Need help with camera

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hi, I got a Sony DSC-P100 Digital Camera and basically I can't find where in the camera I'm meant to put the bloody usb wire! Someone help, I feel very silly. :<

Cheers.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I don't have one of those Picture Station thingys.
I know where in the computer it goes I just can't see a hole in my camera, only the hole for the recharger wire thing.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Looking at:
pma0323.jpg

and remembering what a friends sony camera was like, i think there is a slidy opening compartment on the side (you can just see "Open" on the side in that picture)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, I've got that compartment but inside is the space for the memory card, the battery and the hole for sticking the Recharge wire in. This really has me miffed.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I registered at those forums Tom and never got a password sent to me, and they don't let you use web based email accounts. :(

Jinglebells I have that manual but the wire doesn't fit into the socket at the bottom of the camera. Are there different types of USB wire and maybe I've been given the wrong one or something?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
p100_bottom.jpg

Thats the plug I'm on about. The USB wire won't fit in it.

Cask

Fledgling Freddie
Sup dudes.

3 types of USB connectors that I've seen. Type A that goes into the back of your PC. Type B that a lot of printers use, and mini-B that often goes into cameras.

My camera has an S-Video style USB connection while my dads uses the mini-B connector. There's a list of em here but dunno if it'll be any help.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ok, then I'll have to try and get ahold of the different types of USB wires. I've got the wrong one. Does that slot on top of the Sony sticker look like a USB slot?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It looks like a USB port to me. It will be a special sony shaped one though.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I actually have that Sony USB wire. (Well its a USB wire with Sony written on it...) but it doesn't fit.

God dammit this is pissing me off now. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Leave your house and go to the retailer you bought it from? Alternativly if you bought it online, just pop into your nearest Jessops. Ask, they will help.

Xavier

Can't get enough of FH
Can I ask where you got the camera from? Looking at Jessops website they say you should have gotten the right cable in the box, so if you bought it from a retailer recently I'd be going back and having words... If however you got it off fleabay then expect to shell out £30 on a special sony USB lead, they are 'teh suck' when it comes to accessories.

Xav

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I have a spare sony usb cable knocking around if you would like it, works with a camera/camcorder.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Xavier said:
Can I ask where you got the camera from? Looking at Jessops website they say you should have gotten the right cable in the box, so if you bought it from a retailer recently I'd be going back and having words... If however you got it off fleabay then expect to shell out £30 on a special sony USB lead, they are 'teh suck' when it comes to accessories.

Xav
Hehe, well I bought it from a mate, who got it nicked from a mate, or something. I guess this is the price I pay for being dodgy. I got it for £130.
I went to the Sony shop in Richmond and the bloke told me if I bring it in he'll sort it for me but I'm just worried that might've been the shop it was nicked from, or there might be a serial on it which he can find out whether that phones been bought or not.
Tom what does the wire look like? Because I've got a grey sony wire and thats the one that doesn't fit, are there different types of Sony wire?

Cheers

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Right, this is the one that connects to my Sony DSC-S85. I can't find the other one right now, but its in this house somewhere, a bit of digging would turn it up.

Part of that plug is a bit bent, where I ran the chair castor over it :)

I'm pretty certain the other lead is exactly the same, if its suitable for you then I'll dig it out and check beforehand.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Thats not the wire I have. Perhaps its the one I need although I can't see how it'd fit into my camera still. Does your lead go into the same place the recharger goes?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No, the recharge connector is completely different, flatter and thinner, with a raised lip down the centre. Kind of like a 3 shape, but with very short arms on the '3'

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Ok I went to the Sony shop in Richmond and he kept telling me the wire should work, then pulled a p100 out and tried it himself and it wouldn't fit. Then he opened a brand new one with a lead inside, which was different to mine and that one worked. Its a got a big fat end on it, different to the ones you usually see. I have to contact Sony and get it ordered because shops don't stock it though. :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
LOL.

Exactly what you deserve for handling dodgy goods.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
No big deal, get the wire and I've still saved nearly £100

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
And you've cost a retailer that money (most probably), not a big corporation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom