Necro's QQ in RvR at lower levels

Tholaawg

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone else have trouble using it!? ie. u hit it, then powertap, necro starts casting...gets interrupted....i haven't had it work once against a mid in thid.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Necros are no good in thid imo.

They have no range on spells, bad casting speed (without a BB), pet is usually outdamaged and even lifedrain cant take it back.

At lvl 50 with MoA or MW whatever :x then they own.

Arakasi

Fledgling Freddie
thats why you put pet on passive, and most importantly use faciliate painworking RIGHT after the pet swings along with the lifedrain.

I never had any problems with my necro in bg, or id even say i pretty much owned.

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Thats the thing you have to remember its NOT a quick cast

Gorryk

Fledgling Freddie
Arakasi said:
thats why you put pet on passive, and most importantly use faciliate painworking RIGHT after the pet swings along with the lifedrain.

I never had any problems with my necro in bg, or id even say i pretty much owned.

Ermm,, I think you mean put pet on defensive.... If pet is on passive, and in melee range of a target, it will swing the instant you FP wasting 3 seconds or so of you MoC style casting whilst the pet swings. Using fp in passive mode at range (vs archers/casters) is fine as your pet can't swing so you can cast 2 spells easy enough. In melee, you need to be in defensive mode.

The reason for this is because your pet has a spell queue. When you give it a command, it adds it to the queue. If the queue is full, it replaces the last item in the queue. The queue stores two items in defensive mode, but only 1 in passive for some reason. For FP to work, you need the queue to be FP<--Spell<--..... If there is a spell in the queue already and you hit FP, it is put in the second spot, and whatever spell you cast next can overwrite FP.

For example, if you are in a fight vs an SB who jumped you, and have cast some insta lifetaps, those lifetaps will be added to the pets queue. You hit FP and it gets added to the queue (possibly replacing the 2nd of two queued instas). You then hit castable lifetap, and if your pet still has the insta lifetap command as first member in the queue, your FP is overwritten and the timer is not reset.

One way to make sure your pet queue is empty before trying to FP is to move slightly, interrupting any insta lifetap you may be commanding your pet to cast, and wait for it to swing. Just before it swings,it will fire off the next spells in the queue until the spell queue is empty, or a castable spell is reached (at which point it casts instead of swings). Once it has swung, it's spell queue is empty and you can hit FP, and then Lifetap leaving a small gap between them to account for lag. Follow these rules and you should be 99% successful with FP (although it will still get messed up by enemy CC and the like). I see many people who claim that fp is harder to sue at different levels or with different pets, but that isn't the case.

Tholaawg

Fledgling Freddie
thx, think the problem was that i was in passive mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom