Necro Question

Runis*

Fledgling Freddie
Lo :drink:

Do necro's actually get the full function of artifacts? I mean (for example) if a necro had som would the abs buff go to the pet or just stay on the shade?

And do +hits go to the pet aswell? I know dex/con/str/quickness(?) does. Not sure about qui

Thx in advance

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
ive heard +hits does... what i want 2 know though

does the stats of the caster only matter when casting the pet? i.e. could a lvl 20 necro wear a full set of lvl 50 crafted SCed cloth, capping all stats, get buffed, cast the pet, thent ake off the armor and cancel the buffs, then buff the pet? wouldnt this allow a necro 2 wear 1 set of armor from 20-50 without loosing any con on the armor? :D

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
I know peeps who have a "summon suit"..purely for casting, with
+26 con cap
+400hp cap

Then, when pet is cast change to the normal, SCed suit for everyday use.
And, because of the decay rate of the Necro+Arti combo...you would prolly wear the arti out before you got it to lvl 1 (o:

As for the normal suit, i was told that this should be ok
......CAP ALL.....
Con
Dex
Int
+ melee resist (crush, thrust & slash)
THEN
+11 Sight
+11 Servant

That is what i am prolly gonna be heading for with mine...nice and simple. No fuss or farting about. Even i should manage that.
As for temps..use the search function on here, i did...got a few nice ideas on artis to play with. And, some damn fine templates too.

Chesnox

Fledgling Freddie
Necros basically won;t get benefit from anything that procs, since (as long as the pet lives) the Necro never actually gets hit, so reactive procs are kinda useless. Therefore artifacts such as SoM are almost useless for necros.

Most Necros will use a summoning suit when summoning the pet. They will find rog with str, con, +hits etc.. (in fact trying to cap every stat that is transferred to the pet on summoning). They will then replace that rog with more rog that has casting stats on it. My necro had a rog suit that I wore from around lvl40 that I never repaired. I just let it degrade to 70% con, and all the necro loses doing this are any +skills bonuses. All other stats work even when the item is at 70% con.

As for buffing and summoning suits. Normal rules apply, the maximum stat value you can transfer to your pet will be when you are capped. But your pet also has a cap (based on its level). This cap on the pets stats is actually pretty easy to achieve, and doesn't (iirc) require a buffed caster and a buffed pet, since the pet is 5 or so levels lower than the caster anyway. Summoning suits are basically much more worth it for necros who don't have a bb. If you have a bb, I really think a summoning suit is a waste of time.

AS for artifacts in general, there is little point necros getting them really imho (except the really easy ones like Traldors etc..). When I saw the rate at which non-artifacts degraded on my lvl50 necro, I kinda gave up any notion of getting most of the slow to level uber artis to lvl10 before they borked to 0% dur. Mythic should really fix this, but hey....

Runis*

Fledgling Freddie
Ok - And Realm Abilitys, Purge?! wtf would a necro need purge cmon, whats the 15sec CM in aid of? yay i'll purge then cast my 15 sec pet-CM and by the time it's finished casting i'll either be dead or the mezz would of wore off :< Also what is Strike the Soul? :clap:

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Look to cap con and hits on the summon suit
On the normal suit look to cap dex,resists,int ect

Str does not transfer to the pet.

As for any equipment only +skills stop working when the item reaches 70% so no need to repair them.I was running around in Sidi armour at lvl 20 :p

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Strength and Quickness DO! transfer to the pet. Strength makes the pet hit harder in melee, quickness makes the pet swing faster. I'm 100% sure about this.

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
Strength and Quickness DO! transfer to the pet. Strength makes the pet hit harder in melee, quickness makes the pet swing faster. I'm 100% sure about this.

Well, having read the VN Boards exhaustively I'd suggest you are wrong about Str. Apparently it does NOT transfer to the pet. I have not done extensive testing with my Necro personally, but Fin did scream in pain a few nights ago when we did a little buff testing, so that may be indicitive? ;)

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:

Still 100% sure? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom