needs some help sorting out resists and bonuses

F

Falcor

atm i have with no magic items i have resists: (except afanc scale cloak)

Crush: 28
Slash:21
Thrust:18
Heat:6
Cold:12
Matter:8
Body:16
Spirit:13
Energy:0

I can get my hands on most items, i wanna try and maximise my resists, however im also specced: 50 slash 42 shield some parry etc, do i need to have + slash and + shield items aswell as resists or should i concetrate on highest possible resists?

What with all the DF items now theres laods of items out there with + resist so im wondering if anyone has any tips or what other ppl use?

aswell as the above setup which is with usual amrour(mostly epic) i have the 94% arms from DF and malevonant gloves....im wondering if these r worth using? even tho lower qua?(basically how ppl have used em have found thye perform..)

K

katt!

you really should max body resist.. its very easy

O

old.FIN

u good in melee, but u suck on range attack, and u will get hit a lot until u get to melee, so get your HEAT, BODY, ENERGY, SPIRIT, COLD up, and u will c u have slash , crush, thrust up in same ...

And Matter is poison, ( cabby/sorc is using matter so ask them)

T

Tigerius

Body Energy, Heat seem to be the main ones needing improvements. Yes overall I'd take resists over spec bonuses, overcapping your slash won't do THAT much good and since you are lucky to have a Legion sword you can get a large part there. Shield points are still good to get but, each +Shield gives you (atleast in 1.53 patch) 0.5% chance to neutralize a melee attack/arrow, use that as a direct measurement compared to how many % of reduced damage you get from upping a few resists.

K

K0nah

Body, Energy, Heat & Cold are the important resists to an Alb. Get em as high as possible.

I

Insurrextion

chanters = heat, PBAE is energy
ments = mostly heat i think
elds = cold, PBAE is energy
rm = mostly cold i think
sm = DD are cold, PBAE is spirit

thane = energy
skald = body, snare is spirit
healer = body
shaman = should be matter not sure though

bard = body
druid = dunno, guess its matter/body
champion = debuffs all body i think

i would choose resists over +skills ... and u could probably use those gloves as gloves don't affect AF as much as your BP or leggings - you'd probably just see a 5 AF drop or so i think

F

Falcor

mmmm well thanks =) still loads of items to choose from, if i dump all my +slash and shield items i need newbracers rings and jewl , more diamond farming =(

does anyone know of good resist rings? i was looking in DF but there r not any good resist rings down there

F

Falcor

not all of us get 900 rps a kill aussie=) im lucky if i get maybe 5k for a full day of rvr, hence i dotn have that many rps

K

K0nah

I got AoM II last nite and its saved my life a couple times already. Most my resists were at cap anyway so the 6% on top is nice. The DF items are good u just need to use your head.

O

old.Xanthian

0% energy resist is bad..
come duel me plz :) i'll nuke you for 1033 :p

F

Falcor

If u didnt notice u dumb hibby tree hugger =)

those r my resists when wearing no jewls rings necks or bracers...os when i finally get those oens i want feel free to pop along and gimme 800 odd rps =)

O

old.BJ|Bored

falc

do the secret order quest from heater woman at swanton keep if you havent already

gets you a very nice resist bracer

D

Danya

Runies are energy for RC (bolts) and cold for darkness btw.
Hib stun is heat.
Almost all mez is body (except sorc/sm).
Assassin poisons aren't on a resist yet, possibly going to be body though.
K0nah got it right: heat, cold, body energy are what count.

B

belth

Don't forget Matter resist against caster DoTs... Anyone know some good items with Matter resists? Only one worth using I've stumbled upon is Bracer of Dauntless courage with measly 4%...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom