Necro RA spec?

K

Kurik BHM

Strike the Soul Active 30 min. 10pts 25% more difficult to resist caster's spells for 60 seconds.

this any good?

K

Kurik BHM

what RAs should necros get... what do u guys have?

WP MOM.... purge any good ?

J

Jiggs

was in dartmoor on PvP server and i got the WORST staff i have ever seen:

necro only
+8death servant
+7 intell

and............NO focus

lol :D

erm sorry i don't know anything about necro RAs :D but that staff sucked imo ;)

B

belth

MCL, Aug Acuity2, WP and MoM as high as you can get. Possibly consider getting Wild Arcana1, just to have a possibility of critting on debuffs. Maybe Serenity1, for those times you're oop and waiting for MCL to go back up.

Purge? Doesn't work on your pet.
Necro RA? When you cast a spell, you're considered a lvl62.5 character during the RA's time is the only explanation I've read about it. In short, don't waste points :p

K

Kurik BHM

thanx

what bout moc... i assume that doesnt work either

D

Draylor

As far as I can tell the necro unique RA you mention above doesnt work properly. See http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=45809429 for some of the usual VN board style information

It seems there are a bunch of RAs that do little/nothing for necros. For a start purge cant be used against mez/stun since it will be passed to pet and sit in the pets spell queue until mez/stun wears off :rolleyes: See http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=46099184 for a few comments on what does/doesnt work.

Edit: Or alternatively just read what Belth posted while I was posting this ;)

K

Kurik BHM

and does avoidance of magic transfer to pet?

D

Draylor

As for AoM - from thread linked in my prev post
Last time I checked before my account ran out (1.59)with a spiritmaster friend.
I dropped all cold items and only bonus being from aom3.
He got no negatives:/ but if i released the pet he got negatives on me

B

belth

Well, atleast there isn't a lot of planning needed for necro's RAs, like when to get what :p

FA1 might be an option, don't you just hate it when your pet dies and you have to run?

D

Draylor

Heh, but by the time the combat timer expires to be able to use FA1 youll be dead ;)

J

jox

Why not try out Veil Recovery? Some necros on the US-servers think its great.

S

Sloth

I read that the Necro RA,
Don't work when in a shade :eek:

B

belth

Re: ...

Originally posted by jox
Why not try out Veil Recovery? Some necros on the US-servers think its great.

I'm sure it's great for SBs :rolleyes:

B

Belomar

Wild Minion should probably be useful for any pet class that relies on their pet as much as necros do (provided it works for necros). Cerdin is matter and thus does not rely on his pet so much, and I am still thinking of using 1 RA point to get it. I'm not even sure whether pets can crit without any points in Wild Minion at all?

T

Tigerius

Not having any use for normal stats and RAs I see great possibilities to try out alternative options.

Serenity, MCL, Raging Power are always interesting, but what about buying them all and acting as power battery for your party? Make your cleric happy.

Mastery of Water, because you just KNOW you think its ridicilous shades are slowed down by "swimming".

Etheral Bond as above for roleplaying reasons, I mean a Necro must be like the master of etheral bonding?

Lifter & Aug Str because you just know how overpowered it will be to operate siege weaponry in shademode.

Honestly speaking Aug Acu, WP, MoM, MCL is the obvious start. MotA, WA, WM, Lifter, Etheral Bond, Ser and FA as higher RR options.

Users who are viewing this thread