Necro vs Stealthers

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
While I'm posting so much this afternoon, I thought I'd ask about combatting stealthers.

I've been getting attacked quite a lot in DF recently when I've been XPing by solo SBs. I have no BB, and only the standard Necro buffs (48 Sight & 24 Servant).

I haven't managed to win a fight with an SB once - the best I've managed so far is to reduce one to 50%.

Now, some wait until I'd finished fighting a mob before attacking and others would attack, get me to a shade above death then stop and let mob kill me.

What can I do to stand a better chance against stealthers generally? Is there a series of options I can follow, or am I to just accept that I am as good as dead if targetted, and that's it?

To lower the chance of getting killed while fighting a monster, I adopted the practise of QC my AOE while in combat, and hoping it would destealth anyone nearby. I also do this before and after a pull.

Apart from that, the only thing I can think of doing is to cast a HoT immediately that I get BS'd or PA'd.

I'd be interested to read any advice from any other Necros who farm DF regularly for methods of combatting stealthers which actually work.

TIA :)

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
I think the key to win is a buffbot and a SC armor set with capped melee resists tbh

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
yeah i usually try and kill the pet and take great pleasure in watching the necro panic as a bunch of mobs close in on him. nothing you can do about except make a /release macro :)

fotm

Fledgling Freddie
with unbuffed pet there isnt much you can do, i usally 4 shot them before you notice me and start casting
uber buffed pet, thats another story, i hit for like 20dmg :/

Frostor

Fledgling Freddie
if i can solo a purp nightmare/spider im quite sure i can solo an sb

btw
before patch i once solo'd a orange Mahr +2sb's
although they werent buffed but still ...

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
No, don't listen to Prisma - the fewer necros who can play their class properly, the better ;d

kirennia

Part of the furniture
1) Get a buffbot otherwise the SBs you fight which are buffed are just like fighting 2 non-buffed people.

2) Don't hunt pre-50 in an RvR zone

3)Save your FP and use it only in case of bring jumped + be lucky :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom