Necro Stats question

Drahminn

Fledgling Freddie
Now ive heard some things about the necro pet and such id like to clarify...

Some stats transfer from the necro to its pet.

Is this at the point the pet is summoned? or can you change the gear you are wearing for different situations?

Which stats move over?

If you fully buff the necro and let it summon a pet, does the pet start with higher stats than usual? or is it stats from just items which transfer?

Does cast speed/attack speed etc. transfer from necro to pet?

Does +HP move over to pet?

Anything else specifically that would help about buffs affecting a necro pet? like using red buffs on a pet because they have no stat cap, is this true of a necro pet?

Thanks for all your answers in advance.

pbaz

Fledgling Freddie
At summoning, only your hits are important in transferring to the pet.

This is why you will see people talk about their summoning suit. Usually 3 or 4 items can provide you with +400 hits, +101 con and this will give your pet maximum HP's when summoned. Only the +HP and +con from items transfers to the pet. Your "natural" or buffed shade HP's or con will not affect the summoned hits of the pet.

After summoning, you then remove your summoning suit and swap to your "normal" suit. Here, there are a number of things that transfer to the pet:

1 - Dex. You must have +101 dex in your regular suit. This is the only way to ensure you get 3 nukes per FP. Only +dex from items transfer to the pet, your natural dex (or buffed dex) as a shade does not affect the pet. This is, in my opinion, the most important stat in your regular suit.

2 - Resists. Resists all passively transfer from shade to pet, including your "natural" (race) resists, your resists from items and any buff resists. There is no reason why a necro can't cap all resists easily.

These are the only two critical stat(s) that transfer from shade to pet after summoning. Obviously, there are other stats you will want to include in your regular SC suit (such as +int for the shade and +str so you can carry more loot :)).

As for buffs, the shade should have dex, dex/qui and int - this will reduce the cast-time of shade-cast spells. The pet should have everything except spec AF and int - this will make his absorb massive and allow you to get 3 nukes off per FP. Pets should always get red buffs! As you mention, they have no buff-cap, so they benefit fully from the higher spec buffs. You may also find it harder to get 3 nukes per FP if you use yellow buffs on the pet (although there are reports of people managing with yellow buffs and +25% ToA buff bonus. I haven't personally tested this, though).

Drahminn

Fledgling Freddie
Okay let me see if i understand this fully.

Upon summoning the pet, the only thing that transfers is con and hits. This builds a very solid pet when starting and are the only stat that is actively passed to the pet.

Once the pet with mucho HP is summoned then the stats which transfer to the pet are dex and item resists. I need to make sure i have enough dex as possible on my normal shade.

Just curious why i dont buff the pet with spec AF? Surely this would raise its AF and help with absorb?

Int will help with the casted lifetap the necro casts for pet to "shout" and strength for the necro to carry stuff that drops.

Im sure even though you have +25% buff bonus gear on a bot, the extra stats provided by red specs rather than yellow ones would help anyway, but the beneficial limit is derrived by the ability to get 3 casts (powertaps or such) in a single FP (facilitate painworking?)

In summary

Con kit
Summon pet
Normal kit with +dex which aids cast speed of shade and the pet (Dex actively transfers) +str for items and +int for the shades lifetap. Also melee and magic resists from items.
Buff shade with dex q/d +int, buff pet with everything bar spec af (beyond me why not) and int.
FP should be able to do 3 nukes.

2 questions,

whats the best method for getting FP to work, sometimes i press it slightly out of time and fire a "dud" one which doesnt do anything, the noise for the FP doesnt sound and the casts i make are interupted.

TOA % bonuses, do any of those transfer?

Sorao

Fledgling Freddie
the best way to get FP to work is cast it jsut after pet attaks then it sould work 99% of the time

Jimmyjr

Fledgling Freddie
Sorao said:
the best way to get FP to work is cast it jsut after pet attaks then it sould work 99% of the time

They changed Fp so it works all the time even if the pet is in the middle of casting a spell alrdy.

Drahminn

Fledgling Freddie
Ahh, pants :(

haste works on hib mobs, that kinda sucks tbh :(

Drahminn

Fledgling Freddie
Think thats it for the questions, wasnt at all like i had assumed!

Thanks to all who have contributed to putting my mind at ease and educating me a little better.

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom