Games Need a game server........

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
my son plays garrysmod and runs his own server from his bedroom (on a dedicated pc), now he has lots of friends coming on every night, its making my life a nightmare when i want to do anything, so i have decided to splash out on a game server for him.

I have looked at a couple of options but need one thats not gonig to rip me off or one where the supports aload of dog shit, can anyone reccomend a decent provider.........

ta

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's a suggestion;

Tell him he can use that server at X, between Y and Z and that's it. So you can use your own stuff in your own home when YOU want to. If he wants unlimited server handling, he has to get a job and earn one :flame:

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
nar, he's got every right to use the broadband, he is a good lad and deserves to be able to learn about this type of stuff, he setup his own server and sorted the port forwarding out on the router himself, not bad for a 9 yr old.....

plus i want him to do this to learn about online community's and how they work, it will stand him in good stead for the future, obviously i know fuck all about how to treat people on the internet so hes no good asking me :m00:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
nar, he's got every right to use the broadband, he is a good lad and deserves to be able to learn about this type of stuff, he setup his own server and sorted the port forwarding out on the router himself, not bad for a 9 yr old.....

plus i want him to do this to learn about online community's and how they work, it will stand him in good stead for the future, obviously i know fuck all about how to treat people on the internet so hes no good asking me :m00:

Ah, fair enough. I do support buying crap you think will improve future skills.

Thought this was a classic case of parent buys what kid "WANT NAU!" :D

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
no, he wanted it 6 months ago, i said, sort your own server out, get some regulars on it and you do the admin and the server config, when you have proved its not just a fad, i will get you a fully fledged game server.....

Jeros

Part of the furniture
no, he wanted it 6 months ago, i said, sort your own server out, get some regulars on it and you do the admin and the server config, when you have proved its not just a fad, i will get you a fully fledged game server.....

I wish my dad where like you, he was discintly unimpresed with my teenage server network constructed out of various old/very old pcs/parts :/

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I wish my dad where like you, he was discintly unimpresed with my teenage server network constructed out of various old/very old pcs/parts :/

Probably because the older generation generally considers everything that has something to do with computers "playing" and not real useful skills..... Sucks, but well, what can ye do...

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i work in IT support so the pc isnt exactly alien to me..............

well, monday morning with a hangover maybe :m00:

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
ok, gone with UKGAME for a 12 slot Garrysmod server at £8 a month

if anyone plays gmod the ip is 77.92.85.184:27016

lets see how long it takes him to get the rcon password stolen or the control panel haxorised............

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think you can't repeat the first time of something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom