need help for healer!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Now, this buggers me, as I usually just want to be a "know it all" and not ask for help, but here goes:

I returned to playing my Mend/pac specced healer recently and he is almost completly kited for RvR (only ML7, need ML10 and miss champ-weapon to be completly done), I capped Cast-speed, Spell Range, Dex, got good resists, capped healing bonus, got decent buff-bonus, everything in template that should be there, got that part figured!

But how to play a healer?

I want to be Mend/pac or Pac/mend, so these are the 2 specs I see viable:

39Mend/37Pac
44Pac/30Mend

Comments on which one you think I should be using?

Also, I keep seeing posts mentioning how healers are incredieble interrupters, just spam AE-mezz?
What should I be doing in combat?
Atm I run in, AE mezz, spam AE-mezz around, cast heals when not interrupted by the enemy, sprinting around when I have agro, trying to keep realm mates alive and spamming some CC (AE mezz/stun)

Anything Else I should be doing?

Hate to be biting the grass, but it just seems groups I join as the pac healer goes down a lot faster than when I am secondary paccer or join with another toon, so want to know if it is me doing something dreadfully wrong or it is just randomness...

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
consider going 38 pac 35 mend rest aug (15 aug if i remember). this way u get insta ae stun too and can swop items in so u can cap buff when u need.

pacs are great interupturs becaurse u have amnesia. huge range on these and fast cast time. single target one is grey and cost almost no power to cast. but u need to mix it up, if the target isnt mess immune its better to hit him with a mess if u can. u also have 4 insta cc spells they can help turn things around too. u have more tools then anyone, thats the great thing about a pac'er. the hardest thing about a pac'er is choosing what tool to use when :)

takes alot of practise to learn, im still practising. :m00:

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Legohelten said:
consider going 38 pac 35 mend rest aug (15 aug if i remember). this way u get insta ae stun too and can swop items in so u can cap buff when u need.

pacs are great interupturs becaurse u have amnesia. huge range on these and fast cast time. single target one is grey and cost almost no power to cast. but u need to mix it up, if the target isnt mess immune its better to hit him with a mess if u can. u also have 4 insta cc spells they can help turn things around too. u have more tools then anyone, thats the great thing about a pac'er. the hardest thing about a pac'er is choosing what tool to use when :)

takes alot of practise to learn, im still practising. :m00:

Oh, I thought amnesia didn't work anymore, thought it was nerfed along with the asd nerf, so that is a new add-on to my QB :)

Also the spec you said make a lot of sense.

Compared to my current 39mend/37pac:

LOSS:
22,4% Spread Heal effectiveness
26,9% Group Heal effectiveness
Overall Healing Decrease

GAINS:
Instant AE-stun
Capped Base-line buffs
Speed 2

Just not 100% sure the Instant AE-stun is worth that through, capped baselines are nice, but can always use BBs, Speed 2 is nice for when I am solo or in PvE, but else no.

Note: The % loss in heal effectiveness is made by: ((High Value - Low Value))/High Value)*100%

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I don't think insta ae stun is worth specing for. You have to be careful when using it, as giving any ml 6+ banelord stun immunity is bad bad BAD. Using ae stun at all can be quite risky. Also, I wouldn't go 39 mend for the spread heal as it costs way too much power and the level 30 one is almost always enough. Imo go either 30, 35 or 40 mend for the 100% rez and cure nearsight (if you're a sojourner). Would spec 36 or 37 or all the way to 44 in pac I think.
My own pac healer is 40 mend, 36 pac, but it's questionable whether the better rez and cure nearsight are worth it, as you mostly only want one person to cure nearsight in the group (the shaman mostly) as a second nearsight cure will actually cure the nearsight immunity. An option would be to spec 36 pac, 30 mend and 26 aug. That gives you the absolute minimum you need in pac and mend to be effective, and also gives you a little speed and haste buff and the option to cap your base buffs, which can be good as you can have capped base dex from yourself so it can't be sheared.

Legohelten

Fledgling Freddie
whether or not having insta ae stun depends on play style i quess. i wouldnt loose it. stunning banelords is a nono but the area on the insta is small so avoiding hitting banlords is not that hard.

having capped buffs is nice. if u base buff yourself they count as self buffs and can not be sheared.

i agree with leel that the 39 sh is way to power heavy. the first one is fine. if all ur healing is done with sh u will not be a very effective healer since u will be out of power fast even when using the first one.

Moriatroll

Fledgling Freddie
1. you dont specc 40/36 for the sh, u do it for cure ns.

2. if u dont need cure ns, go with the 38/33/19 specc imo, capped buffs are <3 for when druids start shearing.

3. amenesia does not interupt, it only cancels the spell, and thus ae mezz is much better for interupting.

4. The things u describe in the post are basicly what u should be doing as a pac healer, I have never played with u, but what u probably need to work on is "when to do what" and positioning. Now no healer will ever become perfect in thoose 2 fields, that is simply not possible, but u can become better and better, and u will continue to learn until u stop playing ur toon. So think about where u are in the fight, and what spell is is most needed to cast.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
On a sidenote..

42m 33aug will rox in next patch.

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
my 2 healer are 48pac rest mend & 40 mend 36 pac.

I would wait on respeccing until 1.83 to see what new tools we get.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Nice, love the replies until now :)

So I got a good few tips to try out:

1. Use lvl 30 sh instead of 39sh, when I use it
1.5: Use single/group heals when possible instead for power-saving
2: Amnesia is good to cancel others spellcasting due to low cast time, mix with AE-mezz once in a while to give Interrupt timer to enemies
3: If respeccing, go for 38 Pac / 33 Mend / 19 Aug (or some variation of it) to cap baselines to avoid buff-shear
4: Practice in placing myself right in combat
5: Never AE-stun a Banelord

Keep the good advices coming, already got a lot to keep in mind, but better to be able to practice the things right in first shot than change a bad habit later :)

Mundokar

One of Freddy's beloved
I would drop the aug in any spec, leave basebuffs for the aug-healer in the group (just scream on vent/TS for basebuffs ;) )

40 mend/36 pac is the best spec imo. Cure nearsight is a very valuable tool and the 100% rezz is :clap: .

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
38 pac 33 mend 19 aug is the best tbh. You get very nice single heals(that's important) the 30 spread heal, capped base boofs , green celerity and alll the cc u gonna need and u can have just get some MoF so enemies dont resist too much ur mezzs, it's worth.Just my 2 cent, hope it helps

devaline

Fledgling Freddie
Mundokar said:
Cure nearsight is a very valuable tool and the 100% rezz is :clap: .

As u said there is an auger and ofc a shamy for cure ns

feril

Fledgling Freddie
if you dont wanna play aug healer go for 38/33/19.. the best specc for a pac healer..

the aug is to cap your basebuffs to avoid being ripped not for rebuffing your grp, thats augers jobb and you will get a green celerity wich is great if the auger isent in the center of the fight wich he usally isent, then you can give the tanks a extra push..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom