play, extremely detailed, and best of all, ASCII graphics!

/edit nm, didn't see the word 'newer'. Its worth a look though for the fortress mode.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Oh oh, and look at this; http://store.steampowered.com/app/98800/

I've heard good things about it, theres a ridiculous number of stats to crunch and its a roguelike, so permadeath!

Can't even go wrong with BG2 - could always try the Big World Project Mod (15gigs worth of mods that tie BG1 and 2 altogether, make it a completely new game if you've played the originals to death, like me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom