Necromancers in RvR

Alhanna

Fledgling Freddie
I bet this has been asked before so please excuse me.

Who does better, Sight or Servant spec?

Your experience please to help me.

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Sight is better but you still suck big time. Dont even bother go RvR with a necro.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Used to play with Ilian (rr8 necro) all the time til he got eaten by EQ2. Yeah there are all sorts of issues with the class but it can be a valuable contribution to a group if you don't always run the same 8 person opted set up.

Sorc + Cabby with endless power is nice, as is AF debuff if you run a tank group :)

Messiah

Fledgling Freddie
i would say sight if ur solo and sight if ur in group lol

Solo - When u buff up pet (RED buffs & 25% buff bonus as pets dont have cap on buffs like we do) and use ABS shield on pet tanks/stealthers are useless against you just Spec lifetap them and its all good and if u spec 48 sight 24 servant get a nice dmg shield aswell ive seen some necros take our 3-4 SB's at a time. Casters just hope u got high resists lol and go chase them :p u gonna lose most 1on1 fights against casters

Group - as Javai said u can give back up power to support classes and assisnt in tank group MA with ABS debuff and use pet to piss of casters/healers

Necros are a very underated class in rvr to be honest they have very valuable skills in a group but not many ppl are willing to allow them into a rvr group sadly :(

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
purge&moc fixed on necro's i heared
so they have to be ok now in rvr

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love to see more Necro's in RvR, grabbing a nice absorb buff from a passing necro is always a bonus, and melee damage on a AF debuffed target is very nice.

If for some reason I had to start all over again, an RvR necro is probably what i'd go for.

Of cause the big issues you'll have to face are:

Most good ML abilities wont work for you, because Mythic suck.

You'll have serious problems with MOC casters or casters that get the drop on you.

But everyone has their weaknesses so its still worth trying if you have the patiance. Which isn't usually your strong point hun :wub:

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone that thinks Necromancers cannot compete and play a viable role in RVR is completely wrong.

In my experiance, Sight is the only viable spec. A Necromancer, first and foremost, is a support class.

In my GG, my role is to supply the casters and clerics with mana, give absorb buffs to the applicable classes and finally to assist nuke where possible.

As previously mentioned by Jav, Illian did very well in our GG - RR8 on a Necromancer is incredible.

Solo, a Necro is an incredibly frustrating class to play. But in a decent GG, playing to the strengths of the class, it can be very rewarding indeed.

The class suffers a *lot* of issues in RVR that make it incredibly frustrating sometimes, but if you're as stubborn as I am, then give it a whirl :)

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Frostor said:
purge&moc fixed on necro's i heared
so they have to be ok now in rvr

Wrong.

Necromancers do not have access to Purge.

MoC does not work still for Necromancers (reading latest threads on VN Boards).

Missythang

Fledgling Freddie
I've also enjoyed some fun in RVR GG's with a Necro (sight). Definitely a support class and being able to stand on the FoP while allowing casters/healers to get better range can be a serious plus point.

Mostly, you don't get picked out as a serious threat, which can also be useful.

Without an understanding group, though, pretty much forget it :mad:

aberos

Fledgling Freddie
necromacer

i have a rr4l2 necromancer on predwyn alb i have took a long hard beating sometimes but if u wish to play one i would go for it peeps say they no good they wrong i infact otherday had 35 deathblows NO DEATHS and gose to show they can be good also can kill warlocks at 50 i have with simple tactics facilitate painworkin major life tap 2 times both cast from pet then send pet in cast smaller life tap dead .... they can be hard but can be done if u learn the class in rvr but imo go for it ghostlyblue rr4l2 necromancer :)

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
I wouldn't want anyone to try RvR with a Necromancer without at least getting some buffs on their pet. All too often stealthers jump you and can have your pet under 50% before you even notice anything. If you're going to camp bridges, be prepared to lose your pet at the most annoying time. Although you can have quite a bit of fun, I Was soloing at a bridge the other day, another Necromancer called Farnsworth was there, we decided to hide the pets and then Zoia came along with a group and wondered what the hell was going on - two shades stood in the middle of the bridge doing nothing... hehe.

I 100% agree with Kagato - As a Necromancer you need to get the drop, if you can get that you have a very good chance of winning, otherwise you're pretty much relying on the shade's life tap, although it's good, against any strong/quick enemy, you'll probably find you've lost your pet and are trying to kill something with your staff before you make a big enough dent. :/

They're bugged to crap, but as long as you don't spend too long on your Necromancer you can have quite a bit of fun in RvR. I personally think that Necromancers are used best at big realm clashes, you can cast quite freely. In solo, I would recommend Deathsight, as has already been stated. Although you can solo with a Necromancer, I think they are more viable when working with another class, that's when they can shine, or at least in my opinion.

Anyway, someone probably has a better view than me because I haven't RvR'd that much on my Necromancer really, but hope you can find something worth reading in here.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
I can't believe this lol

I absolutely LOVE my necro in rvr now, how do they suck? I do much better with him then with my wizard, solo!
I always solo or duo with my necro, stealthers dont even attack me, cuz they're dead if they do anyway, takes about 3 of them to take me down, and I'll prolly end up killing 1 or 2 before they do. The only thing that I have to watch out for is a chanter with their annoying stun and if purge ever gets fixed, they're no prob either. I've only just started with my necro and he's only rr 2l7 or something, but a rr10 mid/hib stealther (with artefacts, ML and ra's) can not win. I don't even have any RA's yet, or MLs, or artefacts...

Also, sight is the only way to go.
I may gather some footage if I can to show you just how good they can be in rvr (even though mythic should really start debugging them, pet gets out of control way too often). Although it takes a long time sometimes before someone actually attacks me solo, have to uncover them myself most of the time and they run and vanish when they can...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Ekydus said:
I wouldn't want anyone to try RvR with a Necromancer without at least getting some buffs on their pet. All too often stealthers jump you and can have your pet under 50% before you even notice anything. If you're going to camp bridges, be prepared to lose your pet at the most annoying time. Although you can have quite a bit of fun, I Was soloing at a bridge the other day, another Necromancer called Farnsworth was there...

Oh heya there Shriek! I must have missed your post on here when I was reading it. Farnsworth's operator here :D
Sorry I couldnt make it back on tonight, just bought cata online , was downloading it then testing afterwards,
I'll cya around!

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I tried playing my Saikoo a lvl41 Death Servant necro in Leirvik few days ago, was quite fun, took a tower by myself /flex.

Kept getting interupted by solo people, and QC 2x PBAE spamming the DD was enough to kill most orange cons in there, NS, BD.

Funniest battle was vs a Warlock, he insta killed my pet and 1 hit me with his staff <cwy> :p

Seems quite strong playing along side and against melee classes, but caster enemies killed me easy as A B C, still alot of fun. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom