Navy Seals

S

ShockingAlberto

Ok, new realism mod for Q3. http://www.ns-co.net

How many people here have given it a shot? Apart from the high memory usage and looooong map load times, my first impressions are that it's alot of fun.

The rounds rarely go on for ages, so it has more of a TDM feal than team survivor. It seems fairly balanced atm, allthough the Spas did seem a bit week to me.

Obviously it's hard to judge fairly untill it's been out longer, but atm, it seems at least as much fun as Q3UT. My only worry is that you get skill points too easily, so everyone can be using the more powerfull weapons straight away.. Allthough saying that, the powerful guns are hardly any more useful than the ones you can get at the start.

The flashbangs are also increadably annoying, far more useful than in any other game. Not only do they send you totally blind for a fair while, but they make a horrible wailing sound, which makes you reach for the speaker volume nob...

Could BW consider setting up a server? There seem to be enough European servers, but i would certainly prefer to play on BW than Jolt(can you say lag?).
The mem usage is pretty severe though. I've only got 190megs, yet i had to set the hunkmegs to 140... When i used the amount the mod people suggested(120), map loads online were ballsing up near the end, presumably due to the player models(worked in a lan). *luckily* I don't need much memory for my system(seems to be using ~15megs when i finnish playing), so i can afford to give the mod what it wants, allthough i'd guess Windows users are having more trouble with it than i had.

B

bigfoot

We are having a look at it (possibly as a replacement to Q3Rally which has tailed off dramatically) but if it is as demanding as you say then it is perhaps unlikely we will offer it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom