Music Need suggestions..

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Getting bored of my mp3 folder. Last CD I bought was Anne Clark and that´s the only one in 2008.

So... any suggestions? I`m looking for something interesting... not bound to any genre or style, although I prefer slightly "unusual" sounds like Tool, but "simple" music such as Art Brut, Franz Ferdinand, RHCP and White Stripes are also ok.

Oh... and any good suggestion of dark/wave/goth music (Anne Clark, Depeche Mode, Elastica is welcome too!)

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
Big fan of 30 Seconds to Mars atm...

Shinedown as well, i think im going a bit dark and emoish with my music....

Even though irl I'm as far from an emo as you could find

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Thanks mate, I´ll give it a try!

30STM reminds me a bit of Placebo.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Unusual = Dillinger Escape Plan, or some earlier Biffy Clyro stuff like the Vertigo of Bliss album.
For some good solid hardcore/rock, check out The Bronx. All 3 albums are pretty good.
Fair To Midland are also pretty good, kinda proggy. (also, Coheed and Cambria if you don't have already)
Fall Of Troy always get my vote if you want very heavy and weird.

If you want something a bit more ambient, check out Explosions In The Sky, and another couple of great post-rock bands are Mahumodo and *Shels.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm shocked pikeh made a post without mentioning Genghis Tron tbh :p If you don't mind a bit screaming though, check out Genghis Tron or Rolo Tomassi. Idiot Pilot's a good choice aswell if you're after something different.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
I'm shocked pikeh made a post without mentioning Genghis Tron tbh :p If you don't mind a bit screaming though, check out Genghis Tron or Rolo Tomassi. Idiot Pilot's a good choice aswell if you're after something different.

I would but like you said, every post I make even if its not about music has fucking GT in it :D

/rolo tomassi as well, like Bill said :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
anyonelse getting a username/password confirmation for immune-systems.co.uk when they come to this page? heh.

As for recommendations, I'd always say 'tosca tango orchestra's waking life soundtrack if you want to try something a bit different. Other strange but underrated nice albums:

Amon Tobin - Foley Room (used on so many shows and adverts now it's getting silly....top gear, hands off! ;))

Beatles - Love album. I'm not a huge fan of the beatles at all but I do love (hohoho) this album, remixed by one of the members family members...don't know specifics, it's just a great album :) Suprising how few people know about this...

David Gilmour/Roger Waters solo stuff these days is really good. On an island by Gilmour, Roger Waters has too much random stuff to mention...

Down. If you like metal in the slightest, get some of their stuff; each album seems completely different. If you want a bit more blues, go for "A Bustle in your hedgerow". Others are heavier.

Bigger bands I'm sure you already know about so I wont go on about them.

I'll tell you what though, if you want to add me to MSN (kirennia@hotmail.com), I've got hours of links and individual songs I could send you. Doesn't matter what music you're into tbh, it's harsh having to trawl through hours of a particular artists material if they've only got a couple of gems

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
The Editors - An End has a Start

excellent album, cant stop listening to it atm

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I would check out International Noise Conspiracy's new album "The Cross of My Calling". Its supposed to be really good and have just came out.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Should be fixed now.. I accidentally hotlinked a smiley from that site :/

Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom