Necro (deathsight spec) Levelling guide

D

darbey

Pulled this off the vn Boards, an excellent level guide on mobs vulnerable to spirit as compiled by Fedifensors 3rd revision list.

Link Below

http://vnboards.ign.com/message.asp?topic=44744172&page=3

Copied it below for convenience. NB Credit to Fedifensor for this.

Necro Levelling Guide

1-3: Skeletons - Moldy, Puny, Rotting, standard (various locations)
2-3: Decayed Zombies (various locations)
2-4: Headless Dead (Isle of Glass)
3-5: Zombie Sow (Camelot Hills)
4-6: Large Skeletons (various locations)
5-6: Soggy Skeletons (Isle of Glass)
5-7: Undead Filidh (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
7-11: Undead Druid (Camelot Hills, Salisbury Plains)
7-15: Tomb of Mithra - all monsters
8-11: Ghosts (Isle of Glass)
8-11: Boulderings (Camelot Hills)
10-12: Large Boulderings (North Black Mountains)
12-14: Wind Mephit (Salisbury Plains)
13-15: Mud Golems (Avalon Marsh)
13-16: Sodden Warriors, Drowned, Bugganes (Isle of Glass)
15-17: Quicksand (Avalon Marsh)
16-18: Small Skeletal Centurion (Cornwall)
16-18: Ghoul Footmen (Avalon Marsh)
17-19: Skeletal Legionaires (Cornwall)
18-22: Ghoul Knights, Ghoul Lords (Avalon Marsh, often in groups)
19-22: Faint Grim (Snowdonia)
21-23: Undead Apple Trees, Seedsman (Isle of Glass Border, Seedsman plant the trees)
24-29: Grey Ghosts (Isle of Glass border)
27-30: Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
27-28: Legionaires (Cornwall)
28-35: Catacombs of Cordova (most monsters)
29-36: Dunters (Lyonesse)
29-34: Undead Apple Gatherers (Near Wearyall)
32-33: Bwguls and Undead Monks (Llyn Barfog)
32-38: Undead Marshmen and Grangers (Near Wearyall)
35-40: Danoian Clerks (Lyonesse)
35-40: Granite Giants (Dartmoor)
38-41: Undead (North and East of Caddug Keep)
38-41: Tomb Keepers (Barrows)
39-42: Danoian Fisherman (Lyonesse)
39-42: Soultorns (Darkness Falls)
39-41: Bean Sidhe (Lyonesse, night spawn)
40-42: Echo room (Barrows)
40-45: Danoian Farmers (Lyonesse)
41-45: Mountain Lights (behind Caer Diogel)
42-43: Druid Skeletons (Barrows)
42-45: Danaoin Sailors (Lyonesse)
44-48: Spectral Essences, Spiritual Advisors, Vigilant Souls (Barrows)
44+: Headless corpses, grasping ghouls, defiled skeletons, ebon skeletons, phantom magi (Caldey)
45-48: Moorliches (Lyonesse)
45-48: Pikemen (Lyonesse)
45+: Ecto Minions (Caldey)
45+: Pitch Skeletons (Camp above Cliffton)
46+: Wight Ramp, Celts or Skeletal Druids (Barrows)
46+: White Lights (Caldey)
47+: Undead Pikemen, Priests of Arawn (Lyonnesse)
48+: Danaoin Soldiers (Lyonesse)
48+: Ghoul Desicrators (Gwyddneau)
48+: Grannies (Emain Macha)
48+: Shark-Bitten Corpses (near Caer Sidi)
49+: Cyhraeths (Frontier, near Caer Berkstead)
50: Ancient Zombies, Dread Liches, Blood Liches, Lich Lords (often requires a group)

O

old.Wildfire

oh hi gawain.

edit: btw thats a nice list of undead but a lot of those are really shitty spawns - the level estimates are way out in some cases too (eg. farmers at 40, lol)

May I refer you here for a list that includes only good camps, and viable mobs. There are times when undead are inconvenient and you will level faster on neutral mobs - for example drakorans will make you hit your exp cap (or thereabouts) every kill, and are very nice and soloable.

Soloing a necro is unfortunately not as simple as looking up mobs that are weak to spirit and checking them against your level.

Pretty typical VN post now that I come to think of it :wall:

D

darbey

Hmm Gawain?

Gawain has his own bw account dont think he needs mine.

Appreciate the feedback and I did check your list before wild and although it was useful , the one i pulled off the board does have a number of alternative areas and lets face it it was revised a number of times following feedback from a number of necros so im sure it has some value. I have found it useful so im sure others will.

O

old.shotgunstow

Those mob locations don't look very favourable for soloing fast to 50... isle of glass -> camelot hills -> isle of glass -> camelot hills and all that travelling just to get to lvl 5 ;) They may be vulnerable to spirit but I think the minimal downtime with mobs resistant to spirit would be favourable to travelling so much !

D

darbey

Lol u dont have to stick to it religiously , its just options. Alternatively get yourself a minser bott.

I dont know i post this as ive found it helpful and people nit pick. Just really encourages people to be helpful

Sigh

K

Khalen

Necro just needs loads of yellow spawn to get xp rate as groups. If they have spirit weakness it's easier to kill fast. Best spots so far I found where Druids outside Mithra, Disturbed Presences in Campacorentin and Danaoin Clerks in Lyonesse.

N

nerve

Faint grims...

I have a question bout these faint grims btw,

I only find 4 of em (stacked for that matter, lol), right near the arawnite camp when you come down from Snow fortress. too bad they respawn really slowly (and only at night for that matter). Does anyone know another spot for these lil' bastards ? they give rather good xp :)

D

Draylor

Nerve youve found one of the many mobs on that list that although weak to spirit do not make a good xp spot for a necro.

The list is intended as showing mobs weak to spirit, and the level you can kill them at while gaining reasonable xp. It is not meant as a powerlevel guide, so many mobs with slow/small spawns, day/night only spawns etc are listed.

At that level either the ghouls in av marsh, or maybe the undead apple trees/apple snatchers in avalon isle will probably work better for you.

N

nerve

Thanx Draylor,

I was kinda in the neighbourhood (lvl 20 epic which I'll keep for lvl 23 or so cause of damn adds at Barfog tower...) and thus decided to check em out... Guess I'll indeed go back to the ghouls, although I'm not too fond of the way they're spread around the area and kinda pop on top of ya...

D

Draylor

Maybe try the undead apple trees then. Large spawn - which are "planted" by the seedsmen. Initially they are grey cons, "growing" into aggro higher levels after 20-30 seconds. Unless your exceptionally talented its very difficult to die to one spawning ontop of you :p

O

old.Wildfire

Yeah I laughed at the grannies too at the time, even though several people who should know better told me repeatedly that I should go and do them :)

P

Pin

Undead apple trees are actually neutral to spirit ;)

If you're lazy and don't want to move often, then:

For ~15-22 you can stay at the roman villa in cornwall and do the small skeletal centurions -> skeletal legionaires -> skeletal centurions.

Plenty of spawn, don't need to move far for ages.

23-29 gray ghosts are easily the best I've found (3 spawns)

29-36 undead apple gatherers -> undead marshmen + gangers (all around Wearyall)

(that's more than 20 easy levels from a total of 3 campsites ;) )

D

Draylor

Yup, the undead apple trees are neutral to spirit - but so what? They die fast and theres lots of them - I certainly levelled fast enough there :)

Undead apple gatherers are a great spot. Just over wearyall hill from the town. They arent the fastest to respawn, but there should be enough to keep you busy constantly.

Undead marshmen/gangers were a bit of a pain when I tried them. It seemed to involve too much running around for my tastes. Maybe I was just being even more impatient than usual at that time ;) Theyre marked as 32-38 on the original list, I wouldnt suggest going there at 32.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Draylor

Undead marshmen/gangers were a bit of a pain when I tried them. It seemed to involve too much running around for my tastes. Maybe I was just being even more impatient than usual at that time ;) Theyre marked as 32-38 on the original list, I wouldnt suggest going there at 32.

Then you were at the wrong spot. East of Wearyall (along the coast) there's a HUGE spawn of them (keep going east psat the first small spawn). Daytime you get marshmen/gangers (orange/red at 31), nighttime you corpse lanterns (will be yellow at 31).

B

benedictine

Thanks for your excellent list WF

Got my necro to 30 in 2 days 18 hrs (which is good for me since it took me several months to get Bene to 50 :p )

X

xevius

Or you do like 95% of the lvl 50 necroes so far and have a cabby power level u :chortle:

P

pilia

Originally posted by xevius
Or you do like 95% of the lvl 50 necroes so far and have a cabby power level u :chortle:

Or you just post some crap on bw :/

X

xevius

something wrong with the truth?
Want me to make up a bedtime story for you instead? :wub:

Users who are viewing this thread