Need some info on BD

Macke

Fledgling Freddie
Going to level a bd to 50 and have some questions.

Best spec? (for solo run)

Important ras?

Important artifacts?

Anyone got a easy to get templete for bd?

Would be very gratefull for help :clap:

Himse

FH is my second home
Well best spec is Supression for the LT

Important RA's, hmmmmmmmmmmmm :D all u need is LT

Artis, same as any normal caster really. Tartaros, Nailahs or GOV, :)

hope it helps a bit even tho im useless

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Supp/dark spec can be nice to get more dmg from the dark base nukes, seen some bds go that spec. Think it was 38 dark, 38 supp.

Stinkie

Fledgling Freddie
the quickest way to lvl solo as a Bd is sup till 1st healer then split spec with BA. if you need a good lvling guide theres a nice one on www.drunkenfriar.com in the BD forum.

best spec for rvr imo is 47 sup rest dark. though some say a split sup/dark spec is better for power i dont have much of a power problem and tests have shown that because of the frontloading dmg of the sup spec it takes 5 nukes before the split spec catches up in dmg.

As for artifacts ofcourse make sure u can max ur dmg etc but also try and look to giving yourself a few ways to regain power as Bds do use more pwr than most casters. for power I use tartaors gift, jacina's sash and croc ring. croc ring is a great litle arti Im really surprised more people dont use it, it has a great util and a passive 5% resist to all dmg that gives u pwr and end when u get hit, which as u can imagine is perfect for a BD.

Hope this helps,

Tickle

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
I was 38/38 s/d until nf when i changed back to 48/24/6 the only reason i respecced was that healer pets died way too easy in nf on gorre with all aoe based ra's or treb/pallitone damage about u all the time.I liked that spec too a lot.

Since respeccing back to 48/24/6 i find myself going so oop so quickly its crazy,i'd forgotten how much a pow hog that damn spell combined with debuff root dd is so make sure u got a decent supply of pots/regens pom etc.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Bd without thornweed field is like....thane without stormcalling!
Anyways, TWF should be a prioirity as it's great vs large numbers of enemies (albs).

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Bd without thornweed field is like....thane without stormcalling!
Anyways, TWF should be a prioirity as it's great vs large numbers of enemies (albs).

Thane without Static Tempest you mean, as twf is a ra, stormcalling is a specline :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
No, I meant stormcalling, but the same applies to thane, a thane MUST have ST. Overpowered ability is what it is.

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
So, as you can see - If you want muppets like Yadeniel to come cry on the forums, you know what to spec and what RAs to get :D

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
some more BD stuff tacked on the end ;)

Anyone tried a dark bd recently? (at high level, not at 20)
eg 50 dark, 18supp, 9BA - top spec snare nuke, top skelly mage, a spod healer and the third dex/qui buff from BA for the mages?

Or as someone said the healers died really quick, perhaps:
45 Dark, 24 Supp, 17 BA - better healer, but still lower than the one that someone said died quick.

I've messed around with a level 20 dark bd and they are fun..but not as good as supp bd's, because of the healing thing, you have to play them like a runemaster, only one with skeleton stalkers. Damage wise the skelly mages do good daamge and cast fast (seemed to do about half the damage I nuked for, but the chain cast and don't go oop) and even better when dex dex/qui and acuity buffed. Have an annoying habit of sometimes going "feckit!" and running in to staff the mob tho.

But how are they at 50? Has anyone here tried?
Cos at 50 you can have mages and healers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom