Nearly did it !

T

throdgrain

Yesterday I finally mamged to patch OpF to the right spec, actually entered a game only to get an options screeen with "cancel" highlighted and "start" not. I waited for a while then got disconnected.
Wtf was all that about then ?

W

Will

Heh, and I was there.

You need to drag your name onto one of the teams, then you can choose start.

W

Will

While we are at it, the default chat keys are "/" to talk, "." to change chat-mode (global, team, squad, vehicle, subtitles), and capslock for voice-comms.

T

throdgrain

Hehe I saw u on there for a nano second itchy :) Maybe longer next time !
cheers btw !

W

Will

No problem. I don't play on those paintball servers, I like my co-op games better, and a bit of CTF when I can be bothered. If you fancy a game sometime, pop into #wij or #bwgen and see if you can get my attention.

Failing that, try #clan_mcnp, I'm normally paying attention in there.

T

throdgrain

I just got on a server ! It was in italy or somewhere, but a reasonable ping. No idea what was going on but it was a good laugh, mostly cos i got to drive a jeep around this island with a lighthouse at the top :)
Then it was a valley map (co-op) but ihurt me leg jumping out of the heli and had to crawl200 m to a medic lol
Good Fun !

W

Will

It's a great game, isn't it? If only BW would set up some servers...

Have I been there already? ;)

T

throdgrain

Yeah it was a right larf going to have another go in a minute :)

/edit btw can you check ur ping in - game ?

W

Will

Not as far as I am aware, though I'm a relative n00b to all this, and could well be wrong.

K

*Kornholio*

hmmm... I just bought this game yesterday with the red hammer upgrade... all i can say is : How many times can one game crash in 20 minutes !?!?!?!

So what's the deal with online play ? Are there dedicated servers yet or is it peer to peer... any chance of arranging a game sometime ??

W

Will

There are a few dedicated servers, though most games are peer-to-peer. And the crashing issue...weird, I've not had any problems since the 1.4 patches. 1.10 was the worst, locking my system when I double clicked ;)

Have a look on a few ofp sites, The Lady Of Avon is very good.

T

throdgrain

This is unusual, Ive not had any problems with my op flash at all. I think the single player game is superb. Christ I dont even play sp games, but this one is so different from the standard clear one room go on to next room blah blah nonsense seen in so many games (for me) from doom onwards.
One thing , I finished the bit where you have to mine the road for the approaching tanks, then moved on in the personnel carrier to fight some more troops, but when they were all finished I was ordered back into the apc, but we just sat there. After a while i got out again, and there were two of our squad still in position. It said the mission was completed, and I was ordered back into the truck, but these two arkward buggers would not move.
In the end I got out and shot them in frustration, which resulted in me getting shot by the apc. Hey ho... Anyway , anyone know if you can order the others into the carrier ?

K

*Kornholio*

hmmm.. Ok, I'll have a look for the patches, although I thought the Red Hammer thing was all the update I needed... as for the crashing, it could be that it is installed on a dodgy part of one of my hdd's... if patching doesn't work, I'll try re-installing on another drive...

W

Will

Ah-ha, Red Hammer only takes you up to 1.30, while I'm running 1.46 myself. I can link you when I get home.

T

throdgrain

Hehe nice to have an Opflash thread going innit ? Cheers again for that irc stuff itchy m8 :)
One thing, although Ive installed Red Hammer there is no sign of it on any options screens ? Is ther on anyone elses ?

K

*Kornholio*

ahh... good stuff, thx ITF :)

I turned the res down to 800*600 last night & it didn't crash for the hour or so that I played it... I'll get those patches this evening & possibly invade a server somewhere ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom