Necromancers, not a whine thread

L

loxleyhood

Why do people make necromancers? Of course when Shrouded Isles was released they were bugged (in a beneficial way) so many people made and power leveled one to exploit this bug in RvR. But why now, when necromancers are a heavily bugged character which is not attractive in RvR (at least not the power leveled specced ones) as any person with a necromancer will tell you. Yet people make necromancers by the bucket load, much to the despair of other exping classes.

Of course if you have two accounts having a necro on one of them means instant power leveling for the characters on the other account. Okay. I can understand that these people would make a necro. But at the moment, at 6:05pm British time, there are 76 non-anon necros online, and clearly the majority of these will not have second accounts.

So why the hell do people still make and level this bugged and mostly unattractive class, which they have no intention of ever taking into RvR and doesn't have any particular amazing cash farming abilities? Is it for the pure unbridled ecstasy of soloing mob after mob after mob? Is it so you can help the hundreds of random strangers which want power leveling?

Why, you legion of necromancers, why do you continue to make and level this class?

B

Brynn

I think its to do with the fact they are relativly quickly to lvl to 50. Therefore the can use /level and make a class they can use more effectivly.

O

old.Tijl

Housing, using my pet to cook and clean ;)

F

Feac_

Originally posted by old.Tijl
Housing, using my pet to cook and clean ;)

need any pet nappys crafted ? that blue that comes from thier butts stains carpets you know :)

K

Keogh

It's already been said, but it's purely cash farming for me. Oh and me and 2 mates are getting a new account and doing a buffbot so it's also for PLing.

With my Necro I can finance all my other characters and those of my mates if needed.

S

Skaven

Originally posted by loxleyhood
and doesn't have any particular amazing cash farming abilities?

I dunno, ive made nearly 16p in the last few weeks with mine.

P

Pin

I made mine months ago for fast levelling of my Reaver (and never went RvR when there were bugs to be abused). Made about 40plat while levelling them both to 50, then another 25plat levelling my Ice Wiz after that.

That answer the question?

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Necro's are a fun class to play actually.
Might respec mine to some pbaoe, and just park it inside a keep :p
Regards, Glottis

E

Ekydus

Power levelling.
Cash farming.

Pretty much covers it...

Oh, and it's another quick 50 to add to your list. :p

T

Tilda

But why now, when necromancers are a heavily bugged character which is no good in RvR (at least not the power leveled specced ones) as any person with a necromancer will tell you. Yet people make necromancers by the bucket load, much to the despair of other exping classes.

er yes.

PL necros get AF debuff.

tank group =

cleric
cleric
mincer
sorc
necro
pally
tank
tank

ALL tanks /assist the necro who AF debuffs, result is tanks hit cap dammage and wipe groups very fast as long as sorc is good.

Tilda

C

~Clarky~

i really enjoy my 50 necro in RvR - despite the shitty bugs that are plauged with it. I think most ppl make necro's for a quick 50 char ... ;S

J

Jergiot

Why do people make necromancers? Of course when Shrouded Isles was released they were bugged (in a beneficial way) so many people made and power leveled one to exploit this bug in RvR. But why now, when necromancers are a heavily bugged character which is no good in RvR (at least not the power leveled specced ones) as any person with a necromancer will tell you. Yet people make necromancers by the bucket load, much to the despair of other exping classes.

Of course if you have two accounts having a necro on one of them means instant power leveling for the characters on the other account. Okay. I can understand that these people would make a necro. But at the moment, at 6:05pm British time, there are 76 non-anon necros online, and clearly the majority of these will not have second accounts.

So why the hell do people still make and level this bugged and mostly unattractive class, which they have no intention of ever taking into RvR and doesn't have any particular amazing cash farming abilities? Is it for the pure unbridled ecstasy of soloing mob after mob after mob? Is it so you can help the hundreds of random strangers which want power leveling?

Why, you legion of necromancers, why do you continue to make and level this class?

lox, maybe u should ask urself why we still play our scouts ^^

E

Ekydus

I had huge amounts of fun with my Necromancer in BG1. You can actually toy with your prey before you finish them off. Oh the memories...

F

-frostor-

1) u know shit about a necromancer
2) u ever grouped with a necro ?
3) u ever hitted an af debuffed enemy in rvr ? it kinda r0x

S

skile

Heh, I knew my scout was one of the worst chars to play RvsR when I started it. It's not all about which class whom owns RvsR, we aren't all FoTM;ers.

P

Pin

af debuffed enemy = caster with his shields down :D

reaver abs debuff is damned nice for a melee group too :)

B

belth

Necro's actually quite nice to play in a roaming FG. It's especially funny to see one of the tanks to exclaim "wow 500 damage" or some such when they hit debuffed tank :)

In zergs, necro is utterly boring, all you can do is spam Cons and Str/Cons debuffs as at most you'll get one nuke off every 5 fights :( Atleast they didn't break mezz last time I tried.

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by skile
Heh, I knew my scout was one of the worst chars to play RvsR when I started it. It's not all about which class whom owns RvsR, we aren't all FoTM;ers.

there is a big difference between not wanting to be a fotm and to be a rps cow for every class in the game x[

oh and i didnt know anything when i started playing, just picked randomly :p

W

-Wedge-

I've played a necro (not mine though) in RvR a few times... And besides the los issues that plague them (a lot)... You have :

1) Immume timers dont exists on the pet, its a mob (remez halfs duration etc)
2) Pet is low level (44) and thus a caster can probably 1-shot him
3) The pet-'bugs' in general (running off to god knows where at times)(moving to a target instead of casting)(list goes on)
4) spells use power even though they sometimes havent fired
5) Purge not working

If the immume timer and pet vs casters is fixed... And perhaps LoS a bit softened... THEN I could see a Necro as a viable char in RvR...

Although I do admit, power transfer is damn nice (when I group with 1)... The problems facing this class kind of make it more a power battery in a group rather then something that your tanks should /assist...

L

loxleyhood

Interesting. But are af debuffs all there is to necros? I can't believe that everyone is still making these necros to behold the glory of debuffs.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by -frostor-
1) u know shit about a necromancer
2) u ever grouped with a necro ?
3) u ever hitted an af debuffed enemy in rvr ? it kinda r0x

/clap master of the obvious. If I knew about necros I wouldn't be asking a question about them would I?

C

~Clarky~

pain has a nice aoe snare.. but my necro is 48sight/24pain and it gets resisted alot ;( + the Pbaoe dot is handy for un-covering stealthers .. just u gotta face the pet to cast it ;|

B

belth

1) AF-debuff
2) Cons debuff, use this on everything
3) Str/Cons debuff, use this on everything too
4) Unbreakable AoE snare, great when there's a bigger fight going on and enemy tanks are already CC-immune - also rocks when it crits, almost a unbreakable root
5) Absorb buff
6) Power transfer
7) Infinite nuking
8) Super-tough pet (when buffed) for interrupting casters

If can't get pet (nearly) fully buffed, it's better to just go AFK at ATK though...

O

old.CorpseWhisperer

Why create a necro? Being in no way dependent on groups for your levelling, or to have serious downtime is such major blessing...

Especially for players that log on for just a short time. Besides that: I don't agree with all the above posters that Necro's are only good for plevelling/farming, etc. Debuffing is rvr: very effective. Power transfer: a happy cleric, able to continually rez and heal people.

Necro's don't have a '1 Win Button' ..... :rolleyes:

F

Flimgoblin

I rolled a necro because I thought "Painworking can't be _that_ bad a spec surely."

it is...

B

belth

Yes I can imagine Painworking necro sucks... All you get is PBAoE dot, Single-target dot, Str/Cons buff, AoE Str/Cons debuff and AoE snare. Sounds pretty good. But no DD's/taps in combat and crap HoT... Sure I use the debuff and PBAoE dot on my sight necro when killing multiple blues/oranges, but that's just to make them take some damage while I'm tapping away on a single mob...

Servant on the other hand with cleric buffs... Better farmer than sight if that works.

F

Flimgoblin

painworking needs a stacking ranged dot - you have to pull with baseline lifetap if you go full painworking

(I'm not - I'm going painworking at level-2 rest in deathsight... still I find myself only ever using the deathsight spells ;))

Users who are viewing this thread