Necro 1-20 In Pictures

O

old.Wildfire

Plz note I'm running a GF2 Ultra so while I can run the new engine, the new spell/water effects aren't in or dont look quite right :(

( PIC 1 ) - LEVEL OOONNNEEEEE. This pic serves no purpose other than being the first ever pic of my necro. Whee.
( PIC 2 ) - LOS abuse starts young, in camelot hills.
( PIC 3 ) - Went exploring, found camp of mobs, ganked them all. Levelled. Huzzah!
( PIC 4 ) - Ghosts. 30% spirit bonus. Dead before they arrive. No downtime. MWAHAHAHAHA.
( PIC 5 ) - Caer Gothwaite scenic pic #1,652,851
( PIC 6 ) - My first Drakoran. Got ganked by adds shortly after pic was taken :(
( PIC 7 ) - Purty sunset, crappy graphics card, so, rubbish water :(
( PIC 8 ) - ME! HONEST! <cough>
( PIC 9 ) - WHEEEEEE lvl 20. Giv emblem. Giv legionnaire servant. GIV GIV GIV GIV GIV.
( PIC 10 ) - More random LOS abuse, this time courtesy of the classic engine.

Fin.

E

Envenom2

just couple of questions are the pets tough? what con are they to you? the usual blue or yellow?

A

Apathy

I'm enjoying my necro so far. Fun, I guess.

But! For a change I made an animist on Pryd and once you get to lvl 5...woah! I went to a camp of yellow-cons and set down a few pets and then sat on my ass and watched in amazement as I went up a lvl in about 15 minutes. All I had to do was make sure I recast the turrets at the right time and didn't get aggro too much.

Once they went blue it was even easier! Two turrets and main pet on a fast spawning area...mwahahhaa! Nearly lvl 8 and total /played is around 1.5 hours.

Ahh...sweetness. Not like the HELL of necro lvling and fiddling around having to actually DO stuff.

a.

O

old.LandShark

Seems finnicky.
As far as I'm concerned, all these necros are just powertransfer bots for my madleet PBAE cravings.

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Envenom2
just couple of questions are the pets tough? what con are they to you? the usual blue or yellow?
Pets are blue con, so far they stand up to a beating fairly well. They have to - if the pet dies the mob will 1-shot whats left of the necro.

Their melee damage seems to be very low - but really with the spells the necro has you wouldnt expect anything else.

So far (lvl 20) its been fun exploring the new zones (well just 1 - Isle of Glass) with a new char. Feeling overpowered doesnt hurt at all :)

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Draylor

Feeling overpowered doesnt hurt at all :)

feel the power of the Hibernian magic flowing through your veins!

O

old.LandShark

Someone explain to me what necros are going to be doing in RvR? Aside from nuking with their 159 delve or whatever DD?
Right. Well, er, 'woo' :p

I used to be really enthusiastic about necros as an RvR class, then I found out that powertaps don't actually steal power from the enemy. Which would have been useful...

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

~stamps foot~

Stop talking about necros and GO AND GET OUR RELICS BACK! :D

B

BubbleCDR

Nice wildfire. Nice to get to lvl 20 in 2-3days. How'd you do it?. power leveld? :) come on tell mweee i just made a necro and at lvl 1 they seem nicebut im off school so i cant sleep since SI comes out. i must reach lvl 50!

J

Jiggs

anyone got into BG yet??

saw some reavers on pad but any necros yet?

B

Brynn

yea

Yea jiggs i was fighting with a necro in bg1. Iconnu i think his name was. He was in <Strife>. really nasty. everyone was asking him questions about being a necro.

T

Tilda

well my necros lvl 22 now althouigh havent played today,
they are very tough, once you get the knack of FP (mini MoC) your pretty unkillable.
oranges do down np's and generally I can do 4 yellows at a time without breaking a sweat, still finishing on full power and health.

Tilda

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Tilda
I can do 4 yellows at a time without breaking a sweat, still finishing on full power and health.

Tilda

Using a buffbot on your "second PC". :p

a.

O

old.Wildfire

tilda = buffbotted
me = not :p
(and 24 now yay)

E

Envenom2

im a lvl 23 Animist atm on PRYD and i have to say i think they will be owning in rvr u get a menty in the group they get 4 pets each up and running plus a controled pet thats 5! they nuke the shit out of anything that comes in range i dueled a NS today 3 lvls higher then me i casted shrooms and she didnt get 1 hit in lol.

They even get a PBT :p

Needless to say i wont be worried about any SBs/infils attacking me in fact il spamming laugh as they are dieing

D

Draylor

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Someone explain to me what necros are going to be doing in RvR?
At least until the next patch some serious LoS abuse at keep defences ;)

Had a brief chance to try this today in BG1 - hilarious. With 3 necros standing at doors noone could come within range and stay alive :) Maybe by the next time I visit BGs with my necro Ill learn to control the pet and not get myself killed every 2 minutes :rolleyes:

R

ricky_latino

.............in fact il spamming laugh as they are dieing

sorry, but watch out for tzee now :)

O

old.Tzeentch

well, he does it all the time on every kill, so nothing new there.

but seriously...

use some punctuation, burger king boy.

A

Apathy

Yeah, I'm not sure what to do in RvR...still got some way to go for lvl 24 though, so I will figure something out.

Probably just do what I do in Emain - run around ignoring everyone and blaming them when I die.

a.

T

Tilda

im a lvl 23 Animist atm on PRYD and i have to say i think they will be owning in rvr u get a menty in the group they get 4 pets each up and running plus a controled pet thats 5! they nuke the shit out of anything that comes in range i dueled a NS today 3 lvls higher then me i casted shrooms and she didnt get 1 hit in lol.

They even get a PBT :p

Needless to say i wont be worried about any SBs/infils attacking me in fact il spamming laugh as they are dieing

the problem is your fine when your standing still because afaik all your pets are ground targetted, so if u move u have to cast a new pet.
Tus if you move a necro can kill you easy.

To the person who wasked if we were PLed, no, its very easy to solo as a necr, oranges non-stop, and power tap manes u have no downtime.

Tilda

O

old.Wildfire

Tilda admit it, you have your 49? buffbot following you everywhere :p

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Tilda admit it, you have your 49? buffbot following you everywhere :p

not atm, i did on friday and thursday but im without it for a week because ive been packed off the relatives whiel my parents ski, so im stuck out of SI just on old crappy DAoC that barly runs on my laptop :(

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom