Naughty number-plates banned

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ananova.com said:
The DVLA have stepped in to ban a list of naughty number-plates before the new 57 registrations arrive.

They were forced to act to stop cheeky drivers using the number combination to "spell out" offensive or controversial words.

Officials feared the figures 5 and 7 - on new plates from September - may be used to represent letters S and T or S and Y, reports The Sun.

That could have seen cars on the streets with registrations TE57 CLE (Testicle), EC57 ASY (Ecstasy), BA57 ARD (Bastard), MY57 ASH (My Stash), H057 AGE (hostage) and HE57 ABS (stabs).

Also banned is EA57 GAL (Easy Gal).

A DVLA spokesman said the plates were blocked "to avoid causing "general offence or embarrassment".

But a spokesman for the Association of British Drivers said: "The DVLA should be setting their priorities on more worthwhile issues - like reviewing safety."

I'm most dissapointed ;/

will they still do HW47 TIE?

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Nanny state - or justified?

What do the Freddy populous think on this one.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think it is wrong, just let the plates through and bring a bit of joy to the road instead of a million bloody speed cameras!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
tbh if it isn't openly sexist, racist or pro-nazi or whatever then surely it should be ok?

imo there's quite a difference between a car with a pun in it's numberplate and for example naming your kid "Megadeth" or "Mummy's dearest" or "Daddy's lil Nazi"

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Can i still have a HO71 ONE as my lisence plate :D

Bit silly really.

Nate

FH is my second home
I wish I had a camera to take a pic of the car I saw the other day with WE PWN as a liscence plate :D He wasn't pwning me though, also dissapointed :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom