Need advice about hunter weapons

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno if anyone here has been able to test out the new patch but here goes :

I have 2 weapons at the moment - Gryphonwing Longbow and PCB.

Gry : 2.7spd, 28.6dps (or there abouts)
PCB : 1.5spd, 27.7dps

There is roughly a second between their respective firing speeds and Gry does about 170-190 per shot whilst PCB does 80-100 per shot. I am having trouble deciding which to use.

With the normalization to aimed and multi shot will the PCB become a more worthwhile weapon? I really enjoy using it in PvE because I can whittle away a same con mob in a little under 15 seconds (my serpent sting rarely runs out) but in PvP I barely make a dent in any of the Alliance players. Haven't had an opportunity to test the bow in PvP but it is such a common weapon I'm sure someone has. :)

Any tips on what I should use?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Go for the slowest weapon... you'll still have higher normal shot crits...
A fast bow/gun will use alot of ammo. On a regular MC trip I use about 3000+ arrows with my Strikers Mark. Image what you would use with a 1.5spd weapon...

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Yea, noticed that last night on a trip to Mara. :) Massive(ish) crits and didn't run out of ammo either. It is a shame to say good bye to my PCB but hey ho. :)

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Get a bigger bag and keep both.

Or make alts who are for lewt only. I have; Wardrobe, Handbag & Purse! \0/

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Found this on my forums Sissy, maybe it helps you?
imajical said:
PvE wise the only real nerf / boost is with Aimed Shot and Multi Shot being normalised, so that all bows, guns, and xbows will get the same dmg boos from RaP on those two shots as to how big a nerf/boos this is depends on your ranged weapon, faster bows will now hit harder with Aimed and multi, with the opposite for the slower guns and xBow.

fpor PvP it seems that blizzard must have been flooded by the crying of rogues ;) as it will now be possible for a rogue to see exactly where a flare is and avoid it, and traps are now stealthed so detect traps isn't needed to see them, some of the repprts from the test relms made it seem as though they were seen very easily. Shadowmeld is also changed so that it breaks when you start casting, though I never really did this tbh, it was much more fun to use the instant cast Wyvern to root someone riding past on Horseback, then hit em with the Aimed, Multi, trap, etc (using scorpid to clear the wyvern dot before they get trapped)

Spec wise the BM tree is apparently good for soloing and leveling, although I think the most I ever spent in that tree was 5 points for imp AotH pre 1.7, I also don't recall having that many problems pulling aggro from my pet as a MM speced hunter pre 60. If you think you will be doing a lot of dungeons then I personally would recomend a MM build to start with (either 20/31/0. 5/31/15 or 0/31/20) changing to Survival once you get to about 360-400 unbuffed agility (either 0/21/30 or 0/20/31 depending on if you want Scatter Shot or Wyvern Sting), for PvP the BM tree is apparently still very good against cloth wearers, and survival is good against melee types.

With the MC raid last night I really didn't see much of a change in my overall damge, I was still in the top 5 overall at the end of the raid, though I think this is generally down to the generall survivabilty of a resonably well played hunter in raids, staying out of AoE range and feigning often usually means I can unload with out getting aggro, and generally in a total wipe i'll be one of the last to die :D

Imajical

I can't offer my own experience on the new spec cos I'm unsubbed atm.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
If you have not completed the AV win quest i suggest you do that, its still the best blue x-bow in wow for hunters.

My spec is 0/21/30 for scatter shot, works great for stopping all casters from their channeling spells, or when mage blink in to ae, also helps to use before feing to trap, since so many are not fooled by feing.

And funny thing i win in meele against similary level geared rogues 7 times out of 10. Best fight was 2 rogues vs me, both died, died to the paladin comming charging in casting his finishing hammer they got a few patches ago.

Beastmaster is good to chew up casters.

I find the quiver/pouch you get from forstwolf/stormpike is enough for MC runs, but usually carry spare ammo in my bags just incase we screw up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom