Necro levelling advise please...

D

Danamyr

I rolled a Necro yesterday, and dinged Lvl 20 tonight. I need to know where to hunt now up to Lvl 30 please.

I was at the BB on Salisbury Plains, but a group of lower levels came so I left so they could XP.

I'm a bit stuck as to where to go now. The small Legionnaires in Cornwall are too low. There is too much aggro around the villa, so that's out too.

Thanks in advance ;)

V

villageidiot

Originally posted by Danamyr

I was at the BB on Salisbury Plains, but a group of lower levels came so I left so they could XP.

shouldnt that be..

a group of lower was at the BB on Salisbury Plains, but i came so so they couldnt XP.

or at least its the case for 99% of the other necros

D

Danamyr

Re: Re: Necro levelling advise please...

Originally posted by villageidiot
shouldnt that be..

a group of lower was at the BB on Salisbury Plains, but i came so so they couldnt XP.

or at least its the case for 99% of the other necros

No mate. I turned up and both spots were empty. I XP'd there for 30 mins without interuption. A full group of lower characters arrived, so I decided to leave and let them XP there. I realise that Necros have a very bad rap at the moment, so I am certainly not going to add to it.

Why is it that people are so cynical on the forums? There are honest people out there - I have some wonderful groups with my characters - I don't suddenly become a tosser because I log my Necro ;)

O

old.LandShark

That's not honest, it's downright self-mugging ;p

F

-frostor-

not ur fault u can handle a spawn urself

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

You could try and have a look in SI a bit. There is a nice spot nearish Caer Caddug (nr. Avalon City) which is populated by grey ghosts. Can't remember what level mobs they are but you should be able to XP there for at least 3-4 levels.

...until some higher level necros turn up wih b00f bots in tow and decimate the place leaving you to stew in a seething cauldron of hatred and fury.

Search for Necro leveling guide on this forum and Wildfire's guide will turn up in one of the posts. It is quite a good leveling guide but it is better to try and find your own spots because you will find about 10 necros trying to share each of the spots listed.

Oh yea, stop trying to redeem necros in the eyes of other players. We are a bane on normal groups and we like it that way. :p

I

ilienwyn

The romans near catacombs and for higher lvl the villa should be ok
One other place that is deserted all the time is tepok but i don't know if they are spirit weak (some are i think).
I went there today for (propably) my first time only to do the quests :)

B

belth

Getting shitloads more money than other classes solo is nice.

Pull from the hill near the villa if the mobs are suitable con, just out of aggro range from the patrols. Worked for me.

P

Pin

up to 23, go to the roman villa in cornwall.

then 23-27 the grey ghosts around the SE of avalon isle are good.

from there to about level 40 there's plenty around avalon isle. after that try the dales of devwy, caldey and finally gwyddneau.

V

villageidiot

Re: Re: Re: Necro levelling advise please...

Originally posted by Danamyr
No mate. I turned up and both spots were empty. I XP'd there for 30 mins without interuption. A full group of lower characters arrived, so I decided to leave and let them XP there. I realise that Necros have a very bad rap at the moment, so I am certainly not going to add to it.

Why is it that people are so cynical on the forums? There are honest people out there - I have some wonderful groups with my characters - I don't suddenly become a tosser because I log my Necro ;)

easy tiger

not being nasty just commenting on how it USUALLY is with necros.

it would be nice if the 95% of em that think its there mythic given right to take over every camp spot, just once asked

"is it ok if i camp here too mate?"

then you can say

"no bugger off"

altho i guess the response to that would be "tuff titty" and camp there anyway

D

Danamyr

Originally posted by fl_gorre
somebody needs to giv google a marketing budgets :/
to many peeps asking the same Q's again out of lasiness

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=47857483&replies=20

BW is my first stop shop for all things DAoC...I went back four pages and couldn't find anything specifically answering my question so I posted.

I already have the Necro levelling guide from VN Boards, but TBH I don't really trust it a great deal. I have found the level ranges for some of the mobs to be wholly unrealistic. I'd rather get the answer from people I trust.

Sorry if that's narked you mate :(

Users who are viewing this thread