need recruiting in KOTRT

jamie

Fledgling Freddie
ok if yu are looking for a really good guild Knights Of The Round table are recruiting more peeps into guild if you want to join look on are Web site and look on rules which are in guild forum.
Pls
don't try and register in guild forum as you are not one of are guildys yet

To get an invite to guild yu got to PM Solic Archers in game as hes the person
who is recuiting peep into KOTRT and I invite yu to guild but yu got to look at guild Web site before being invited and also the names down the bottom of the page yu can also PM to as they are officers of the guild

KOTRT GUILD WEB . .~ Knight's of the Round Table ~. .

When yu have been invited to guild we expect yu to follow the rules which are on guild web if not there might be a small chance of getting into guild

Thx from Kotrt
GM- Arthur PenDragon, Rocanna
Co-GM- Solic Archers, Alacor and Grandvenom
GHC- bryano, yidpop and logio
Guild Mentor- tendali, Amileigh, and ohiiss

And thx for reading :)
(prydwen and Excl server)

jamie

Fledgling Freddie
ok if yu are looking for a really good guild Knights Of The Round table are recruiting more peeps into guild if you want to join look on are Web site and look on rules which are in guild forum.
Pls
don't try and register in guild forum as you are not one of are guildys yet

To get an invite to guild yu got to PM Solic Archers in game as hes the person
who is recuiting peep into KOTRT and I invite yu to guild but yu got to look at guild Web site before being invited and also the names down the bottom of the page yu can also PM to as they are officers of the guild

KOTRT GUILD WEB . .~ Knight's of the Round Table ~. .

When yu have been invited to guild we expect yu to follow the rules which are on guild web if not there might be a small chance of getting into guild

Thx from Kotrt
GM- Arthur PenDragon, Rocanna
Co-GM- Solic Archers, Alacor and Grandvenom
GHC- bryano, yidpop and logio
Guild Mentor- tendali, Amileigh, and ohiiss

And thx for reading :)
(prydwen and Excl server)

ok if yu want to join KOTRT put a massage that yu want to join
and put all your chars who need inviteing and i get back to yu on game.

thx solic archers

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Normally i would never criticise someone in their use of the english language, but when you're doing a recruitment posting for your guild you want to be taken seriously. If you're not fluent in written english ask one of your guildmembers to correct your spelling and grammar.

People will not take your recruitment post serious if it's full of errors.

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
Normally i would never criticise someone in their use of the english language, but when you're doing a recruitment posting for your guild you want to be taken seriously. If you're not fluent in written english ask one of your guildmembers to correct your spelling and grammar.

People will not take your recruitment post serious if it's full of errors.

I do agree to be honest and it's not to be nasty. I understand that some people can not write english correctly, whether it is through it not being their native language or the simple bad education, or any other reason and i sympathise with that.

But, when someone is recruiting for a guild, expecially one that has the status of KotRT then due care and attention to not only the content, but the spelling and gramma is needed.

Using 'internet speak' phrases like 'yu' , 'peeps', 'thx' and 'pls' should be avoided at all cost, they promote the idea that you are not a serious guild, but are a bunch of 'leet speakers' and it gives the wrong impression.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Whats english got to do with a good guild? Get a clue tbh, even if it has some mistakes if your not smart enough to read between the errors i got a game for you.....TETRIS

Oh no lets not buy that nice car with a nice price.... the vendor smells funny

jamie

Fledgling Freddie
thx kinetix

It seems when I put a massage up someone allways got to say bad things about massage I put it up on FH so we could get more people in guild not people saying about my spelling maybe my spelling is crap thats becuase I have dislexic what ever its called but I think some people in FH are so rude
I had a look in other massage who needed help with MLs and they had rude comments. so if yu pls next time not take the piss out of someone spelling or
the way its layed out. This is why we are looseing people in DAoC and not getting many people putting up much massages on FH becuase there scared they might be taken the piss out of so pls next time don't be so smart and say hey your spelling needs to be more cerrect

and thx again kinetix for sticking up for me :)
:england:

zorbas

One of Freddy's beloved
Using 'internet speak' phrases like 'yu' , 'peeps', 'thx' and 'pls' should be avoided at all cost, they promote the idea that you are not a serious guild, but are a bunch of 'leet speakers' and it gives the wrong impression.

Sorry m8 but i am not agree with you cause the ppl that com in fh they can com and they have right to com as they com in game.The serious guild you dont get it from this kind of experesion but from the actions in the game and from the Internet site of the guild.

ty

George

Kaomond

Fledgling Freddie
thx kinetix

It seems when I put a massage up someone allways got to say bad things about massage I put it up on FH so we could get more people in guild not people saying about my spelling maybe my spelling is crap thats becuase I have dislexic what ever its called but I think some people in FH are so rude
I had a look in other massage who needed help with MLs and they had rude comments. so if yu pls next time not take the piss out of someone spelling or
the way its layed out. This is why we are looseing people in DAoC and not getting many people putting up much massages on FH becuase there scared they might be taken the piss out of so pls next time don't be so smart and say hey your spelling needs to be more cerrect

and thx again kinetix for sticking up for me :)
:england:

Sorry if my reply upset you, it was not meant to upset, but to give some advice.

I was not commenting on your spelling, my spelling can be aweful at times too, i was commenting on the useage of what people call 'leet speak' or 'internet speak' i just find that i cannot take a post containing this type of writing seriously. These words were invented to be used on the fly when you don't have a lot of time to type, for example during RvR, and i just cannot understand why people would use them posting on a forum when you have all the time in the world to post.

Again, apologies if i offended, that was not my intention, i only wished KotRT to be seen as the great guild it is and not some leetish group, and tried to advise.

jamie

Fledgling Freddie
well anyway I want this post to be taken out as its crap as yu got to apply on the the kotrt web site so if any admins see this please take it out and I do a new post on it

thx Solic Archers Co-GM from kotrt

Thadius

Part of the furniture
I do agree to be honest and it's not to be nasty. I understand that some people can not write english correctly, whether it is through it not being their native language or the simple bad education, or any other reason and i sympathise with that.

But, when someone is recruiting for a guild, expecially one that has the status of KotRT then due care and attention to not only the content, but the spelling and gramma is needed.

Agreed, I find people who dont use correct English in regards to officalesque(such as raids or recruitmens) lazy.

Its not hard to get someone to double check it for grammer and such, put it into word if need be and spellcheck it.

There is only so many times a person sees the "word" u before going insane!

For example, one of my friends is learning to be a teacher, yet insists on writing things like "thx" and "u" . Call me a grammer nazi if need be, but a teacher should know better!

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Spelling doesn't matter normally when making your average post.
Being able to speak good english doesn't state how good your guild is.

Showing that you've taken more than 40 seconds to think about your recruitment post and that you are taking trying to find new people seriously is very important. If you actually want people to take the time to read it and follow up on it, take the time to write it properly.

No-one would care if an email you sent at work had a few spelling mistakes in it, or bad english if you suffered from dyslexia.
No-one would bother asking you for an interview if you handed then a CV full of spelling mistakes and gramatical errors.

Same applies here.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Spelling doesn't matter normally when making your average post.
Being able to speak good english doesn't state how good your guild is.

Showing that you've taken more than 40 seconds to think about your recruitment post and that you are taking trying to find new people seriously is very important. If you actually want people to take the time to read it and follow up on it, take the time to write it properly.

No-one would care if an email you sent at work had a few spelling mistakes in it, or bad english if you suffered from dyslexia.
No-one would bother asking you for an interview if you handed then a CV full of spelling mistakes and gramatical errors.

Same applies here.

Im glad we agree on something at least :D

Cereesha

Fledgling Freddie
Actually I just joined them, and they are a good bunch of people. I do agree however the initial post could have been slightly better ;)

Methos

Loyal Freddie
Whats english got to do with a good guild? Get a clue tbh, even if it has some mistakes if your not smart enough to read between the errors i got a game for you.....TETRIS

Oh no lets not buy that nice car with a nice price.... the vendor smells funny

I didn't mean to start a discussion, was done with the best of intentions, but a reply like yours always deserves a retort.

The threadstarter is the 'posterboy' for his guild on FH when he makes a recruitment post. That post is the first thing people see, and they base their first impressions of the guild on that posting. If you fail to have a decent posting you run the risk of getting negative first impressions.

Now here's the catch-22: How can you make up for a bad first impression? By showing them otherwise inside your guild. But how can you do that if they choose not to join the guild based on that negative first impression?

jamie

Fledgling Freddie
ok pls do not put anymore comments on this post I know it crap so leave it and go to the other Knights Of the Round table Post and have a look on there pls thats better then my one

thx SA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom