Need som advice

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm planning to start holding ml raids. but as new i am to it i will need some advice.

so here goes.

1. what times are they good to hold?

2. What should i think of on my raids?

3. what are the best rules for an ml raid to have?

4. Wich ml's are needed the most

5. are some classes more important on certain raids?

6. Wich ml raid are the easiest to begin with.
hope i will get much feedback on this :). will be hard to get as good as shanessa and the other experienced raid leaders tho :)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Demon2k3 said:
I'm planning to start holding ml raids. but as new i am to it i will need some advice.

so here goes.

Evening times. As for days, there are typically two kinds of people, weekend people and week people. Pick your choice, most people however are weekend people, so the weekend often gets priority.

Demon2k3 said:
Be prepared, read the steps, plan the route in advance. If you need to gather items for the raid (rubies for ML1.10, etc) gather them well before the raid starts. Not 2 hours, but 2 days. If something goes wrong during the 2 hours before the raid you have your items sorted.

Demon2k3 said:
What do you mean? Lotto rules? Chat rules? I find this is up to the raid leader. I like to leave /bg open for random chat and I put it on listen only if I need to tell something very important but people are typing too much. As for lotto I prefer one big /random 1000, highest goes first rule. This allows people with sucky rolls to go off immediatly instead of waiting all evening long.

Demon2k3 said:
All are really. Some MLs are done faster than others, ML1 and ML5 can be led in an hour, while ML3 takes a whole evening.

Demon2k3 said:
Well, just get atleast one decent tank group and you should be fine. Try and bring atleast 2 theurgists as pets will drastically improve the time it takes to kill a boss mob.

Demon2k3 said:
ML1 is definitely a good starter, as well as ML2. ML5 is easy as well. I would advise to not begin with a ML3 as ML3 will definitely break your brain if you're not up to the task of leading a zerg of grumpy, LDing people for 3, 4 hours. :)

Demon2k3 said:
hope i will get much feedback on this :). will be hard to get as good as shanessa and the other experienced raid leaders tho :)
And now for some random tips:
Try and speak in clear English, and be sure to tell people what is going to happen before it happens. Nothing is as annoying as suddenly having to fight lots of mobs without knowing what to do.

Keep people away from NPCs that you have to talk to. People have this tendency to click on everything that moves. Even if it doesn't move.

Don't get down if it goes awry, be sure to take command and stick to a decision once you make it. Don't run down a hallway full of mobs, then turn back mid-way just because someone says he knows an easier route. You'll cause confusion and the zerg will run through the hallway anyway.

People come up with a lot of advise during the raid, listen to them. You don't have to do what they say, but atleast consider it and compare it to your plan and what you already know.

Players that whine can get under your skin, just ignore them and move on. Don't react to their baiting in public. Send them a /tell asking em what's up.

Practice makes perfect, so keep trying! Sometimes it's a good idea to start small and lead groupstep raids first. Though, with random people, not people you know. You need to get a feeling how to lead randoms.

But all in all, have fun. It's a rewarding feeling having lead a good, fast raid. :)

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie

if weekday around 19:00 gmt this should give everyone planty of time to get home from work any earlier and you run the risk of folks not being able to make it any late and you run the risk of peeps have to log as its gettting to late

alway alway remember you dont pay there account! try to just relax. get hold on a copy of and ml guild (ones i redid for pinkey and othes here)
find a person or few peeps to help with your 1st raids in the back ground ie stick them in your grp and they can nudge you if your going the wrong way or something get any itedm you need before the raid

make a CG for peeps to spam ect and tell them to keep the BG for LD inc ect
FFA lotto everything 99% + keys and remians in seperate lotto to other drops (thats the one i use so best to think ofyour own m8)

mmmm not sure would guess 4 at mo as there seems to have been a few ml1 2 and 3s

yes read a guide as this tell you whats class you need (or is idlea) for instance 1 teurgest can in some case be like 30 or 40 tanks

ml1 very easy should take a 1st time 30 to 50 min
ml5 is easy due to the number of things you have to get the bg to do

any way m8 good to see another ml leader coming up
i really should run some more instead of help pink run hers lol

tip ask a well know raid lead if you can do a ride along on one of there raids plus waht Deepflame siad

edit doh too l;ate dam my slow typing skills

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
thank you alot for the feedback, it will help alot. i will start soft with group raids then. and then advance slowly towards bg raids.

will maybe hold my first grp raid this weekend if it isn't too crammed.

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Glad to see that another person is leading ML runs. I have a huge amount of respect for players that lead these, as not only do they sacrifice their time to aid other players but they have to do a serious amount of work before hand and on the raid.

People above have posted some brilliant ideas - so follow those.

The only suggestions I'd make is : -

1. Don't be scared to appoint 'deputies' who know how the raid goes. There voices of wisdom will help and always back up any decisions you have made; especially if rogue players begin to dispute it in /bg.

2. Imo don't tolerate players who aren't being constructive. If they don't know how to express themselves and ask politely or - give advice in a constructive way, then boot em :twak:. Last thing you need is a headache player after all you're running the ML and have given up your time to do it :cheers:

I wish you much success. :fluffle:

/bow

Shannesa

Can't get enough of FH
you are free to ask me at any time advice as well i have lead some Mls fore albs now and i be more then happy help you with learnig you what i know

Dont be scare about lead mls they do take some time but sometimes theya re fun leading .

you can reach me in game on Shanessa or trow any of the guild i belong can appoint you to hwat char i am at time if i am online gaming .

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
i would have typed a nice advice guide, but i've been beaten to it!

just make sure you know whats going to happen during each step and that you're prepaired... if people start misbehaving then warn them that they won't get any loto rights and they normally soon start behaving again :)

if you need any help mate, feel free to drop me a pm (ingame or via FH) with any questions you have... i'm always happy to help people who are happy to help :)

Jarahl

Can't get enough of FH
One thing to add, GO for it! I've lead some ML raids in the past, and all of the above tips are good.

Cant stress enough how importent CLEAR and EASY UNDERSTANDABLE orders are. Tell people what to do so they understand it, and issue the order.

Other than that, read the above and you be good.

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
forgot to add about making macros for some riads these will help if some of the instruction are long ml5 being a good example
/macro useitem /bc Talk to the npc here then move to the side and use one of the items of the ways then when you are a mummy meet in doorway

/macro ill /bc THIS IN BG ONLY SPEAK TO MAHAF DON'T NOT SPEAK TO THE OTHER MOB

/macro nocure /bc dont cure diesiese you need to be diesiesed

well you get the idea

this help lots if you have a big bg and your in the think of it you can press one button you made before the raid other good macros

/macro stixup /bc please stick to your grp leader and grp leaders stick me
/macro unstix /bc please unstick and wait here
/macro notalk /bc please dont not talk to the npc here
and ofc
/macro kill /bc all assist and kill %t

Demon2k3

One of Freddy's beloved
that should sum it up, i got one last question tho. how should i make my posts that i'll be holding an ml raid so it's simple to know what's it about.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Time in GMT, date, location where it starts, rules you have, which steps you will be doing, which pre-reqs there are if any. (ML5 requires you to do the pre-reqs or there will be trouble (Insert robocop voice))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom