Necros in RvR

Robby

Fledgling Freddie
Why do people say necro's suck in RvR?
Yesterday I was in DF with a lvl 42 necro (me 50 arms).
We had buffs from a lvl 30-35 BB. 3 mids attacked us, a shaman and 2 tanks. All 3 of them were rr3 and red to the necro, so I think they were all 50. They had a shaman so their buffs were probably as good as ours.
We totally owned them, for a large part because of the nerco's AF debuf. It made me hit like hel, although I'm only 1H.
2 Of the mids returned, together with a rr6 sb, to kill a 50 and a 42 (weak imo) and still 2 of them died before they finally killed us (even weaker).
Why all say necro sucks in RvR? I know he has probs with mezz, but so have palis and casters, but they still good in RvR groups. This worked with mids, but imagine a lvl 50 necro debuffing hib casters, while 3 tanks are attacking them. When they all hit the caster once he's down, so their would be like no time for their healers to heal em.
Or are their other reasons i don't know?
opinions pls

Erinnizz

Fledgling Freddie
Necros pwnz meleeclasses pretty good, specially with buffs...

Dracus

Fledgling Freddie
Marczje said:
This actually is a covered brag imo.
/medal

Agleed! necro with buffs > melee classes...sry and if ur s/s then u prolly guarded the pet right?

/Dracus

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Robby said:
Why do people say necro's suck in RvR?
Yesterday I was in DF with a lvl 42 necro (me 50 arms).
We had buffs from a lvl 30-35 BB. 3 mids attacked us, a shaman and 2 tanks. All 3 of them were rr3 and red to the necro, so I think they were all 50. They had a shaman so their buffs were probably as good as ours.
We totally owned them, for a large part because of the nerco's AF debuf. It made me hit like hel, although I'm only 1H.
2 Of the mids returned, together with a rr6 sb, to kill a 50 and a 42 (weak imo) and still 2 of them died before they finally killed us (even weaker).
Why all say necro sucks in RvR? I know he has probs with mezz, but so have palis and casters, but they still good in RvR groups. This worked with mids, but imagine a lvl 50 necro debuffing hib casters, while 3 tanks are attacking them. When they all hit the caster once he's down, so their would be like no time for their healers to heal em.
Or are their other reasons i don't know?
opinions pls

Problems with necros are the pet is buggy and they can be 2 or 3 shotted by most casters. Against tanks they totally own though when buffed due to buffs working as abs rather than normal buffs.

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Necro crap in rvr? lol :C
Those buffed necro pets are totally impossible to kill with 1-2ppl. Or maybe im just gimped.. well, im an sb after all ;[]

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Supposedly Necro's are almost unbeatable 1on1 - however, the same can be said for Supp BD's. Both statements are verging on true in that both classes are difficult - but not impossible to kill.

And in Zerg RvR they are no doubt great as batterys for the other casters.

I think its mainly FGvFG combat - having to do everything through their pet seems to slow them down a bit. Not to mention its lower level then the necro so its fodder for an /assist train.

Of course, the powers-that-be declaring that FgVFg is the only 'real' type of RvR Necro's are given a back seat to extra tanks, seers, etc regardless of any potential utility they can bring to a group.

Just my opinion in any case, its probably wrong. ;)

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Dracus said:
Agleed! necro with buffs > melee classes...sry and if ur s/s then u prolly guarded the pet right?

/Dracus
cannot guard pets

Bellona

Banned
Dracus said:

/Dracus

pets cant be guarded

and btw.. long time ago ive tried a gimped group in emain, I were playing my paladin and then we had:

cleric
3x necro
theurgist
mincer
armsman

and very luckily (or good :)) the theur planted a perfect mezz on a fg mids, and with seconds the necroes had killed all their support, 3 assisting necroes > savage train

but if they are mezzed :(

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
not very handy when running thru emain, just demands skill handling the pet

and as many little kids like one button classes, this isn't one (altho not in fg vs fg)
in one vs one aye this char aint easy, far from even :(
and aye, i hate em too :)

Zzang

Fledgling Freddie
Question.

Does the Toa bonus items affect spells casted thru pet or only self casted (like the "insta" lifedrain) ?

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Archeon said:
I think its mainly FGvFG combat - having to do everything through their pet seems to slow them down a bit. Not to mention its lower level then the necro so its fodder for an /assist train.

or not ?

Lethul

FH is my second home
Zzang said:
Question.

Does the Toa bonus items affect spells casted thru pet or only self casted (like the "insta" lifedrain) ?

noob, dont you know anything at all? :p

Lethul

FH is my second home
Archeon said:
Supposedly Necro's are almost unbeatable 1on1 - however, the same can be said for Supp BD's. Both statements are verging on true in that both classes are difficult - but not impossible to kill.

And in Zerg RvR they are no doubt great as batterys for the other casters.

Of course, the powers-that-be declaring that FgVFg is the only 'real' type of RvR Necro's are given a back seat to extra tanks, seers, etc regardless of any potential utility they can bring to a group.

Just my opinion in any case, its probably wrong. ;)

rofl, i remember one little incident at DC when we ran in to a solo necro. Me sushii and poon charged in bravely and i quadded as usuall, 3*1 damage and 2 on mainhand. Evil longrange bof on pets. But necro pets are not fodder for assist trains, caster assist yes, tank, not even close :).

ps. this applies if necros are buffed etc ofc

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
problem with mecros is there pet (if it die u die too) is lvl 44 and count as means it can be double bolted or 3 shooted by any caster, the QC only work if the pet is in melee (sucks), they can be chained mezz coz no resist timer (like 2 years ago).
But yes full buffed necros r pain to kill unless u can swing u 2h weapon very fast (friars or VWs r really good here) or u got DW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom