Necromancer

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
I have read about the Necromancer. He seems nice but I wonder if he can have more than one Pet? How good is his Pet?

Is he fun to play, is he good? :)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd go back and read again tbh im sure youv'e missed something.

chalaim

Fledgling Freddie
I did what you told me and I found no definitive answer in the guide. It seems like I can have only one pet but as I said, not a definitive answer. Is it only the bonedancer that can have more than one pet of the petcasters?

RoshiaPendard

Fledgling Freddie
As a first character Necro might be a good choice since it's easy to lvl solo. On the other hand it might not be the best way to meet people and about if it's fun, the spec I have on mine, deathsight, is very effective but also very boring. If you want something other than a pl char, something fun in rvr later on f.ex I'd definitely go for something else, wind theurg, sprit cabalist, body sorc, something like that, or even a wizard :)

But those classes are also a great deal more difficult to level. It really depends what you want from the game. A fast 50 = go for necro, a fun-at-50 = try something else. Cabalist has a summoned pet, Sorceror can charm a pet (permant charm), Theurgist can summon multiple pets to send to a target but they have no control and pets die fast.

Hope this helps you a bit in your choice of character, good luck and have fun :)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
necromancer is actually a very good first char on alb.. make u looooads of cash.. gets u around the zones looking for new mobs.. whilst not relying on grps..

yes.. it does get a tad boring.. but u can get from 1-50 in a matter of days.. really is that silly.

use that char to set up the more fun and viable chars for rvr and u laughing.. u gonna have drops and the cash ready for thoe chars :) just be sure to go /anon or just ignore the pm's when u level 50 :) it gets quite silly at times..

Flippant Desires

Fledgling Freddie
I agree with some of this, but it's all down to you really :)

If it's your first ever character, necros can be a bit dull. They're not dull because they're gimp etc. Just dull because it's just too easy to solo. Nothing beats a nice group to xp with.

If you have other characters, then necros really are good at cash farming - it's still dull tho :( since there's hardly any downtime, it actually ends-up being quite boring....you end-up wishing it's ok to macro (3rd party progs) several keys.

I started on Alb with a Pally, but I used a necro to cash farm the earlier levels. The necro was out-'cashing' the pally up until the pally was L42ish (i.e. Avalon City xping) the Pally was earning more cash simply coz of group speed killing mobs. But at least my necro gave my pally something like 1.5pp before he got to L40. (necro was about L40...pally now 49 and necro left standing at 42).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom