Necro nerf or not necro nerf? That is the question.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
I'm considering respeccing from Deathsight to Servant but have heard that the forthcoming NF patch will nerf the necro facilitate painworking spell. Apparently FP will only allow the cast of one spell following it, rather than the usual 2 (or 3 if you're 'all dexxed up'). Presumably, if being attacked, your pet would be interrupted if you attempt to cast more than once after FP. I've found the following in the 1.70 patch notes:
"- Facilitate Painworking (the Necromancer quickcast spell) now works identically to other list casters' Quickcast ability. Previously it had a very small chance of failure when fighting higher level opponents."

Please can anyone confirm or shed any light.

Thanks in advance,
Sift.

Novac

Fledgling Freddie
From what ive heard the qcast FP wont fail anymore. so works like a normal caster qcast but what ive heard also it still has the same time thingie so u can get 3 spells off with it if lucky. its harder in NF ive heard. but dunno.. didnt try a necro in gorre cause those being so boring:)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
I heard something along them lines but ive also heard it just means it wont fail anymore.
Can always try it for a bit and if its the same use the free respec we get in NF , aslong as you dont level before you use it ofc.
Hopefully wont be too long a wait to find out (fingers crossed) :)

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the responses so far. I was planning to use NF respec to respec my necro. What I'll prolly do is wait for NF, roll a new necro, level and test out quickcast in combat. Saves wasting a respec eh? ;)

Regards,
Sift.

Crowley

Fledgling Freddie
Tried a necro on gorre, was able to get 2 cast off after FP
when trying for 3 ,it made the animation but did not cast the last one

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Crowley said:
Tried a necro on gorre, was able to get 2 cast off after FP
when trying for 3 ,it made the animation but did not cast the last one

50enh buffed with full dex bonuses from armour?

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
All you need to get 3 casts off after FP is red base dex or even just yellow base dex if your buffs are cast with the full amount of toa stat buff enhancement items equipped. FP works reliably for me *almost* everytime if I cast it just after the pet swings and follow up immediately with the appropriate spells, making sure that there are no more than 2 in the spell queue at any one time.

Cheers,
Sift.

Shrye

One of Freddy's beloved
From what I understood from reading vnboards, is that they can only get off 2 spells with FP in 1.70+ (read up on it as I levelled necro on camlann), to get that third cast, they need capped buffs and 26 dex cap equipment.

Use at own discretion, it's from vnboards after all :p

Eroa

Banned
I havnt heard anything, I play 1.72 and I play a necro there aswell. The FP is as it was before you just have to time it a little better now then before, make sure you have nothing in you spell queue then it works just fine, with red buffs there should be no problem getting off 3 spells

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Shrye said:
From what I understood from reading vnboards, is that they can only get off 2 spells with FP in 1.70+ (read up on it as I levelled necro on camlann), to get that third cast, they need capped buffs and 26 dex cap equipment.

Use at own discretion, it's from vnboards after all :p
Play 1.72 in the US and can still get 2 casts off with FP (only have uncapped RoG armour and 35 Enhance buffs). Can't comment on the 3 casts as I don't have the equipment to test, but I suspect it may be true.

Sevant necros are better for farming from what I can see, but you need a bot spec cleric and SC on the necro to make it work well.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Yay! Respec on its way when NF gets here then. Thanks for all the responses.

Cheers,
Sift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom