Necro pets and cleric buffs

C

cHodAX

I was playing my necro today and noticed that cleric spec/base con don't *seem* to give the pet any more hit points. Dex seems to have an effect so I might be wrong about the con. Anyone clarify how it actually works?

G

Graknak

well if you refer to not seeing the hp increase it's the fact that any buff on any pet is automatically processed. So a pet that gets +con gets his max hp right away when the buff kicks in. No-one will notice it's getting more hp when cast but it does get it.

O

old.Sohawen

All con gives pet absorb thingy tell me if im wrong

S

Sharma

Originally posted by old.Sohawen
All con gives pet absorb thingy tell me if im wrong

Yes it works as abs for the pet, im unsure about the amount though, i have tried a level 50 necro recently with 50 enh cleric with mota VI, i must say, the pet took an amazing amount of beating as its health hardly fell :p

C

cHodAX

Ok thanks, I am using the greater necroservant pet at the moment which seems to have low hit points to start with. I guess the buffs are helping, it would just be nice to see how much :)

B

bigchief

Every 6 points of con = 1% absorb.

Hence a fully buffed necro pet in rvr can take an utter beating in melee and not have its HP move.

lvl44 pet = 44%absorb
+ lvl48 absorb buff = 53%absorb
+ 50con buff = 61% (ish)
+ 75 spec con buff = 73%absorb

Obviously this doesnt effect casters damage against the pet but in melee especially when combined with a lifetap its :clap:

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by bigchief

Hence a fully buffed necro pet in rvr can take an utter beating in melee and not have its HP move.

lvl44 pet = 44%absorb
+ 50con buff = 61% (ish)

Obviously this doesnt effect casters damage against the pet but in melee especially when combined with a lifetap its :clap:

Blimey so with 50enh and MoA4 it will be pushing 78% absorb, that is insane :)

C

Cybwyn

I'm also told that if your pet has red bordered base and spec DEX buffs you can get 3 casts in during FP; I've not tested it though yet.

I

ilienwyn

yes with 50enh buffs you can do 3 spells in qc

C

cHodAX

Guys this is going to make me look like a complete n00b but how the hell do I use FPW properly? I manage to get off one extra power tap if I am lucky so I know I am messing something up.

C

Cathul

Originally posted by bigchief

lvl44 pet = 44%absorb
+ 50con buff = 61% (ish)

Don't forget that _now_ the highest base-const-buff gives 60 const and the highest speccbuff gives 86 const. ;)

Caps are non-existant on high-lvl buffs, so i guess it's possible to have more than 80% absorb on a necropet with buffs from a 50 enhance cleric and even more with moa IV.

/Cathul

O

old.Morchaoron

Then what exactly does death servant do to your pet?

I've heard from enchanters with 'full' enchant spec that their pet is much stronger then other non-enchant enchanters (sound silly) when both are unbuffed...

so i'd figure spirit is the cabalist pet spec
and deathservant is the necro pet spec

but, i dont really know in which way it makes them stronger (more hps? damage??)

anyone who knows? :p

N

Nalikin

Chodax , with FP wait for the pet to swing its weapon then hit FP immediatly follwed by spell ( powertap or lifetap ) wait for the pet to start casting and hit the spell again , you#ll get 2 spells off during FP , does take a bit of practice though

B

bigchief

Originally posted by old.Morchaoron
Then what exactly does death servant do to your pet?

I've heard from enchanters with 'full' enchant spec that their pet is much stronger then other non-enchant enchanters (sound silly) when both are unbuffed...

so i'd figure spirit is the cabalist pet spec
and deathservant is the necro pet spec

but, i dont really know in which way it makes them stronger (more hps? damage??)

anyone who knows? :p

None

In fact with a buffbot the toughest spec is sight. Without a BB sight/pain are joint (as the con buff in pain ~ same as a 9% sight absorb buff).

Servant gives a focus shield, and is the spec for the heal. So less variance on heals and the pet melee's to kill stuff.

:(

K

kr0n

Originally posted by sharma
Yes it works as abs for the pet, im unsure about the amount though, i have tried a level 50 necro recently with 50 enh cleric with mota VI, i must say, the pet took an amazing amount of beating as its health hardly fell :p

Mota 6, thats nice.

A

AbPoon

Hitting a fully buffed pets like hitting BOF.

Annoying :p

G

Graknak

...and hitting a fully buffed pet WITH BoF ... well you figure out the math ;)

S

shadowmonkey

Of Course
all RA' s stack to buffs

used to living da vida loca with my chanter/drood

buffed pets, are beasts, necro/chanter/cab/SM/BD

I think Mythic is working on nerfing pets though, well at least on foc shield

Users who are viewing this thread