Necromancers

E

Elenah Lopez

FFS, I couldn't get on BW Forums for days now :eek: and wanted to post this, if it's been on already xcuse me.

From the Herald Grab Bag...

Q: Insert necro question here.

A: Y'all, most of the necro questions I got this week got the response "currently under discussion and will be addressed in 1.65 if not sooner." Sorry to be so vague, but you are on the schedule.

The 'Question' is absolutely hillarious I reckon... Now, fingers crossed for fixxeZzz!!

O

old.tRoG

Make it impossible for necros to enter rvr zones.

Then they can powerlevel the rest of albion. UBeR!

B

brite

thats all they do anyway.....

necro in rvr = spam it with instas while someone 1 shots his pet

T

tripitaka

SO.. I wont bother asking them about the fact im gettting 30-40% more resists on high yellow - red cons then...

And i have to wait until 1.65 to be fixed...

Oh gr8.

Nerf me and ill still carryon... just a little slower due to having to fight lower yellows.

F

Flimgoblin

you shouldn't be getting any more resists in 1.62 solo, if you're powerlevelling you won't get a bonus for having someone in your group anymore admittedly - but solo resist rates are the same.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

My prediction is they want to nerf some of the PvE abilities of the necro but are afraid to do that until they fix the RvR bugs/issues... which is exactly what they're about to do..

I expect a PvE nerf in a patch or 2.

T

Tafaya Anathas

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
I expect a PvE nerf in a patch or 2.

I hope not.
They have gimped necros in RvR, they will gimp them in PvE too? What's next? BD love?

L

Laston

yeah i heard they giving em chainmail in 1.65 :(

J

jollyroger

Ooh givf staff styles and shammy buffs too, that'd make my day.

A

Archeon

Make Necro pets give RP - nothing gets on my tits more than killing a pet only to have some moron run up and kill the necro leaving me with no RP for my effort (and it does take some effort when you don't play a Zerk/Savage ;) )

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Archeon
Make Necro pets give RP - nothing gets on my tits more than killing a pet only to have some moron run up and kill the necro leaving me with no RP for my effort (and it does take some effort when you don't play a Zerk/Savage ;) )

One of the things on the new necro TL's 'bug' list to fix is this.

C

Cybwyn

Does seem a bit dodgy that.

"Thanks for killing Bommie there; now I'll be swiping those 950 RPs you just earned." ;)

W

Wij

Only dumb ppl do the hard work. Is it Mythic's fault that you don't know how to leach RP ?

T

Tasans

At the necro time when albs used to farm at nott, i used to find necros running and while their pet got zerged i targeted the necro and spammed my insta :p

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
you shouldn't be getting any more resists in 1.62 solo, if you're powerlevelling you won't get a bonus for having someone in your group anymore admittedly - but solo resist rates are the same.

Try playing my necro - nowt changed, no new armour - more resists.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by tripitaka
Try playing my necro - nowt changed, no new armour - more resists.

they get reports of resists/crafting failures/etc. all making a sharp rise after a patch.

Needless to say it's just perception.

Log things :) work out your resists on even con monsters over several hundreds kills.

Post em here - we'll see if they're on target :)

O

old.Spanjab

Have to agree my necro is getting way more resists than it used to but that said it can still solo red undead without too much hassle, not sure it's right to fix that, isn't red enough?

What does need fixing is their rvr role. They just dish out their little bit of damage during the fight and if the albs win they feed mana to the clerics or wizzies who do the damage for them. Little more than a bucket of mana rvr. :(

S

SilverHood

Originally posted by Cybwyn
Does seem a bit dodgy that.

"Thanks for killing Bommie there; now I'll be swiping those 950 RPs you just earned." ;)

as a thane, I could kill necros with 1 insta dd

so when I see a necro pet being killed, I start hammering my insta dd button... could leech the kill before anyone else :D

hey, a thane has to get rps somehow :)

P

parisienscot

Check 1.64g patch notes on www.camelotherald.com - a few minor necro fixes - mostly fluff - but one very good bug fix :

- A proper spell effect has been added to the necromancer's pbae-dot line of spells. You will now see a spell effect emination from the pet regardless of whether or not the spell lands on a target.

- A new sound affect has been added to the necromancer's pbae-dot line of spells.

- The shade-cast lifetap line of necromancer spells now have a spell effect on both hands during the casting animation.

- Necromancers will now receive a "you can not cast that right now" message when their pet is mezzed or stunned.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Tafaya Anathas
I hope not.
They have gimped necros in RvR, they will gimp them in PvE too? What's next? BD love?

Did you read the rest of my post too or just the bottom line? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom