Necro...Nuker or Melee ?

T

tazzke

http://www.cryptofalbion.com/

After reading the forum i see there are 2 ways to level the necro class.

Going all pet = quite good melee, but vs real tanks i think the pet won't last too long to kill much

Going caster-style = good at range...still have the pet, but not as powerfull as a wiz class (dunno how powerfull this spec really is)

Or go a bit of both?

Any ideas what you will be doing in a month or 3 ? :)

O

old.Wildfire

I'm personally going full deathsight, will respec at 50 if death servant proves to be the more effective rvr spec. Deathsight is however much closer to what I'm used to and appeals to me more, so hopefully it'll be just as powerful.

B

Belomar

Unfortunately, Wildfire, you won't be able to respec at 50, since single-line respecs are only at levels 20 and 40 (and no full respec for new characters). That means deciding before level 40 on what you want to do with your character.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Belomar
Unfortunately, Wildfire, you won't be able to respec at 50, since single-line respecs are only at levels 20 and 40 (and no full respec for new characters). That means deciding before level 40 on what you want to do with your character.

Geez, how many times does this need to be repeated?

T

tazzke

Deathsight
The Deathsight line of spells is the main "nuking" line for Necromancers. It involves the use of Lifetaps and Powertaps to drain the target of either life or power. They are very powerful spells and excellent for the various RVR targets you will encounter in the frontier. You also gain a powerful absorption buff, which can be cast by the pet and on any realm target. This means you can effectively increase the absorption of your realmmates for 10 minutes.

The "absorption" seems nice for groups...but will people invite a necro for it?

Painworking
The Painworking line of spells is the damage over time line. It consists of several poisoning spells, which gradually kill your prey. There is also a powerful debuff spell, which drops the STR and CON of your opponents. As with each line, there is a pet buff, STR/CON. This line is wonderful for those that wish to be strong in group-based RVR, rather than the solo hunt.

Pure support class Necro...besides the debuffs...might get boring pretty quick

Death Servant
The Death Servant line of spells is dedicated to the pet. Most Necros who desire to be strong in melee go with this line, because it caters so much to the pet. The most important spell, of course, is the summoning spells. This summons the pet. They take 20 seconds to cast, and this is to avoid any possible exploits or the ability for necros to quickly recast one in RVR. They should be punished if they die ;) ... not rewarded!!! The pet heal is based off of your spec in this line, so if you don't want too much variance in your heals, spec a bit in Death Servant! You also get a PBAE DD spell, powerful damage shield, DEX/QUI buff for your pet, and a small shout spell that you can cast in battle.

This seems the most "fun" spec of all...pet doing the work..getting a shout (usefull in RvR to interupt other casters)
Only prob...blue con pet, even with the damage shield (which many beta players seem to like a lot...)

Think i might start with Death Servant spec...bit of Deathsight...

Only thing i might regret about this class...when pet being killed...you have like 10% hp left...so pet dead = player dead in 99% of the case...unless there is a cleric around to heal pretty quick

O

old.Wildfire

oh, fine

shows how much i know about respecs :)

F

Feac_

i watched a lvl 50 necro and a lvl 50 armsman duel on pendragon the armsman died very quickly, when the necro dueled a fire wizard the necro died quickly :D

O

old.Wildfire

try the duel again now that necros have resists :)

W

-Wedge-

Wow, that would be the first class that a Firewizard could kill in a duel... :clap:

F

Feac_

Oh and i forgot Friars are good against them too :D not that i biased or anything :DFriars rock didnt take a screenie of the actual fight was too busy watching :/

T

tazzke

Well....people finally see that friars are good damage dealers (as 50% of albs start an alt infil, other 40% a friar)

Anyone experience with other SI classes ?

Bonedancer seems pretty good also...too bad he's a Midgard char... :p

Would luve to hear the "stories" US beta players have about SI

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom