Need some help :(

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi guys, not posted here in a while having given up mmorpging etc however, in my time of absolute crisis i couldnt find any info on the web! Basically, my friend has lent me his 04 reg Ford Focus Edge 16v jobby, ive insured myself on it for 640 quid and been driving it just fine, however i was Lanning at the weeked in Luton and have spilt a bottle of vodka on my back seat carpet (3litre bottle with big shot cap thing) anyhow, just this evening on my way back from food (starving) doign roughly 35 miles an hour ive managed to hit a curb and wreck the front wheel, popped the back wheel AND cause the airbag in the passenger seat to fly out which in turns almost deafens me. This being a problem on its own, now i have 2 tasks a) the vodka in the back seat could lead the insurers to beleive i was drink driving although im quite claerly not also its highly flammable stuff and ive noway of cleaning the carpet cheap if not freely either way i need to clean up the vodka spillage, b) if i have fucked the suspension its gona cause my insurance to rocket. what should i do? tell the insurers let them know, or take it to a good friend mechanic who can fix it on the cheapi just gota pay for parts (2 wheels/tires new Seat incl. Airbag) obviously im slightly shaken right now hence the dodgy spelling :(

all suggestions would be delightfully acknowledged as i really am in a fix right now, my dad is tellign me hell pay for it but im in enough debt to last me a lifetime, i dont need a family one on top of the others :(:(

cheers

rob

p.s ignore the name *crash* no pun is intended :< (please keep negatives to a minimum as im really not in the mood ://)

RandomBastard

Can't get enough of FH
insurers wont neccesairly send out anyone to inspect it if you contact them and take it to one of there approved garages.

If you fail to notify your insurers and they find out about it.... could mean trouble for your premium anyway....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When you say 'wreck the front wheel', exactly what visible damage are we talking about?

I can tell you know, with the airbag exploding, and the rear tyre needing replacement, you'd better claim it through the insurance because airbags are bloody expensive. You've also got wheel bearings, shock absorbers, wishbones - all these things to consider if any of them are damaged.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You should pay for it yourself. Your mate had the decency to lend you a car and you've fucked it up. The least you can do is take it on the chin and not whine about it.
If you hadnt done it you wouldnt have to pay would you.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
ive no qualms paying for it at all, as you say he has lent it me and ill pay for it if it comes to it, i think the back tyre has just burst but the front wheel is definately bent and the seat has exploded obviously with the airbag :// it was a complete accident so i think i best phone the insurers :S:S

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
nar cars worth well over 4K so fully comp

Trebz

One of Freddy's beloved
I claimed on the insurance once, had my alloys nicked, claim total about 1500 with damage to car fixed. Wish i'd paid it then cos I've paid through the teeth in premiums since. The only reason for insurance is if your car is nicked or to cover 3rd party, if you claim anything more major than a broken windscreen then it screws you over.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Crash said:
doign roughly 35 miles an hour ive managed to hit a curb and wreck the front wheel, popped the back wheel AND cause the airbag in the passenger seat to fly out which in turns almost deafens me.

That's some "curb" ? I'll never complain about scraping my alloys again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Trebz said:
I claimed on the insurance once, had my alloys nicked, claim total about 1500 with damage to car fixed. Wish i'd paid it then cos I've paid through the teeth in premiums since. The only reason for insurance is if your car is nicked or to cover 3rd party, if you claim anything more major than a broken windscreen then it screws you over.

That was the same year you ticked the dogging box on the form next to commuting and business usage right ?

:)

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
xane said:
That's some "curb" ? I'll never complain about scraping my alloys again.

was kinda at a 45 degree angle so the impact was quite hard, hard enough to blow me fookin seat up :s:s

update: currently at 1000 so far including a new alloy, 2 new wheels, new airbag, resetting airbag thingy m - jig and new seat covers etc :< paid for kindly by my dad but im gona pay for the rest of my fookin life!!! :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
So basically you were driving in a rather spirited fashion, and either understeered into the kerb, or messed up your gearchange and headed straight for the pavement.

Which likely means a new wheel bearing. Consider yourself £100 worse off for starters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom