Need help with tactics for Eriny's encounter

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
I've posted before, but i still havent gotten around getting the right mix of people from my guild to get this artifact encounter completed successfully..

What i've been told:

- have a gt-aoe puller
- have a few theurg's with pets
- 1 fg + a few adds who need credit/artie

But i've only ever failed on this one a few times. So i'm wanting to hear if anyone can confirm:

- Do you aquire the gt-aoe targets in advance of the raid, ie before you pull and before you set up a camp?

- Where would you set up a camp, with fops and healing fonts, in the middle ie close to the 3 first tents, coming from the bridge?

- How many boss's do you pull pr. pull? Only one, then kill or do you engage that mob until you got a few engaged?

- What spell's are most effective against the 6 camp boss's?

- Whats the best grp composition for killing Samut once you've got him ported over to the "main" island?

Actually, i full rundown of how people have done it successfully would be of most use to me. Hoping for some good feedback, as i still somehow hope to get this artifact to complete my sc-template, heh..

-----
Avowed

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
the way we did it was set up camp in middle of all the camps, pull each mob and engage the guy u kill, kill the adds, then pull all the other named guys and when u got them all kill them then kill the guy who drops the charm... get about 3-4 thurgsm rest tanks/clerics and some casters :)

Crimson LoneWolf

Fledgling Freddie
But how did you manage to pull the named ones without having to walk through tons of aggro? The way i see it, we never could pull the named ones without having to clear the camps of the purple mobs, which took too long, ie no way near being able to finish in 15 minutes..

Storankan

Fledgling Freddie
The timer doesn't start until you kill the first named. So you pull a named and hold him, kill the adds and pull another one.

Trigs

Fledgling Freddie
You need to kill all the surrounding aggro before you pull the Named mobs.

Once youve pulled the 1st named mob have a Shield tank engage that mob.. i.e. dont kill it and then pull the next named.

Depending on the set up of your group you could either kill this one.. Or to give you even more time have another tank engage this one.

Then on the third named kill that asap then the rest in turn asap.

Make sure you have cleared all the surrounding aggro at all 3 camps b4 you start pulling the Named.

Grab the charms then asap move to the next camps but this time instead of engaging kill each named asap. You might on some of these camps also need to do an add pull before the named pull.

After the next 3 are dead then head to the final mob hopefully in time

Ideally you want at least 3 shield tanks 3 Theurgists 3-4 Clerics and and as many nukers as you can get. (But can be done with less)

Goodluck

Edit I have been succesfull with this set up many times

grp1
Pally
Pally
Pally
Cleric
Cleric
Theurg
Theurg
Sorc

Group 2
Tank
Sorc
Cleric
Cleric
Theurg
Cabby
Wizzie
Random

Now thats prolly a few more than you need but it will get the job done

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Crimson LoneWolf said:
But how did you manage to pull the named ones without having to walk through tons of aggro? The way i see it, we never could pull the named ones without having to clear the camps of the purple mobs, which took too long, ie no way near being able to finish in 15 minutes..

We have done Erinys in under 10 mins. I know most will disagree about the following technique.

Fire wizard (thats me) pulls. Starting with the most Problematic named mob, or the furthest away.

Step1: everyone gather in middle of all camps, and fop up etc...
Step2: Wizard goes to camp 1, looks for the named, and bolt the mofo, who will chase you with a couple of adds.
step3: Paladin engage the named, while everyone kills the adds.
Step4: wizrad goes to camp 2(pref the furthest camp). Bolts named. Pulls to the BG peeps.
step5: a different paladin engages named 2.
Step6: wizard goes to camp 3 and bolts the named.
step 7: kill all 3 named at same time.
Step 8: everyone in BG goes follows the wiz, who bolts Named 4, kill
step 9 : everuone goto camp 5, kill, camp 6 kill.
step 10: take all 5 orbs to main mob.
Step 11: Pet spam named and take your erynis.

It would prolly be a good idea if, before you start pulling, take a walk around and plan from where you will bolt and which camps are the problem camps you should pull first. If you find good positions, you can bolt the named thru the door in ALL the camps, NEVER GTAOE unless u wanan pull 10 Purps.

p.s. the puller will die loads :D
pps. the 15 min timer doesnt start until the first named is Killed.
ppps omg what a waste of my time
!!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Really all the info you should need it was given in the previous thread, if you need more maybe tag along and watch when others are doing it: a group did it on Monday - maybe theyll be trying it again next week.

The rest has already been answered, other than group for killing Samut himself. Theres nothing special about him, so the plain boring standard group setup works fine. Paladin to take aggro, any random shield tank to guard the paladin, couple of clerics for buffs & heals, and as many theurgs as you can get to spam 100 or so pets.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Really all the info you should need it was given in the previous thread, if you need more maybe tag along and watch when others are doing it: a group did it on Monday - maybe theyll be trying it again next week.

The rest has already been answered, other than group for killing Samut himself. Theres nothing special about him, so the plain boring standard group setup works fine. Paladin to take aggro, any random shield tank to guard the paladin, couple of clerics for buffs & heals, and as many theurgs as you can get to spam 100 or so pets.

reade the previous thread like draylor said...

the only thing about Samut will be like 1 of the camp bosses (have tripple wield/instant DDs/pet/summon earth pets/etc)

cba to write who to do it again.... and 1 fg with 2 tanks can start with pulling 3 bosses before killing the first aswell u don't need mroe then 1 fg :fluffle:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
-Freezingwiz- said:
reade the previous thread like draylor said...
Uh, Freez you gimp it was HIS thread - of course he read it :p

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Draylor said:
Uh, Freez you gimp it was HIS thread - of course he read it :p

pffft ! gimpy cleric I know :p

but I'm sure all the anwsers is in the last thread :touch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom