Need Some Help !

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Well i know its kinda off topic but here goes :D

I started playing Avalon last nite and i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to change the HuD+Npc names to English from German ... tnx in advance ;)

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Well copy and pasted this off goa (i think) ages ago but here it is. . .

Change the language of the game
This tip is mainly meant for the French, Italian or Spanish players who play on a "classic" server but also for the German players who play on Camlann and why not for English speaking players who would like to try other servers.
While you are asked to use the default language of the server, the best thing is to have a game interface in the same language too. If it's only a one-time trial, you can log on with a client in your home language but if you plan to play regularly we strongly advise you to change your client language to match the server language in order to avoid some known bugs - for instance, it becomes impossible to use the 'r' key to answer a private message, to pay rent, to climb walls when you're stealthed etc).

Here is the process to follow to perform this change :
In your game folder - Dark Age of Camelot : Catacombs, ToA, New Isles or Shrouded Isles - delete the 'language' folder and then open the update.dat file with a text editor (textpad or just notepad for example).
You will find there the following 3 lines :
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/catacombs/mpatch.dat

If you play with the Trials of Atlantis version :
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat

If you play the New Shrouded Isles version (DAoC + Shrouded Isles - Catacombs graphics engine) :
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/newisles/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/ english/newisles/mpatch.dat
If you play a basic version (DAoC + Shrouded Isles) :
Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com :1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

You just have to replace the current language with the one you wish (french/english/german/italian/spanish). Make sure there's no space in the lines. Save the changes then launch the game. A message will ask you to relaunch the patcher which will then update the language files (a several MB download each time).
We also advise you to keep an install in your original if you want to also play on your former servers. This will avoid you to have to run this process several times. Copy your entire Catacombs, Trials of Atlantis, New Isles or Shrouded Isles folder first and then change the copy as above thus leaving your original install intact. You will however need to make a new shortcut for each copy to quickly launch the game (right click on 'camelot.exe' and choose 'send to' then 'desktop (create shortcut)'). Then modify its name in order to easily see which version of the game this shortcut will launch.

Haven't ever actually tried it though just kept as it seemed like useful info :m00:

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
this does only changed the language on the client if im right, language of server is server-baised.. ie npc's/item's will still be in german etc

but worth a try if it works :]

sedde

Can't get enough of FH
actually this wont work, because the client is english (mine at least) and i am just connecting to a german server. it doesnt download anything new, it just connects. Like valg said , language is server wise and you cant make it display as english unless there is a third-party program. I am pretty sure of that.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Ok ... tnx for trying doods :(

Have a rep for your trouble Mufasa ;)

NavaloreShadowvar

Loyal Freddie
Actually it does work. I messaged GOA yesterday through rightnow and got this response.

I sent.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hi i was wondering if u could explain to me how to change the language from German to English for example id like to play on the Avalon server. i did check the update.dat file but there is only 3 lines:-

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

what am i suppose to change to make this work.

thanking you in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------

GOA Replied saying:-

Hi There
You would just need to change the /english/ to /german/ however please note that doing so just makes changes to the client, the server itself (NPC's etc) are all in German.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Hope this helps.

Brekahn

Fledgling Freddie
dont you have a german friend irl ! ?!??!?!?!?

Oh w8 lolz

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
changing the /english to /german or the regional language of the server in any case, just makes the client to work right for the specific german, i.e. the reply button to work and the /who command to work with the same way as /loc command

so now, if you patch german to your english client, you DL a 6~mb patch, you get a reply button (/yay), and not having to type /t randommfker all the time, also you get english client automated msgs in german, like stick face out etc etc etc, and most important you get the zone area names right
-for example if you /loc at CF in hib, you get blabla the lvl12 in cursed forest
but if you do /who cursed forest, you get no matches, bcos there is no cursed forest in german server, but only verfluchtet wald, which is the name for cursed forest in german.

to tell you the truth, tis too much hassle to patch to german client whenever you wanna play avalon or non-english server, i mean you can do most stuff with the english client anyway, and i certainly cba to d/l 6mb for a reply button ^^ :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom