Ne1 know a release date for the uk for catacombs?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Shadoo said:
Ne1 know a release date for the uk for catacombs?

2005 is a good guess,

not really sure as now there are 5 languages to patch and test

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
assuming late feb/early march 2005, like the previous expansions

Draylor

Part of the furniture
SI was February
TOA was February

But from what I remember those released in the US in November, this time Catacombs releases on US servers in December, so GOA probably wont get started on translations till a little later.

March seems like a good guess, until we're told otherwise.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
US releases:

Shrouded Isles - December 3, 2002
Trials of Atlantis - October 28, 2003
Catacombs - December 7, 2004

European releases:

Shrouded Isles - February 19, 2003 (78 days)
Trials of Atlantis - February 27, 2004 (120 days)

ToA release date was confirmed on January 28, 2004 by GOA. Considering the time its taken for New Frontiers to come, it seems they're a little bit slow at the moment. I'd say late March or early April, especially with the extra Italian testing involved.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
GReaper said:
Considering the time its taken for New Frontiers to come, it seems they're a little bit slow at the moment
Maybe, but since theyre already saying they have 1.71 in testing (Friday news last week) it seems they were working on other things during the delay. Seems likely it was delayed waiting for fixes from Mythic rather than truly being GOAs fault.

Doubt theyd be allowed to confirm it either way though ;)

Not just Italian: with Spanish servers on their way it seems itll be 4 languages to translate (French/German/Italian/Spanish), with 5 to be tested (+ English, obviously)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you will probbly find that goa were working with mythic to do most of the translation IE the content and conversations between mobs and characters the stuff that requires a direct language translation.

Although i would suspect they run the text files through a big ole translation matrix then get their team of translators to read through the lot and make sure it makes sence.

The 3 month wait will be the hard coding where they change the server side and client side code to work on their systems. Translating from one language to another takes time but i would say ensuring it works on the european client takes much longer.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
GReaper said:
US releases:

Shrouded Isles - December 3, 2002
Trials of Atlantis - October 28, 2003
Catacombs - December 7, 2004

European releases:

Shrouded Isles - February 19, 2003 (78 days)
Trials of Atlantis - February 27, 2004 (120 days)

ToA release date was confirmed on January 28, 2004 by GOA. Considering the time its taken for New Frontiers to come, it seems they're a little bit slow at the moment. I'd say late March or early April, especially with the extra Italian testing involved.

don't forget ToA was actually 1.67 and not 1.66, so we got the version finished on the 28th of January.
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1313.shtml

That said I expect a lot of work would have been done before then :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom