Need help tweaking gfx card

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
I have a FX5600 128 (yeah i know its the suxxors)

and when i run DaoC in full screen mode (heard it should run smoother than window mode) i get from 7-17fps

the specs on computer is amd 2600+ 512 mb ram.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The way I did it was to load fraps (which you'll have done), and then head somewhere tough on the graphics card (Pre TOA I used Camelot and old Emain), and see what frame rate you get.

Then alter graphics card anti-aliasing, ansiotrophic filtering and quality settings, looking at what the effect on the frame rate is, so you can balance in your own mind whether the particular frame rate gain is worth the loss of quality for an individual tweak.

Pre-caching all the skins will improve performance at the cost of memory and load time, which would be an issue for your computer, probably (not 1Gb memory), so may be worth avoiding.

In large zergs, I tend to run /effects group, as you can still see what is going on in your group, but don't have a huge graphics hit. Sadly some ML's require /effects all to see some encounter details, but you only really need that for one person if they are good at keeping people informed.

Hope that helps

Darzil

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Well for a starters have you got the lateist gfx card drivers they should inprove it a little bit and have you considerd bios flashing the card ?.

Warning Do Not Attemp To Flash A Card If You Dont Know What Your Doing.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Or just upgrade to 1024 ram, its a reasonably cheap upgrade and it will improve your performance alot. Your gfx is enough to play daoc really, so i would go for more ram if i was you, before i tampered with it and risk destroying it by overclocking etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom