Needs some advice on rvr spec

Jeros

Part of the furniture
i am currantly

50 isnt, 30 slash, 30 stealth, 6 thrust (left over points)

i solo a lot as my pc lags a lot in grp fights and tbh i think that

50inst, 39 slash, 18 stealth would be better for me as stealthers can see me a mile off at 30 stelath anyway and i would retain my grp abiltys and have better mellee dmg.

thoughts?

:EDIT: im not buffed as i dont have a buffbot yet but i hopefully will soon

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
if your not buffed then your more than likely going to have a better chance duoing with some infil. Hummm cant be dropping stealth completely for that ;)

Not that i know a gr8 deal about mincer spec tbh, but a thought

ReaLX

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a noob with minstrel specs, but mine will be 50 instr, 31stealth, 29slash...

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Get a buffbot before u start soloing or try to duo with some1 who got one
Spec try to go 50/31/29

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
try 50 add and 50 /stick nearest infil and you should do fine j/k

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
You don't need a buffbot to solo as long as you avoid milegates and pick your targets well. Move beyond Emain, hijack soloers travelling through Briefine, XP'ers in Mount Collory, and anyone near DL. You won't get ubber fast RPs, but you can solo fine without a buffbot as long as you're careful and are prepared to die a fair bit. You'll also have A LOT of satisfaction when you kill someone and watch all their buffs fall away :)

As for spec, there's probably three effectively mincer specs. The first is the classic 50/30/30 or 50inst 29slash 31 stealth. This is a great all-round spec that makes you very effective in groups and decent soloing. Stealth is effective except when facing "real" stealthers - I've had full groups run straight through me when stealthed, although I don't recommend it!

The second is 50inst 43 slash 0 stealth. This is commonly thought of as a group minstrel spec, as the lack of stealth makes soloing more tricky. However, you *can* still solo effectively, just as a skald can - you use your speed to head deep into the frontiers and pick off soloers and XPers. The problem with this spec is that you're basically a weak skald, though - no parry and rogue hit points.

A third possible spec, and one that I've seen rave reviews for from some US mincers, is 44 inst 41 slash 25 stealth. This loses the highest DD shout (which is a big power drain anyway), highest ablative, and a bit of stealth for much higher weapon skill than the cookies cutter. 25 stealth gives you enough to climb walls (handy in keep takes) and avoid non-stealth groups. I haven't tried this spec, and if you're a group mincer I'd avoid it - most groups love that top ablative :)

Personally, I'm 50/30/30 because it gives you a lot of flexibility - you can solo, you can group, you have a role in both keep take and defence. Either way, you're the best scout in the game thanks to the combination of speed and stealth, and SoS makes you wanted in any group. And you'll have a lot of fun.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Gordonax said:
Personally, I'm 50/30/30 because it gives you a lot of flexibility

ya im thinking of keeping that spec now tbh, as i managed to stealth into sidi today to catch up with a raid i missed the start of
:clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom