neocron, anyone here plyed it?

O

old.m0000

i played the beta, didn't like it

seemed too much of a cross between a fps and a rpg

+ when i died near the begining i lost ALL my stuff including my spells etc so had to make a new char.... bit lame

B

Belsameth

if it isn't the bug ridden piece of shit it was at launch it can be quite good.
it was horrible when I left tho.
crashes at least every hour, and each patch introduced nerfs for all classes exept the tank

K

klavrynd

crappy game, lotsa annoying germans in beta

N

nicky-nook

Played it for a few months not as bad as you might think..

Regards Nicky.

K

kan-

its basically Systemshock 2 / Deus Ex online.

The engine sucks though.

T

tindel

to quote klav in an earlier statement:

"Ich bin ein h4x0r!"

nuff said, crap game

C

Cush

tried the game once.. pretty sure it will never happen again. about the biggest load of crap ive ever played

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Belsameth

crashes at least every hour, and each patch introduced nerfs for all classes exept the tank

Hmm..kinda reminds me of another game i "play"...

Crashed every 15 mins, atleast, because i got my gfx drivers funked and every patch nerfs everything except tanks...hmmm..now what was it...Dusk Arriving over Camelot..or something like that...

G

Gamah

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Hmm..kinda reminds me of another game i "play"...

Crashed every 15 mins, atleast, because i got my gfx drivers funked and every patch nerfs everything except tanks...hmmm..now what was it...Dusk Arriving over Camelot..or something like that...

why complain..just pack your bags and leave!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Gamah
why complain..just pack your bags and leave!

Umm..yes..well. First off. I don't play that much anymore.

Secondly. Do i really have to put a smiley in each post that people might take too seriously?

O

old.Jeriraa

Playing both, NC and DAoC. Bugwise NC isnt realy worse than DAoC anymore. Tanks got nerfed. Hybrid monks got nerfed. Only the Private Eyes are still waiting for their balance patch. Spies need some love (They are meant to be longrange supporters but the clipping range of the engine is to low to make use of their special weapons.)

Most people saying "I'll never touch it again." probably havent even left the city. The world is huge. Vehicles are a must for safe travel.
Then endgame PvP still needs some tweaks but the battles actually require some real skills unlike DAoC. Some of the Outposts are masterpieces of design. (For the people who have NC, take a look at Soliko Labs! The OP is great for endless thrilling battles.)
The playerbased economy is great though massproduction of items is pain. To make an item you require 3 specialized crafters. Not all materials/parts are common and can be bought in shops. There are even rare weapons (wich are going to get really rare now since the drop rate was drasticly decreased) wich have to be assembled from 4-6 dropped parts. Crafting is essential for the game. Unlike DAoC where you probably will never earn the cash back you spent on skilling you can become really rich being a crafter in Neocron. Or you can become a smuggler since certain weapons are not available in the city but have to be imported from the Twilight Guardian.
The skill system makes sure that you dont have a full server of clones running around. Everybody weights his skills in a different way leading to much more individuality than in DAoC. For example you could make a rifle using monk or cap a char only by crafting.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I played it for a few weeks, but gave up because I only have room in my life for one MMORPG. I thought it was pretty cool in parts, but on-balance I prefer DOAC. I think teh thing that really got to me was the chat interface - I found it really painful to use and, as a result, the game didn't seem as social as DAOC.

Worth taking a look, as it AO if you haven't played that recently.

O

old.tRoG

How do you ply something?

*Mumbles something about typing things out in full*

O

old.Tohtori

It's like ap-ply. Or a typoed fly. Maybe they are trying to apply a fly into some equation or something...i dunno..i confuse myself sometimes. I need a smiley...

hmm...

get more...

aaah...

:mgwhore2: :kissit: :mgwhore:

M

moo_work

Originally posted by old.tRoG
How do you ply something?

*Mumbles something about typing things out in full*

"moo plys you with drink until you start trying to seduce a teapot"

S

skilzched

oo thx for the info, got more replies than i expected lol

bought it, gonna try it so we'll see

K

klavrynd

if you see a guy that comes to you and yells

"ich bin ein hax0000r" or "He dich, kansste mich implantieren????"

say hi for me

(better macro it)

A

Addlcove

Originally posted by Cush
yes you have to do that ;)

so you having a smiley behind the answer to that question means that he shouldn't apply a smiley to each post to show they aren´t serious?

:p

P

primo

Originally posted by klavrynd
if you see a guy that comes to you and yells

"ich bin ein hax0000r" or "He dich, kansste mich implantieren????"

say hi for me

(better macro it)

Ive played it for 2 months and still havent seen anyone speak german. Dont play on the german servers if you dont want to hear ppl speak german. And most of the "1337" talk is not from germans its from UK/USA kids thinking they own everything and everyone.

K

klavrynd

in beta all servers were german so that kinda explains it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom