Need some help *Going to play this realm :o*

od_immortalis

Fledgling Freddie
me and a friend are going to play alb/excal and we want to know a good duo - any ideas?

NECRO = Out of the question
STEALTHERS = Out of the question.

Would like it to be a really good PvE duo and a really good [or some what decent] RvR duo :D

Give replys asap please :) Love you all xx

bahamot

Fledgling Freddie
paladin, merc.
paladin, insert any caster with good dmg.

gah nm, anything works :p

Dukat

Resident Freddy
paladin + mincer?

friar + mincer?

paladin + friar?

hmm...

sorc + wizard?

this last ones not so gr8 at pve maybe...

guess its all down to your play styles and how well you can use ur chars together.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
If your wanting to level fast then you need a combination that will give one damage type class + regen of that damage classes main ability.

For example a paladin for end chant + damage tank or a caster with a power regen class (e.g wizard + minstrel, sorc or cleric with font of power).

For ned use as RvR this wont necessarily be an ideal set up, classes that are good pve'ers are not often good for rvr (like the necro for example or paladins who essentially become bodyguard bots in rvr).

For rvr 1 speed type class helps alot which means one class needs to be sorc, theurgist or minstrel, and good pve classes are necros, paladins and reavers, so work out yourself from that what is good, remember if you havent a buff bot, a cleric is also good to consider.

and if this makes no sense, its cause im drunk at the monent,i'll fix it in the morning.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Kagato said:
If your wanting to level fast then you need a combination that will give one damage type class + regen of that damage classes main ability.

For example a paladin for end chant + damage tank or a caster with a power regen class (e.g wizard + minstrel, sorc or cleric with font of power).

For ned use as RvR this wont necessarily be an ideal set up, classes that are good pve'ers are not often good for rvr (like the necro for example or paladins who essentially become bodyguard bots in rvr).

For rvr 1 speed type class helps alot which means one class needs to be sorc, theurgist or minstrel, and good pve classes are necros, paladins and reavers, so work out yourself from that what is good, remember if you havent a buff bot, a cleric is also good to consider.

and if this makes no sense, its cause im drunk at the monent,i'll fix it in the morning.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nice1, you should write a guide or somthing

really agree 100% with that :D

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
pally + thurg, have lvled my pally and inserted a thurg as pbt bot, works realy great, now my pally can actualy do dmg and cant realy be hit...
but think pally + sorc would be best bet if u are 2 and not just 1 with a bot :m00:

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
Night said:
Spirit cabalist and a Sorc :)

good 1!!! any u can use them in RvR after the lvl'ing... counts for alot...
and the PvE should be ok... with sorc haveing a pet and crack.. and both of them haveing nice nukes and debuffs, shouldent take too long to lvl up... and if u get borred of the chars u can always respec the cabby to a PL machine... but don't think u will need it... :wub:

atm armsmen/friars/reavers/pallys ain't that wanted in RvR... but cabby/sorc grps is the hit :clap:

not considering RvR, i think friar/pally could be fun, and when u get to 50 there won't be much left in Df after u have been there :worthy: uber soloers both of them, pally haveing chants, and friar haveing buffs and heals. should be real fast to lvl

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
:)

i start farming gold tomorrow... gonna craft u a big gold medal :wub:

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
You might not like the idea of a necromancer, but it is the fastest way to get to 50 in Albion, aka. Hardmode. Leveling a necro to 50 from lvl 1 would take around 4-5 days play time. Pling with a necro will take around 3-4 days.

In Hibernia of course this is only 1 day, but Mythic hates Albion.

But a spirit cabby with sorc combo is very nice indeed. The 2 pets can kick major ass (even more when buffed). In pve and also in rvr these character are fine.
Regards, Glottis

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
lvl50 wizard /played 1d 17hrs
lvl50 reaver /played 1d 14hrs

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Kurik said:

Jesus... how? Assuming you're not powerlevelled (which doesn't count!) :)

Silmarwen

Fledgling Freddie
Pala and reaver's fun but caba and sorc will be alot better for nf afaik, i mean paladins are so fun on keep takes, and reavers pbaoe wont go thru doors anymore... =|

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Of cause we will have NF sometime, it may be worth taking that into considertion as by the time your 50 it may be close and the non det classes become decent again so friars and reavers may be worth while. If you use a friar as one class you have base buffs and self end regen so your second class can be anything, probably a minstrel so you have power song (and therefore perminent endurance for friar), pets, ablative and speed 5 for RvR when ready.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Kurik said:

I'm very jealous, only just got my cabalist up to 43 in 2 days play time :(
Combined with an enhance cleric who is at 39 though, but still. The pain is only starting, will take atleast another 1.5 days play time to get it to 50.
Regards, Glottis

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
I'm very jealous, only just got my cabalist up to 43 in 2 days play time :(
Combined with an enhance cleric who is at 39 though, but still. The pain is only starting, will take atleast another 1.5 days play time to get it to 50.
Regards, Glottis

50lvl ice wiz & leech in a good AC group.

Much better than necro as either way leech is getting capped xp and in group more mobs are killed :D

acei

Fledgling Freddie
paladin+reaver is by far the best duo, the reaver provides the high damage and guard while the paladin provides the endurance, maintain's the agro and guards the reaver.

Good caster duo is spirit cabby+body sorc :), but there will be downtime for power whereas with paladin+reaver downtime would be minimal.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
pally + cabby mebee, cabby can actually heal if the shit hits the fan and its another aggro pet + good dmg, and pally can rez + beable to escape the situation w/ engage + twisting + sprinting away then go back and rez the cabby :)

SirDystic

Fledgling Freddie
I did a lot of levelling with a Pally and it works very well. Both have guard and protect and both deal damage. :cheers:

Still now spend a lot of time duo'ing with same Pally. Pally provides end chant, initially takes and tries to hold aggro while Reaver deals damage. This actually gets better after 50 though with Leviathan.

faldarric

Fledgling Freddie
I have found pally and friar. i keep aggro we both hit mob. if it gets hairy friar can back off and heal. if either of u die the other can res.
but ultimately its up to you :):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom