Advice Naughty Postman

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Basically, today I received an envelope that was sent via recorded delivery (to be signed for) now not only did postie poke it through the door and leg it, it was already fecking opened!!

I'm gonna complain about it, but really wanna stick it to them regarding the law on such matters.
So, does anyone know of any sites that would assist me in clueing myself up so I don't get fobbed off with a load of bollocks?

Cheers :drink:

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Given time of year, and it was supposed to be signed for, I'm thinking maybe crimbo temp thinking "bonus! christmas cards with money!!" then finding it to be nothing of value to them, stuff it through the door an leg it.

Really fuckin pissed off, blatantly been opened and it was meant to be signed for, was people in at the time, they didn't knock the door, just put it through the letterbox an went.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Could it be that the letter was delivered to the neighbour by accident and they did the opening/legging manouver?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Given time of year, and it was supposed to be signed for, I'm thinking maybe crimbo temp thinking "bonus! christmas cards with money!!" then finding it to be nothing of value to them, stuff it through the door an leg it.

Really fuckin pissed off, blatantly been opened and it was meant to be signed for, was people in at the time, they didn't knock the door, just put it through the letterbox an went.
Most of the time it's usually opened at the sorting office, not by the postman himself, he 'runs' off like you say because you'll attack him with the above. :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
You

should report it. Happened to my mother a few years ago with standard mail. Items not reaching her that were from relatives. She made a complaint and later was told that it had resulted in an arrest and sacking of a postman who was opening hundreds of letters around Christmas looking for money and vouchers. They thanked her for reporting it as they managed to tie it up with other reports and narrow down the post route and time the thefts occurred.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yup. similar thing happened at my local post office. some dude arrested and sacked for stealing packages from certain senders (like electronics shops).

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I read the title as naughty Portman earlier when was work...

Must say that I am now thoroughly disappointed :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Dad worked in the post office for a year and a bit about a decade ago and from what he remembers if a letter is "accidentally" opened in transport it should be put into another envelope and the delivery guy should give it to you and inform you. The sorting office should do it so if they have not you assume the postie would to cover his arse. So maybe the postie decided to have a look like you said :(

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the time it's usually opened at the sorting office, not by the postman himself, he 'runs' off like you say because you'll attack him with the above. :)
Super late reply I know, not been here in years but was just looking at some of my old posts, turns out around 6 months after posting this, a postie that lived over the road from me was actually convicted and jailed for what I was suggesting. I also never "attacked" anyone....

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Super late reply I know, not been here in years but was just looking at some of my old posts, turns out around 6 months after posting this, a postie that lived over the road from me was actually convicted and jailed for what I was suggesting. I also never "attacked" anyone....
Welcome back

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom