need something to read

S

Sharma

aint been reading for ages just wondering if theres any reccomendations?

i like fantasy or sci-fi novels, read the LoTR and that stuff, but i need something thats easy to follow

T

Trebz

Go for gemmell if you want easy to follow. Rigante series is pretty good.

L

leggy

I don't do fantasy but i started reading Gemmell - Legend the other day. You might want to try that. Pretty decent so far.

S

SilverHood

Legend is pretty good.

Another good Author is Janny Wurtz, if you can find any of her books on sale.

And Harry Turtledove, master of alternative history.... Guns of the South is brilliant ;)

T

Trebz

I thought wurtz's own books sucked. She excelled in the empire books she did with feist though.

S

SilverHood

hmm, I enjoyed the War of Light and Shadow... Master of Whitestorm and the other one was a bit sucky imho

and yes, the Empire series with Fiest is brilliant.... would help if you read Magician (maybe Silverthorn too) before reading them.

S

Scooba Da Bass

I've just started on Arnor2's sig. I've not got very far, but so far it's been a pretty boring read, no new ideas, and far too long.

Full review to come when I finish,

B

bodhi

It's clear the author is lacking in a social life. Slightly more worrying is the fact that he seems quite proud of it.

C

caLLous

I just finished The Genesis Code by John Case. Fucking good innit. And I learned stuff about DNA along the way. :>

P

Private Dancer

David Eddings (dont listen to what they were saying in the WOT thread!!!!! ;)) either pawn of prophecy (1si book in the belgariad series) or redemption of Althalus... which is a wkd book for a good story but not having to follow up with otherbooks in the series (coz its not in a series)

....... or the discworld series as Arnor2 said... u cant go wrong ..... if u like science read 'the science of discworld' its an amazing book..... :D

M

Maljonic

has anyone read 'The Black Company' books by Glen Cook, I seem to remember them being very good?

W

Wij

"Language, Truth and Logic" by A.J. Ayer.

Damn fine.

M

Maljonic

Also the 'Dragonlance' books are pretty easy going but enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread