Negative Maelstrom

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Negative Maelstrom

Charplan says:
6 tick AE DoT with a 350 radius. The damage starts at the listed amount and increases by that amount each tick. 2 second non-interruptible cast time. 1500 range.

Herald says:
A 2 second non-interruptible cast time cold based pulsing GTAE storm with 350 radius. Ground target range is 1500. The damage of the storm grows with each pulse.

900sec rut,

lvl1: 156
lvl2: 312
lvl3: a whooping 468! oO

I stumbled upon this great realm ability not long ago while being bored and had never seen it being used, so it made me wonder if anyone had ever tried it out in real rvr? I can imagine it being amazing in bomb grps, zergs and sieges since both enchanters, bonedancers(combined with twf), spiritmasters, animists and mentalists(combined with ST, Maeloch will be taking out fgs soon :D) can get this ability

If anyone has any footage of this ability being used, I would really appreciate if you could share it :)

Anyone tried it or have anyone ever used it on you, and how well does it work? Would love to test it, but I have none of the characters listed above and I won't believe in fweesh*rd-testing!

d@n.dk

One of Freddy's beloved
I got it on my Theurg Yesheis .. and have great fun using it in Rvr ..looks pretty funny, when a zerg stops, and wonder wtf that is ..
b95.gif
( looks like blue stribes coming down from above )

Used right after you`ve rooted ( aoe ) it hits ok.. the L1 as i have now for 150-170 every 3 sec ( i think it is ) so .. im going for the L3 ..

b9.gif

CorNokZ

MY version of a rox (high rr) mid bomb grp:

2healers, 2sm's(both moc3), bd(with twf and NM3!), thane(with ST), valk(ichor3) and another sm/wl/skald! - Omg fuck yeah!

And a friend of mine who has no idea what he is talking about:

1 healer, 1 shammy, 1 skald, 1 bd, 2sms, 1 rm, 1 wl.. Zzz

This is ofc suited for massive zergs/sieges

Which one is best/most fun? :D

edit: Can you post a pic D@n? :D

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
This is how it looks and tbh it's quite worthless, kinda like ST as soon as people see it they will run out of it so it will never get to it's full potential unless you are at a keep siege or something I guess.

C

Carss

Have had this long ago for a mess about spec to solo bomb keep doors and stuff (twf3 nm3 pd5 purge2 and banelord bomb). It was pretty crap when it had no spell effect, because the fact it ticks up means only a retard would be in it when its going to do any noticable damage, now that it has that stupid spell effect you have no chance, crap RA waste of points, maybe worth a 5 pointer if you camp bridges and towers a lot (hi albs) there to make people back off thinking it might do big damage.

Darkmack

One of Freddy's beloved
Have had this long ago for a mess about spec to solo bomb keep doors and stuff (twf3 nm3 pd5 purge2 and banelord bomb). It was pretty crap when it had no spell effect, because the fact it ticks up means only a retard would be in it when its going to do any noticable damage, now that it has that stupid spell effect you have no chance, crap RA waste of points, maybe worth a 5 pointer if you camp bridges and towers a lot (hi albs) there to make people back off thinking it might do big damage.

lol i remember that - its true it doesn't do any damage in the beginning also its true you have to be a fucking moron to stay still in it after its ticking ^-^

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Always thought the re-use timer was terribly long for such a weak and circumstantial ability.

Hence why I never bothered with it on my theurg.

I imagine it could be very nice for dealing with bridge campers and lord rooms if you have the chance to safely fire it off in the right spot however it's alot of RA's to spend for something that is very siturational.

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
I've used it long ago on my sm when it had no visual effect. The cast time is the same as twf and the start damage sux. The damage grows as it ticks, so bit hard to make it worth in a fg fight or so. Kinda fun was in a keep take ,placed it on the enemy fop and made em run away when they didnt know where the damage comes from.
Prolly more use with ae stunn, the last tick hitted for about 8xx-9xx when i used it and got lucky to hit any1

CorNokZ

Prolly more use with ae stunn, the last tick hitted for about 8xx-9xx when i used it and got lucky to hit any1

That's what I mean! Albs/hibs are camping the lords room/relic, run in with a fg, put it down together with twf, ST and ae stun while pbae'ing and you'll have the most amazing deathspam and no one will be able to do shit! Even with healers on top, they can't keep up with twf, pbae and a 8xx-9xx dot oO

liloe

It's my birthday today!
NM is totally shit. You're taking this from the wrong approach. Sure you CAN maybe hit for 800-900 with it on the LAST tick, but you're wasting 30 RA points, which could be invested in much better things, if you ask me.

I had NM1 for a few days and it's ok'ish to stop healers from camping one of the two sides of a bridge, but 15mins RUT is really crap, considering there's also a 2nd side on a bridge...

Taggys

Fledgling Freddie
NM awful ra, its only gonna be good for a grapple class and solo, UNLESS you run against retards that dont move out of it :)

I mean 2days ago i ran a 6 man group and killed 20 albs within 30-60 seconds cuz they were too idiotic to move outa twf + ST + pbaoe, just droped and bombed them in a keep, so NM is only good for mids/hibs maybe? :p

uron

Loyal Freddie
This is how it looks and tbh it's quite worthless, kinda like ST as soon as people see it they will run out of it so it will never get to it's full potential unless you are at a keep siege or something I guess.

wat a suprise, andy and darqs in labby :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!

That picture is fake, Donnheilo outside a bridge doesn't exist xD

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Kept meaning to try it but never got around to it. For only 5pts did seem like might have some use at lvl1 for popping stealth and running peeps thru at bottlenecks, but guess with the big fuckoff animation it's no good even for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom