need some help with fraps :)

VampiiricMist

Fledgling Freddie
ive heard ppl run fraps on a second computer to film whats going on in daoc.. can someone please gimme a quick info on how this works? ;)

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
What you've heard is that people record using a 2nd system

Not using fraps, if you have a tv out on your graphics card and tv in (i.e a tv card or radeon ViVo card etc.) on your 2nd pc, you can output the signal so it goes to pc2 and you can record it using the tv card software.

This way the load gets taken off pc1 for handling the recording and gets placed on pc2, resulting in better performance.

Does that make sense? :)

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
mhmmmm have to think about that...

full cata gfx and 1280 rezo doesnt like fraps on the same comp. well my pc isn that powerfuul too... :/

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Kaun_IA said:
mhmmmm have to think about that...

full cata gfx and 1280 rezo doesnt like fraps on the same comp. well my pc isn that powerfuul too... :/

Run 1024 x 768 and record full size to a different hdd and it'll record fine.

I record using a 9800 pro so it doesn't need to be a really powerful card, mind you, i have a raid 0 with two 300gb drives on and 32mb cache total :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
well i have 7200 rpm HHDs so they dont like recording much...havent checked fraps lately. and i know my GFX will not be a problem...

i have a ati x800 PRO....a beast.

tho only 768 ddr and 2,4p4 cpu.

MUST UPGRADE..donate ppl

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Well, a few things as reminder:

Fraps:
-can only record up to 1152*864 resolution, even with the bought version
-will produce very good quality when recording full screen
-everything above the max resolution will get blurry due to halving resolution, 1280*1024 halved still looks ok'ish though

TV-in:
-will produce inferior quality
-less impact on your system performance while playing
-you need a 2nd PC which can either handle the amount of data or has hardware mpged encoding ( which will still lessen the quality again, as oppsoed to non-encoded recording )

I used to try and run Fraps on a 1.9Ghz AMD Athlon with a 9500Pro Radon and 1Gig RAM on an IDE-RAID0with 1024*768 @ 25fps and it wasn't good at all, especially when huge amounts of people were on the screen. I recorded some ok'ish fg fights, but none of them are very long.

Now I know a friend of mine records on a non-RAID system with S-ATA and it works very well. He got a 3.5Ghz CPU or so and plays in 1280*1024, so that is plenty enough already =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom