Need some legal advice

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Right basically my wife has ordered a new graphics card and a new power supply from Overclockers.co.uk and it was shipped to us via DPD, it was meant to arrive today (31st) we've just checked the order tracking website and apparently its been delivered and signed for by someone called FOX (which is neither of us and no one in our street) now after digging around online I found tonnes upon tonnes of reviews of people claiming they've had parcels nicked by DPD (it also said they had been signed and delivered) and didnt get any refunds or anything.

Basically I want to know what legally I can do if it comes to that? I would get police involved as i'm sure it falls under theft/fraud but it seems awfully wasteful over £120 (£120 is still £120 like)

I suspect the driver that was meant to deliver it is a light fingered bastard thats trying to cover his tracks by claiming it was delivered.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Complain to OC.co.uk, it's up to them to dispute it with DPD, not you.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
yeah, as mentioned, OCers prob

also ive had a fair few dealings with them, notably when DPD dropped my PC, and never had a prob, they have very good phone people.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
cheers lads, i'll give OCuk a ring in the morning.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
normally they run so far behind schedule they pretend you have a leaflet through the door saying you were not in. But you can't call dpd as their system auto hangs up when you say you have no number from the card they never provided...even when you try and speak to someone it gives some crap and hangs up. Doubt much has changed since they fucked me about 6 months ago

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, tell Overclockers and they'll send a new one out in due course.

I haven't dealt with DPD much but when I did they left a card with no details other than the parcel number. No name, no flat number, nothing. When I contacted them to query this they claimed there was nothing on the package. It turned out that ALL my info was on the parcel, just on the other side to where they'd put their sticker. Days of queries made and they can't even turn a box round all sides to look for a name or address. :D

Still, they're better than Yodel.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Right basically my wife has ordered a new graphics card and a new power supply from Overclockers.co.uk

freaky, i ordered the exact same components yesterday :D

Probably not EXACT same components, but you know.

Mabs

normally they run so far behind schedule they pretend you have a leaflet through the door saying you were not in. But you can't call dpd as their system auto hangs up when you say you have no number from the card they never provided...even when you try and speak to someone it gives some crap and hangs up. Doubt much has changed since they fucked me about 6 months ago

when we missed a delivery from DPD, by about 15 mins, and it was friday, they only do mon-fri, rang up OC, they got hold of DPD, who got hold of the driver, who came back. they arent all bad

tbh its got shit all to do with the actual company, and more to do with who your local drivers are

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Phoned OCUK this morning, lad on the phone said they'd tell DPD to go and get the parcel back if it was delivered to the wrong house and failing that they'll replace the lost bits with new bits.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's good news.

Ebuyer used to use the dreadful Citylink and I actually considered stopping using them for that very reason. They use parcelforce now, so much more reliable. Saying that, I don't see as many Citylink vans about these days, I hope they are going bust!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I stopped using ebuyer as their prices arent really that amazing anymore :( they are cheaper for a few select things but the majority of their prices are higher than OCUK/Scan.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I got a delivery via DPD in december, I missed the delivery and I was able to log on and choose a very specific delivery time for the day after. I found it to be a very decent service.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
That's good news.

Ebuyer used to use the dreadful Citylink and I actually considered stopping using them for that very reason. They use parcelforce now, so much more reliable. Saying that, I don't see as many Citylink vans about these days, I hope they are going bust!

they were bought by rentokil recently and im not sure what has happened as a result.

- English -

Resident Freddy
I once RTD'd my old external hd back to Overclockers as it was broken within 1-2 weeks from taking it out of the box ( I barely used it tbh ), they shipped it back to my old address which I bought it from, even though I put a note in saying "don't reship to the address purchased from" etc and gave them the new address.

I complained, and about after 10-15 emails, 3 weeks of waiting , they eventually replied, and they shipped a new one out to me and refunded the money, since I said there was important data on the HD which is now lost, as someone had signed for it.

I don't know if there are further actions you can take if they lose your HD with important data on .. mine just had a few pirated movies and stuff so I didn't care.

Chilly

Balls of steel
There's a huge regional variance in the quality of drivers and courier staff I reckon. I've had pretty much no problems with DPD or Citylink over the ten years I've been ordering stuff off t'internet.

Amazon use citylink and they'd be insane to jeapordise that by fucking about.

Mabs

amazon took their parcels off the royal mail pre-xmas a year or 2 ago iirc ? due to them being fail

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
There's a huge regional variance in the quality of drivers and courier staff I reckon. I've had pretty much no problems with DPD or Citylink over the ten years I've been ordering stuff off t'internet.

Amazon use citylink and they'd be insane to jeapordise that by fucking about.

My best mate has worked for city link for 10 years, since we were at school. Apparently the drivers just used to nick stuff all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom